1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Spider-Man (Reboot)" Pre-Release Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

2. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Why did you repost the link to this thread?

3. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

When a thread reaches 500 posts, Jim or one of the other mods step in to post a Part Two. It just keeps things from getting too swelled.

4. Gigatron

Gigatron 怪獣おたく

Since the first Spidey movie, I've been hoping for the Lizard, my favorite villain, to make an appearance.

Hopefully if it happens, the Lizard will get better representation than Venom did in SM 3.

5. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

Here's an idea someone on imdb came up with. The villains would be Lizard and Electro. Sometime in the movie Electro causes a blackout in NY and the Lizard comes out from the sewers during it. Man that would be so epic. No one would be safe.

6. DisneyBoy

Cool idea...if they could find a way to make Electro not look like a complete baffoon. Seriously ugly costume.

But I have to admit...I'd rather they didn't do that because:

A) Spidey 3 already had a dark motif going on and it would be nice to see a different lighting direction and

B) I'm still holding out hope that Livewire will make it into a Superman movie, and if they go this route with Electro now...it might look less impressive later with her.

7. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

I think they'd go with Metallo for the next Supes movie, anyway. And I'd totally forgotten about Electro! Actually, I think he'd lend himself great to really *bright* lighting; just use the blackout to set him up and having him use his power wildly afterwards. The Lizard doesn't need to be in the shadows the whole movie if he looks convincing.

8. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- "Spider-Man 4" will start shooting in January 2010, Bruce Campbell told Access Hollywood at his "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" premiere on Saturday.

The actor, who has a long relationship with director Sam Raimi via his lead role in the "Evil Dead" trilogy, made memorable cameos in the first three "Spider-Man" films.

However, he may have a bigger role this time around. Bruce told Access that in the next installment in the superhero franchise, he's been told he has a major part - but didn't yet know anything about his character.

The villain - or villains -- for the movie have yet to be revealed, though some fans have speculated that Bruce could take on the role of Mysterio - the master of illusion.

The film, the follow-up to 2007's "Spider-Man 3," is due in May 2011.

9. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Old Guy,

Please post source links whenever posting a news item. This is part of the forum rules, and you've been previously asked to do this.

Thank you.

10. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

after all the negativity twards the third film for having 2 villians, i doubt they'll do it again. i just want to know why he loves all the "lame" villians so much. we get sandman and now mysterio? just because mysterio, sandman, electro, vulture, ect are classic villians, doesn't mean they're good ones (for film anyway).

i'm hoping for the lizard to finally come in.

11. kid rabbit

kid rabbit Active Member

depends on which versions of the lizard they use
    the dumb animal version who attacks randomly (who lets face it can't carry a film)
    or the smart lizard who talks and has an evil plan
    I'd love it if they'd combine the two where the lizards a dumb beast the first half and the second half conner discovers the lizard grown a mind of it's own and talks and has a plan(just MPO)

12. JasonFox

JasonFox The Maniacal Movie Critic

I honestly would like to see Carange in the 4th film, preferabley played by Adrien Brody, he has the serial killer look to him

13. DisneyBoy

I'd like to see Carnage myself...just because I know they can pull off better goop/blood effects than what they did for Spidey 3...

Here an idea - if Mysterio is the master of illusion, why not go the scrapped Batman 5 route...

...have Mysterio attack Spidey, giving him hallucinations that he doesn't entirely clue into, allowing him to believe that part of Venom survived and became a murderer, going after Gwen and Mary-Jane (therefore allowing for both girls to die, in the "dream", fulfilling fan wishes), while meanwhile the teacher becomes the Lizard, for reals, but Peter/Spidey is so messed up in the head, he can't tell if that is actually happening or not.

More of a psycho-thriller, and yes, with three villains, likely to make people nervous, but the minute you have a villain who can play with people's heads, you might as well go the "people die!!!" route without necessarily having to kill them.

The fifth Batman movie was supposed to use Scarecrow's hallucinations as a way of resurrecting Nicholson's Joker...or so the rumors go...

Whatevs - just a thought. And I honestly doubt Mysterio would be in the new movie. They're trying to rebuild credibility. A guy with his head trapped in a dusty jar hardly qualifies...

14. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

They'd never do Carnage, as he's very similar to Venom who Sam Raimi doesn't even like, and would remind people of the relatively unpopular Spidey 3 as well. Bruce Campbell/Mysterio sounds like a winner, tho he can't be the only villain in this one; pair him up with the Lizard and there's your movie.

15. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

Carnage will most likely be the villain in the Venom movie. He'll fit more there. Don't waste a movie by having him steal the spotlight from better classic villains. I can't believe some people still think he'll be in this movie. Plus it'll be an even bigger slap to the face to Venom fans that Carnage gets his own movie, but Venom only got like eight minutes of screentime.

And Mysterio is far from a lame villain. If done right he could give Spidey and the audience a total mind-F. Spidey thinks that he has defeated him but realizes it's just a robot that he has fought and the robot explodes which injures him a lot, Spidey tries to sneak up behind Mysterio and catch him, but it's just a hologram. He could fool Spidey easily and he could use some very nasty and badass weapons on him. Plus, he could, like Scarecrow, use some sort of gas that would bring out Spidey's inner fears and such and make him go crazy. Mysterio made Spidey go nuts once in the comic books. There's so many possibilites with Mysterio. Just don't have Bruce Campbell play him. After all the quirky comedic cameos I wouldn't be able to take him seriously.

And about the multiple villains = bad movie thing, how has this "myth" managed to survive? Batman Begins and The Dark Knight should have completely destroyed this "myth". Hell Batman Returns should have shown that if done right multiple villains can work. The Dark Knight has more Antagonists then ANY Comic Book movie ever, and it's considered the best, the highest grossing and the most critically praised. I see people say that Iron Man 2 might be bad because of multiple villains. It's mostly by people who convinced themselves that SM3 was bad because of "too many villains" when that's not what went wrong.

And of course people still misunderstand when the 90s Batman where bad, they where a bad take on the character to start with, adding Robin and multiple villains wasn't the problem.

Unless they do the Lizard tries to turn everyone into lizard people story I don't see him being the only villain. Plus people say they're tired of sympathetic villains. It's inevitable for the Lizard to be sympathetic. That's why we need another villain that's just plain evil. Hell I don't think any of the other villains can carry their own movie. GG and Doc Ock are Spidey's greatest foes and are easily able to carry their own movie.

#15 KCJ506, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
  16. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

17. DisneyBoy

Don't waste a movie by having him steal the spotlight from better classic villains.

Ummm...but do waste the movie by putting him up against someone with almost the exact same appearance and powers as him?

Venom vs Carnage in a movie sounds to me - a total Marvel Moron - like boring times three. A whole lot of CGI gloop sloshing around acting angry. Like two pudding cups thrown together at high speed. Nope. No thanks.

I just see Carnage as a do-over. They can do almost anything with his origin and purpose and I don't think fans will get too peeved...and they can really make the movie suspenseful. I mean - he's a killer, right? Murderer? Out for blood? Sounds cool to me.

Lizard does what....? Conceal himself in trees?

18. KCJ506

KCJ506 Active Member

Unless they decide to bring Venom back in the SM movies(which I'm against) Carnage should either only be in the Venom spinoff or not at all. Carnage without Venom wouldn't work. What makes fanboys think that Raimi will even do Carnage if Venom only got eight minutes(maybe a little less) of screentime? And what makes them think he will do him "justice" if when they thought he raped Venom real badly in SM3?

And I know nobody said this recently, but I really wish people would stop comparing him to Ledger's Joker. Joker created chaos, but didn't bloody murder anyone in the movie. Joker is also a unique character that at least has different movations. Carnage is a one-note character that does nothing but kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, in a bloodfest. With no reason whatsoever. The SM movies should not turn into that. There's a difference between these two characters.

Just imagine a fight with the Lizard in the sewers, a fight with Electro in Times Square, an aerial chase/battle with the Vulture, Scorpion going crazy and jumping around while shooting his laser, Mysterio forcing Peter to relive his nightmares. I would much rather see of that before Carnage.

19. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Sounds like we have our idea for Spider-Man 5. Let's bring out all of the leftover villains!

20. Young Justice

Young Justice Silent Master Apprentice

Sinister Six. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.