1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-Man off Fox Kids again already?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Blight, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

Well, it seems that after only three months of Spidey, it is already being taken off the air again. In its place is some ridiculous looking new show. Alas, it seems Spidey was a summer replacement show and nothing more. And now I have nothing to look forward to on saturday mornings! Oh well. If Fox Kids is smart, they'll make it come back again.

See ya!
    Blight

2. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

we dont get fox kids in my town, we seem to be the only one who doesnt. fox used to be on a local chanel(21) then it dithced it and switched to another one(2) and wb took 21. didnt have kids wb for a wile beacuse while fox's contract was over with 21 was over, fox kids still had a contract with it. so you had fox kids on the wb in the mourining estead of kids wb. after fox kids contract with 21 was over kids wb came and took its place but fox kids never signed with channle 2, fox. odd. we dont have fox kids, so i never get to see spiderman or what ever else comes on fox kids.

3. Mr. Eye

Mr. Eye Member

Spider-Man wasn't supposed to be on for more than a little period. It was just a filler show. Hoepfully though it will return come movie time.

Mr. Eye

4. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

They're planning a new Spidey cartoon to fit in with the continuity of the movie. The movie is slated to come out in 2002, I assume the cartoon would show up at about the same time to capitalize on the popularity.

http://www.***************.com:8080/stories/0105/02/index.htm

It's about halfway through the Spidey article.

5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

FOX will indeed be bringing Spider-Man back come spring. They said they plan to bring back the show around movie time. It's weird how FOX keeps digging up their old stuff to replace their new stuff. Granted their new stuff is mostly crap.

Also, notice how SPIDER-MAN was originally rated TV-Y, but it not rated TV-Y7 FV? Man, just shows you how standards for cartoons change every year.

6. Blight

Blight Walking radioactive biohazard

I've never heard of a shows ratings being changed before. It sounds ridiculous to me. I mean, why would a channel change the rating when it has had the same one for years? Well, I guess it doesn't really matter. As long as I have my Spidey, I don't really care what it's rated!

See ya!
    Blight

7. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

See, it's little stupid useless changes like that which we have to watch out for. The stupid censors who don't want to be sued will do all these little changes over a long period of time and boom, the entertainment world will be even more worse off than it is already. It makes me so mad, let alone the way Spidey on TV is treated!! And how much I hate FOX! :mad: Oh aren't the hatred juices flowing nicely.