1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Spider-Man" Movie Sequels/Spin-Offs News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Why is so much info getting leaked?

Hmm, an no release date now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well this seems like basic plot set up information. It seems like this is just pointing out more what the two's role in the narrative will be possibly as this doesn't seem 100% conclusive.

I admit the plot actually sounds like what I wanted Suicide Squad to be about... and that wasn't a movie about Suicide Squad but about Deadshot and Harley Quinn being on different sides and being forced to work together due to outside circumstances. Seems like we're getting that with the plot here especially the talk of the two's relationship. Though part of me kind of hopes that if we aren't going to get Spider-Man in this Venom Cinematic Universe, they have the two leads tease a romantic relationship. Wouldn't that be a twist? Then again I also actually wanted Eddie Brock to have a boyfriend in Venom so... I guess I just have the weird thing about wanting the leads in these movies to be gay. Because... I think it's more interesting or something like that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe they think it'll be a month for female-led Superhero movies and all the good will will benefit it :p?

6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I think they wanna make the film and just get it out there. Gone are the aspirations for billion dollar windfall. Just like at their decisions on The Dark Tower.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Perhaps. To me it seems like a pattern of everyone getting frightened with competing with the summer CBMs then the CBMs show up in the spring then Star Wars in winter. Horror movies not in October. They put them anywhere they can squeeze them now.

Dark Tower didn't do well, too? Man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Neo Ultra Mike

It is kind of sad though thinking about it that even Sony is going to get a super hero movie starring a female character before the main Marvel Cinematic Universe is. Seriously DC has one, FOX will have one with X-Men Dark Phoenix, Sony has this and heck even Pixar will have The Incredibles 2 which is suppose to star Elastigirl. Though I guess them having all these ideas and talks for this film does make sense to do now if the movie is coming out so early 2019. So far the only competition they have on that date is Lego Movie 2 which we'll see if they'll keep that date as there hasn't been any talk about that movie for months. Though if Silver and Black is R rated they could have a good battle between the edgy super hero movie and the goofy kids movie which seems to be the usual for the first/second week of February with movies lately.

• Like Like x 1
  9. the greenman

Honestly, DC/WB is the undisputed leader in female-led superheroine films. Supergirl (1984), Catwoman (2004), and now Wonder Woman, (if you wanna get really technical even V for Vendetta(2006)). As Joss Whedon proclaimed, there has always been sexism in the industry. Also, as you can see, most of Marvel's most popular female characters are owned by other studios Storm (FOX), She-Hulk (presumably Universal), Spider-Woman (possibly SONY or Disney). The only one their sitting on is Black Widow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Actually, Marvel has the Hulk film rights. Universal has the distribution rights.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. the greenman

Either way, it's not being put into production.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. AdrenalineRush1996

Well, Marvel did say it's still possible to do a sequel to The Incredible Hulk but distribution issues with Universal and the weak box office performance (it remains the lowest-grossing MCU film) prevented the sequel from happening.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Anyway, let's get back on topic. Further discussion goes to private message or the MCU news thread.

14. Neo Ultra Mike

V for Vendetta still advertised and showcased Hugo Weaving (don't know why I said Hugh Jackman my bad on that) as the main protagonist in marketting and even within the narrative so that doesn't count. Also like Elektra, Supergirl and Catwoman were just spinoff characters (well Catwoman was originally concieved as a spinoff to the 1992 Batman Returns movie but then evolved into the travesty we got 12 years later) whose films were seen as overall travesties. Since yeah sad as it was to say the reason we didn't have female super hero movies for awhile was because of the idea seeming so cursed and non profitable the few times it was tried even though it wasn't the fault of the characters or of the idea, just the teams behind these movies that was finally corrected with Wonder Woman. And I know the other reason it took the MCU so long to have a female lead (Ike Perlmutter and then scheduling) just noting how because of that they'll be the last in the game even over other technical Marvel movies.

More on topic with a release date in mind we should actually be hearing whose going to be cast in these roles pretty soon. Part of me wonders if we'll see a black actress winding up with the part of Felica Hardy/Black Cat. Probably not as that's a bit too "on the nose" naming but considering the director and probably wanting to reall differentate the looks of the two leads, I could see them doing that.

#474 Neo Ultra Mike, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  15. AdrenalineRush1996

Hugo Weaving, not Hugh Jackman.

16. the greenman

Uhhh, maybe in Europe they marketed Weaving, but in US it was always Portman.

Anyway, with the glut of cbm's it's only a matter of time we see major potential blockbusters released in January.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. the greenman

I'm really starting to question the idea of these films being separate from the MCU Spidey films. Feige said they will not return to any villains previously seen in film. There is a small selection of the rogue gallery that can possibly be a main foil, on top of being in the (suspected) Sinister Six.

1. Vulture
    2. Shocker
    3. Scorpion

With Spidey gone for the next couple years, and only 1 more confirmed film, if they truly are planning S6 for later, they must be slowly teasing a teamup. I just hope they don't rush it. Honestly, maybe tease more villains than just six for us to guess. I also highly doubt they'll ignore the Osborns and Doc Ock for too long.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think working on Homecoming reinflated Sony's ego and they think they can make their own Spider-Man movies again. They probably had these two movies in mind during ASM 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator