1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiderman movie dead?!?!

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Trent Lane, Sep 12, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

A friend, last nite, told me that the original teaser trailer and poster will be on the DVD, as well as the new teaser and eventual regular trailer - which I'm cool with. I actually taped the trailer off E! when COMING ATTRACTIONS showed it.

2. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Isn't the trailer on a DVD now basically a given? For the most part, anyway.

3. James Harvey

Trailers are a must, yeah. But Sony has pulled the current Spidey teaser so whether it shows up on the disc is up in the air.

4. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Moving the WTC trailer - perhaps for a week or so - would seem appropriate as that building holds a connection to the disaster for many people.

However the object of terrorism is fear. We shouldn't be censoring, editing and rescheduling our entertainment as a response to terrorism. That is a sign of fear.

We should fight terrorism by remaining civillized. Doing our best to ignore it and prove that such tactics will not reduce us to living in a nervous state of fear where our media has to be carefully controlled and manipulated for us. The SpiderMan trailer is a small thing, but it represents a problem that comes with such disasters - the fine line between sensitivity and censorship.

5. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

It would be like after the Titanic went down if they had movies back then and they decided to stop showing movies with boats in them. I think seeing a good terrorist flick where they get their booty kicked SHOULD be shown now more than ever! I guess they are afraid people will act out what they see in the movies tho, I suppose.

6. James Harvey

I think in time we'll see this heal over. I ma sure we'll see this magnificent sneek peek trailer on the disc.