1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Spider-Man" Movie Sequels/Spin-Offs News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by the greenman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Let's just be happy they didn't bring up the Aunt May solo.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, after it was confirmed that there actually were talks for an Aunt May film, nothing surprises me anymore. :p

Also, unlike Venom, where I can see him being an anti-hero, like the comics, I can't really picture Kraven or Mysterio going out of their way to fight other villains.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Mysterio's basically just a flashy bank robber and Kraven's whole shtick is hunting Spider-Man.

There's really not much there as far as solo material is concerned :sweat:.

4. the greenman

Actually, if they plan it right, Kraven could work. His relationship with Chameleon was interesting. Again, my only hope is to see them bring in the Maggia and criminal underworld. Silver Sable is capable of that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Naw, that's awight. :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Ok. I'm beginning to think some beans were spilled and Feige put them back in the container until we were supposed to find out next weekend.

8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Is that a Better Call Saul reference :sweat:?

9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    #449 Yojimbo, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe we should now add to the movie rights diagram all the Spider-Man characters Sony will use that Marvel Studios won't be able too :sweat:.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. the greenman

As I said before, there is a story there between Kraven and Chameleon. If not it'll be a missed opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
    #451 the greenman, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's enough of a missed opportunity that none of these characters are going to actually encounter Spider-Man :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Now they're saying Dominic Fortune and a team consisting of Agent Mark Sims, Powell, and Klein (the latter two a nod to Wild Pack possibly) will be pursuing Black Cat. Please someone say this was an extended April Fool's joke...

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Including someone like Dominic Fortune makes me wonder if they really are planning for this to be part of the MCU. I really hope all of this is scrapped but I'm just wondering how they could use a character that Marvel TV planned to use.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, if Marvel TV was planning to use Fortune for their Agents of SHIELD spinoff, meaning Marvel must have the rights to the character, I have to wonder how Sony would have access to him o_O?

16. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well considering that Sony is in a sense working with Marvel with Spider-Man (or at least both have co ownership of the character) I imagine there's a lot of take on both ends on which characters the other can use in their various projects. I mean it's been made clear at this point that the "Venomverse" characters exist separately from the MCU so I imagine there are meetings determining which of Spider Man characters can be used in Homecoming sequels, and which one will go to Venom/Silver and Cable and the like. So maybe that means Marvel is also willing to use some of it's more low leased characters in exchange to have some Spider Man baddies for his MCU related sequels. I mean Damage Control was originally meant to be it's own series at one point but that obviously didn't happen and instead is a part of Homecoming and that was obviously not a property Sony owned so there already is some sharing already in some sense. So why not with people regular Marvel may not have plans with at all. Since I doubt Marvel cares that much that the failed Agents of SHIELD pilot character would go to another series and may not of even thought of using him again themselves so eh why not make a deal to have him appear in Silver and Cable if say the Sony Movie verse promises not to use... Hobgoblin or something like that so the MCU can use that in their movies.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, there are probably tiers of shared characters and each tier is defined by the capacity at which they can use them. Like Quicksilver.

Prince-Bythewood quotes. Will be like Thelma and Louise or Midnight Run.

• Like Like x 1
  18. the greenman

Marvel did say characters can be shared back and forth. Meaning even MCU proper characters can appear in the Spider-Man films as we've seen. Mostly the Avengers, but no reason why other characters can't.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Marvel said characters could be shared back in forth in Spider Man movies that are a PART of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However the Sony movies like Venom and Silver and Cable AREN'T going to be in MCU movies and vice versa. Thus why Tom Holland made it clear he wasn't going to be in Venom and other films in that world and Feige confirmed those worlds are separate. So yeah those characters aren't being shared and again are probably going to talked about who gets to use who in which movies so there likely won't be duplicates in one film in the MCU to a movie in the "Venom Cinemaitc Universe" or whatever it winds up beng called.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. the greenman

• Informative Informative x 2