1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Spider-Man" Movie Sequels/Spin-Offs News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

So, it still leaves the question open to if the supposedly MCU only Spidey is going to crossover. Either him or the villains from these films. I assume these films should be going in tthe direction of the criminal underworld as opposed to MCU Spidey with the science fiction supervillains.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Tombstone in Black/Silver sounds cool. I remember him from the 90s series. I remember wanting to see more of him.

Chameleon on the other hand, in both, I don't know. I could see him pretending to be Spider-Man in Venom to lure Venom out, that would be a clever way how to solve Spidey's formal absence, or he could be what drives Venom by pretending to be Venom himself. Him doing something Venom or his host would not. In both cases mind games. In Black/Silver though no clue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. the greenman

Honestly, at this point I'm still not a fan of this Venom-verse. These are characters I still want to see tussle with Spidey at a future date. Taking these rabbit trails is annoying to me.

The one glaring issue with Tombstone I have is the proper representation of the character. Right now DC TV has a coup with casting an albino actor as Tobias Whale. Anything else with Lincoln could come off as whitewashing or even offensive. Then, Sony practically went there with Jamie Foxx's Electro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Sigh. Why not throw in Norman at this point? <face palm>

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I know Feige was planning to steer clear of the Osborns or the villains past movies had already used, but I can't imagine how he'd feel at not having access to Spider-Man's Archenemy because Sony wants to sell their own spinoffs :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

This is why I've had enough of Sony on handling the film rights.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

You never realize how much Marvel lucked out with guys like Feige to steer the ship until you see the news from the other three studios. It feels as though all of their execs are determined to pop "the superhero bubble" single-handedly.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I doubt there's anyone that cares about Nightwatch, but okay :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

At first I didn't even know the article was about a Spider-Man character, lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. the greenman

Yeah, I was thinking about another character called Night Thrasher who was on the New Warriors. I barely remember this character though the 90's used alot of AA characters exchanging "Black" for "Night". I would think Cardiac was a better hero, though closer to MCU Spidey through Aunt May.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Be kinda weird to do a Silver Sable movie and not use them at all...

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9/6: Just as weird as doing a Silver Sable-Black Cat movie, imo. :p

9/7: The Wild Pack line up will reportedly be Powell, Klein, Chen, Morty, and Arnold. Morty is going to be a male like in the Ultimate comics.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

Amy Pascal has said that the Venom and the Silver & Black movies take place in the "same reality" as the Marvel Cinematic Universe but they will not crossover with each other. Does anyone know what this actually means because Scorpion is said to be one of the villains in Silver & Black but Mac Gargan who becomes Scorpion was in Spider-Man: Homecoming portrayed by Michael Mando, So I'm confused.

16. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

That's a statement that was claimed to be made by Amy Pascal that was quickly DENIED and stated to be totally incorrect by Kevin Feige the main production head of the MCU. Who stated "Whatever related movies Sony is doing has NOTHING to do with the MCU and they do not take place in the same reality at all and have nothing to do with what we're doing" when asked about it. Which to me means one of two things about Pascal's statement.

1. Amy was misquoted or someone made that claim about what she said obviously out of context.

or

2. Amy was hoping to try and get fans/general audiences to believe that as a way of boosting the popularity or interest in their Spider-Man related projects by saying they could connect to the MCU but that was quickly slapped down by someone else to totally derail her comment and honestly make her and the projects themselves look even more foolhardy.

Since yeah I do think it's a pretty desperate obvious move by Sony to try and find a way to make money off of Spider Man since even though they still make money off of his solo MCU flicks they are again a company in need of more hits and successes so will try and get any they can, anyway they can. Which includes making movies about characters they in a sense technically "own" now connected to Spider-Man. Again these movies could be good especially if they follow in the Deadpool/Logan school of "we can make films very different then you'd see in the MCU thus have more a reason for their existance overall" film making which Venom/Silver and Black have the capacity of doing but yeah they are not connected at all to the MCU. Even in the ABC/Netflix way of "I guess technically they take place in the same universe but one property probably won't reference the other" existing.

17. ChessKing

ChessKing Active Member

What about the Scorpion thing with him being one of the villains in Silver & Black although Mac Gargan who becomes Scorpion was in Spider-Man: Homecoming portrayed by Michael Mando.

18. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly unless we hear anything else I'm going to say the Scorpion was just one of those rumors or ideas from the project years back (as Silver and Black apparently goes back a few years) that likely won't make it into the final product. As yeah obviously the MCU is building up using Scorpion (as they talked about wanting to have more of Spider Man's rogue gallery not seen in movies yet which would include Mac Gargan) so I don't see him appearing in Silver and Black which honestly should have less variable then a lot some of the rumors suggest they're cramming into the story anyway.

19. the greenman

Honestly, if they truly are including Osborn and planning spinoffs for Mysterio and Kraven, I find it very difficult for MCU to form a formidable version of the Sinister Six. At least using none of the usual suspects.

• Agree Agree x 1