Spider-Man: The Animated Series "The Prowler" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Stu, Jan 16, 2004.

?

Rate "The Prowler"

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. ***

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. **1/2

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. **

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. *1/2

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  9. *

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  10. 1/2

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

Discuss this Spider-Man: The Animated Series episode!

[​IMG]

Episode #52 - The Prowler
    Original Airdate - September 11, 1997

Hobbie, a man with a troubled past, is released from prison with the help of Wilson Fisk and seeks to get revenge on his former boss, Iceberg. Fisk allows Hobbie to use a special suit to give him super-human powers as the Prowler, but with one caveat: that if he removes the suit, it will detonate!

Comments?

2. Kolbar

Kolbar @Cinecrisis on Twitter

I remember around the tile this episode aired he started to appear off and on in the Spider-Man comics, like this episode was responsible for him getting some screentime in the comics.

3. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster

I usually like to think before I reply in these talkback threads but The Prowler simply isn't worth it. Boring as church.

It served no purpose, it made Spidey look like an amateur, and had a crap ending. With episodes like this and The Lizard King, I wondered what the hell was going on. That, and the Prowler reminds me too much of Spawn, not in a good way...

4. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Wallcrawler

I really disliked the episode, but I sort of liked the character. When this episode premiered, one of the comics were doing this great new arc with The Prowler. Even though he's a c-level character at best, I always liked him. The episode didn't do him much justice, unfortunately. The ice puns were terrible and the plot wasn't all that great, either.

5. spidercarnage

spidercarnage New Member

The one thing i did like about this ep was its non-linear layout. It gave more of a mature complexity to the episode.

Although i'd have much preferred to see the sandman. Not really a dramatic ending to the season. As most of season 4, it was sub standard to season 3 and 5 which were by far the best.

overall = 7/10

6. Weibart

Weibart Intercept Now!

Ick, very boring episode. I missed it when it aired this Sunday, but going by memory, it wasn't the most exciting episode when I saw it last. I think Prowler has the most putrid color scheme for a character ever: green, yellow/lime, purple, and whatever his gloves are. He could've used a good revamp...

7. Kolbar

Kolbar @Cinecrisis on Twitter

The episode is one of my least favorites but not the worst. "The Lizard King" and "Rocket Racer" are by far the worst episodes in the series and "The Return of Hydro-Man" close behind.

The character of the Prowler was kind of cool and I liked his power suit. The Prowler character gets an extra thumbs up for being voiced by Tim Russ, who went on to play Lieutenant Tuvok in "Star Trek: Voyager."

I had never heard of the villain, Iceberg, before I saw this episode. From what I saw, he's basically a low level crime lord, whom the Kingpin never liked. Does anyone know if this character existed in the comics?

8. Tinytooncrazy

Tinytooncrazy New Member

No idea if icebrg existed in the comics he seems like a bad guy verison of iceman I liked prowler , he intersing character and was last seen being arrested in marvel civvl war

9. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Dude, there's really no need to be bumping these talkbacks. All you're doing is pushing the current topics down the page.

10. J'onn J'onzz

J'onn J'onzz Best Male Member '08

Yeah, you've bumped like half of the topics off the front page....

11. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

Not my favorite episode...at all.

I didn't like how they changed Prowler's origin so drastically and made him a criminal from the jump.

I didn't like the Iceberg character. Saw no real purpose.

I just did not like this episode.

12. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  13. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

Tuvak from Star Trek Voyager was the voice of the Prowler, right?

14. Trevor

Trevor New Member

According to IMDB that is Tim Russ (Tuvok from Star Trek Voyager) who voices the Prowler. Plus IMDB also mentions that he provided the voices for the Black Panther and Colussus in the video game Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 where he was credited as Timothy Russ.

15. AlgeaX

AlgeaX Oh, hello?

PROWLER: Well my girlfriend's left me, I'm a wanted criminal, I'm trapped in this suit and I'll probably spend the rest of my short life as the Kingpin's helpless puppet. At least things can't get any-

NEELIX: Hello Mr. Prowler! You look like you could use some cheering up!

PROWLER: Aww Hell.

16. Jeffrey Logan

Jeffrey Logan New Member

The Prowler was the 1st Spider-Man's helper in Spider-Man: Friend Or Foe (unfortunately he didn't have his cape).

This episode could be considered as "the filler", but It's not the worst episode.