1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiderman movie dead?!?!

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Trent Lane, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Rumor has it that the trailers for the Spiderman movie is out of theaters now and the movie is on hold. Also, the new Arnold Schwartenager movie has been delayed from theaters. I guess it has to do with the WTC tragedies...

2. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

I've heard that they are changing scenes in the Spidey movie to remove the towers. The towers played a part in the trailer. They are not going to kill the movie, they've put too much into it already.

Check www.spidermanhype.com for all the news.

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

MIB2 is also being altered, as the climax took place at TWC Go to www.comingsoon.net for updates. Thos emovies are still hitting theatres at their respective dates.

4. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

Its my understanding the Spiederman trailer had really nothing at all to do with the film, simply a teaser of what the movie would be like. Therefore, I suspect that they did probably have some shots of him web slinging around NY though and they will have to be reomved.

5. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

At Spidermanhype, they said that the whole trailer was going to be in the movie, so they'd have to at least change the ending of that, which had a criminal group's helicopter stuck in webbing between the WTC towers. Plus, like you say, they were in the background.

6. Jowy Blight

Jowy Blight Chillin' Out

Man, you scared me greatly saying that the Spiderman movie was dead. I'm REALLY looking forward to this movie.

7. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

[color=00FFFF]Yeah I heard that a couple days ago. Man I think this bites. I want to morn the tragedy same as everyone, and give my heart as well as the proper respect to the victims, but at the same time I don't want things to be changed all that much. It's like not letting the attack get to us, ya know? Returning to normal life. I don't want the terrorists to see anything's changed by reason of their cowardly act.

And not wanting the Spiderman movie altered is also a part of my feelings. Like, I want them to pull all the stops, ya know? [/color]

8. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

Yhea the TV execs are nuts too. It looks like the new spy shows are gona be shelfed plus I heard rumors that Fox Kids is going to shelf the Ripping Freinds ep with the war loard in it.

9. Trent Lane

Now because they're trying to make the Spidey trailer "disappear", they've got to change the trailers on several DVD's coming out from what I've heard. It's affecting a lot of different stuff. I don't think they should do all of this because of what happened. It's like they're saying the WTC didn't exsist to a point...

10. James Harvey

24 and Alias (two CIA themed shows) are still set to air, with The Agency still up in the air. The thrid show wil likely air. Now retailers are urging video stores and malls to pull movie slike Die Hard and Independacne Day from the shelves permenatly as well as never air those movies again. On top of that, retailers are also asking Steven Speilberg to digitally remove WTC from the upcoming A.I DVD release. Retailers did ask the same for the Final Fantasy DVD, but requests came too late.

Is it me, or is this getting out of hand. We want to remember WTC and the people within, not erase them from our memory.

On a sickening note, people who taped the Spider-Man movie trailer from television are selling copies of the trailer on eBay, using the WTC towers as the major selling point of the tape. How low can some people go?

11. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

A Knight's Tale's release date (at least for the rental VHS, I am not sure about the DVD yet...) has been pushed back to Friday the 28th because it has the Spider man trailer on it. Our store, and all the other video stores, were required to send back their copies. So what next? Do we have to pull Die Hard off the shelves?

12. James Harvey

People are started to demand that just that happens. That any terrorist themed show or movie be stripped from the airwaves and taken out of theatres and off movie shelves. Is this really the way to deal with this? I know the WTC tragedy was horrific and words can barely describe, but to ask all of this seems ridiculous.

13. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

A Toronto entertainment columnist said a few days ago that he fears that in the months ahead execs only put on happy uplifting shows and will not dare put anything remotly depressing on.

14. James Harvey

I've read that as well and I can honestly say that I'm not looking forward to all of this if it comes to pass. With a great innovative show like 24 in jeopardy, I'd hate to think of what else may be dropped. I don't think I can stand nothing but fluffy comedies.

15. Trent Lane

So Alias isn't going to air or is being pushed back? That's gonna suck. Also, how can they have A.I. editted like that? To me, this shows that we're letting the terrorist take a small victory. I know it's dificult for people to see these buildings and the agony they may represent to them, but does it mean that we have to go and do all this? Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes, JMHO...

16. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

It's all how it's portrayed, if you ask me. While I can kinda understand people not wanting to watch something like Die Hard or ID4 or Air Force One or whatever deals with terrorists because they still need to heal, these movies DO NOT portray terrorism in a good light. In fact, I can't think of any TV show or movie that deals with the subject matter lightly or glibly or makes it look "cool." I actually think its fun to watch a good movie like Air Force One now and see some terrorist butt get kicked around. So for them to ban this stuff from TV and movies...well, I think that's really over reacting. Entertainment such as this has it's place in the world, and I feel that we are letting the terrorists manipulate our minds if we allow this stuff to be taken away from us. The media is treating us like children who cannot handle something meant for entertainmet cuz it might be percieved as negative. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing can be as horrific as what occurred on Sept 11th. So I say leave our movies and TV shows alone.

17. James Harvey

The Agency isn't going to premiere in it's originally intended slot and has been pushed to an undisclosed date. I'm guessing CBS will delay it a week or two, like the rest of their schedule. To try and get rid of any terrorist theme movie or show is just ridiculous. Yes people are hurting from this, but we don't need to wipe it out like it never existed.

18. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

That reminds me of something Bush said yesterday, when he vowed to put an end to "evil doers." As noble as that sounds, it's a lofty statement and goal that we will never achieve. It's like they want us to believe everything will be all rosy and peaceful and utopian again, but it never was and never will be.

19. James Harvey

You know, Spider-Man is probably gonna have to undergo some major digital changes - I wonder how much it'll cost Sony to make the changes. I'm sure it'll be a pretty penny.

20. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I had heard that it was only due to one scene where Spidey spins a web between the towers to catch some villian. I didn't think the changes were going to be that extensive. Probably cost more to re shoot that scene if they already shot it.