1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-Man on MTV?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Aug 1, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

According to www.comics2film.com, the next Spider-Man animated series may be heading to MTV instead of FOX KIDS or KIDS'WB! The folks behind the show, Foundation Imaging (Roughnecks: Staship Troopers, Gatecrasher, Max Steel) are so pleased with MTV, they want to bring their next project, Spidey, over there. While I am sorta hesitant about this, this is interesting news.

2. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Iiiiiiinteresting. I knew that MTV was trying to boost its animation shows, but this is certainly an unexpected move.

3. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I'd be excited if it wasn't for MTV jacking around with the animated shows they already have. They can't keep any of them in the same time slot for long.

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

This is interesting for sure. Could this even help people pick up more comic books as well? I still think it'll head to Saturday mornings...

5. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I've said it before, and I will say it again...I'd like to see MTV just develop an animated network. That would be the best thing to happen for animation fans.

6. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

NoNoNo!!!!!! I don't get MTV...........:(

Mr. Eye

7. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

I can see it now!

Can 8 super powered heroes live together in a beachhouse for a whole television season.

Spidey will be mad cause the Incredible Hulk keeps smashing the door down instead of opening it. Captain America will be the peacekeeper. Spawn the bad boy.

8. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

Please put this in the textbooks. The next Spiderman series to go to MTV: The strangest friggin news I've EVER heard! And on this site, you get A LOT of news!!!

Wow!! Usually I respond to stuff like that with "interesting" but this is way beyond that! What the heck is up MTV's sleeve anyway? Well, whatever it is, bet that I'll be watching over their shoulder VERY closely, cuz this is Spiderman we're talkin about here. I must know more.....