"Spider-Man" Movie Sequels/Spin-Offs News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by the greenman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

ASM/Sony News

33, Stern YT 1/30/15, wsj 2/9/15, Screenrant 2/10/15, cbm 2/11/15,

I know this film is a little early, but the film is already confirmed. In midst of talk about Amazing Spider-Man 2, some actors are already talking about the sequel. Chris Cooper claims he is involved in both 2 and now 3.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/chris-cooper-talks-norman-osborn-in-the-amazing-spider-man-2-and-3

So a weak Norman Osbourne may lead to him prominently doing something about it scientific.

MCU News Sources (official from page 29 and on)
    Rumors and Sony Hack: IGN 10/6/14, CBM 12/12, CBM 12/19, CBM 3/12/15, CBM 4/26/,

General: Marvel 2/9/15, EW 2/10, Variety 2/11, Collider 7/1,

Cast: THR 6/23/15, THR 6/23, CBR 7/30,

Writers: Deadline 7/16/15, NPR 7/26, USA 7/28, Greenwald Podcast 7/29, Vulture 7/30,

Directors: LR 3/2/15, Deadline 5/5, Deadline 6/2, EW 7/28, DB 7/29,

Suit: CBM 7/29, CB 8/8, CBM 8/10, Tech 8/11,

Casting Rumors: Reddit 3/2/15, Wrap 4/22, CBM 4/25, CBM 4/28, BAD 5/2, CBR 5/14, OM 5/20, THR 5/30, CBM 6/12, CBR 6/12, CBR 6/12, Deadline 6/13, THR 7/8,

Feige: Collider 4/11/15, Crave Online 4/11, Zap2it 6/25, BDM 6/28,

Civil War: THR 6/23/15,

Not an origin story, will reveal origin in different ways, spending much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers, There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet, his nervous energy, bothering the criminals with banter as much as with his powers. That’s something that I think we’re excited to explore, we’ve already designed the costume, which is different than any of the ones that have come before. And yet ours is classic Spidey, We’ve been thinking about it as long as we’ve been thinking about Phase Three.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
  2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

I hope that if he becomes Green Goblin, they go for the Ultimate version for two reasons. The first reason is that we've already seen the 616 version, and the second is that the Ultimate version just looks cooler, IMO, and would lead to cooler action scenes.

3. the greenman

4. ToDandy

ToDandy New Member

Disagreement with this comment. Sorry but if I wanted to see the Hulk, I'd watch The Incredible Hulk. I prefer the classic glider riding bomb throwing maniacal genuius over the mindless monster from Ultimate series.

Honestly, they have got 4 films planned out I have a feeling that they are building into a Sinister Six film, especially with 4 already lined up as well.

My guess is the series will go as follows.

1) The Amazing Spider-Man- (The Lizard)
    2) The Amazing Spider-Man 2- (Electro, Rhino)
    3) The Amazing Spider-Man 3- (Green Goblin, Vulture)
    4) The Amazing Spider-Man 4- (Green Goblin 2, Electro, Rhino, Vulture, Lizard, Sandman)

At least that's my guess. I'm excited how they are taking the Spider-Man series and doing with the villains what the Marvel Cinematic Universe did with their heroes. And why shouldn't they. Spider-Man has the best rogue gallery of any hero with perhaps only Batman being the exception.

5. the greenman

The fact they greenlit parts 3 & 4 already shows they had a plan for this. Alot of people thought Raimi was also planning a Sinister Six, but that never happened for various reasons. I believe that mystery character in Amazing Spider-Man After Credit sequence was Master planner (Doc Ock), who is a staple of the S6. I really hope they recast Mary Jane Watson, cause she needs to be super model hot, not just a good young actress.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

I still ask 'do they really need MJ?' I'd rather they stay focused on Gwen instead of jumping ahead to college and with Peter's love life.

Dunno. Wouldn't Master Planner/Doc Ock clash with Green Goblin? I don't peg the mystery villain as Ock, guy seemed more like a lieutenant of Osborn's and I don't think Ock would play second fiddle.

7. the greenman

I believe the plan for Gwen is to die part 2, which still upsets me about Captain Stacy dying in the first, it ruined a better plot of making Spidey a vigilante. That was one of the greatest things about Spider-Man, is his love from public, hatred and distrust from media and law, and his angst with women. Hopefully they can get around to the criminal underworld of the Spider-Man universe.

I like the idea that it would be Doc Oct and yeah, Osborn is more financially powerful and all, but Doc Oct was smarter. Osborn was just driven insane like most of Peter's villain gallery. I still think they just need to expand the student teacher relationship between Octavius and Peter like Spider-Man 2.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Agreed, killing the Captain was pretty stupid. Which also makes me wonder how long they'll hold out on JJJ. Where the Raimi regime had lot's of MJ and a little of Gwen, I'm hoping it's the opposite for this run.

I suppose. Then again Ock and Osborn have been tied together a lot more recently in animation and comics (like in the Ultimate line). They could easily just plant Ock as an Oscorp employee, too. I disagree about the student teacher thing. I thought that's one thing that hampered the movie. I mean, you don't have to link Joker to Batman's origins to have a great rivalry. I think the same can apply to Ock and Spider-Man.

9. ToDandy

ToDandy New Member

Captain Stacy died similarly in the comics. Except it was Doc Ock that killed up. But his death scene in the Amazing Spider-Man was very similar to the comics where he made Peter promise to keep Gwen safe......and ultimately he fails.

I like that he died because it stayed loyal to the source.

10. Captain Travis

Captain Travis New Member

If they want to do Sinister Six justice they need Doc Ock. To me he's the 2nd best Spidey villain.

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

It would be weird to have a version of the Six without Ock.

I'm fine with them holding off on MJ for a while and giving more development to Gwen. It'll make her eventual death all the more poignant :crying:.

Also, hopefully they'll get another actress for MJ in the meantime :sweat:. Not to sound rude to Shailene Woodley, I'm sure she's a wonderful actress, but I just can't see her as MJ and the images that we saw with her on set certainly didn't help.

12. ToDandy

ToDandy New Member

Yeah, but if they are trying to get to the Sinister Six by the 4th film, then I don't see how they are going to squeeze Ock in, especially if The Green Goblin is the villain of The Amazing Spider-Man 3.

And there has been quite a few version of the Sinister Six without Ock as the leader. Harry Osborn, Venom, and other villains have been leader of the Sinister Six before. I can see them making Harry Osborn assemble a group of villains to avenge his father.

13. KCJ506

KCJ506 New Member

Agreed. I also think it would also make it more interesting if Norman is portrayed like Stan Lee originally wrote him and like he was in Spectacular Spider-man. A cold calculating ruthless businessman whom rarely expresses fear and is actually aware of his actions as the Green Goblin. No split personality stuff.

14. the greenman

I imagine the Sinister Six is going to be in the 4th film too, but who knows, it may take even longer. The 4th film could easily be about Doctor Octopus' introduction at the same time as building the Six. So far we have everyone but Doc Ock, and according to reports, Dane DeHaan is going to be Green Goblin first Amazing Spider-Man 2. Or it could be the "Character" itself, and we don't know who it really it is. Of course comicbook fans can choose between either Harry or Norman. So, it would make sense the 4th film concentrate on Doc Ock.

15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

It's difficult to do an accurate take on Goblin because as was discussed in length with them using Ultimate Electro, it's more difficult to actually justify some of the sillier costumes in live action. The Sam Raimi Goblin suit sucked out loud but it at least made sense in the context of the film. It was just repurposed body armor and tech Norman stole from his company. How you get from that to having him dress up like a green elf with pointy purple boots is tough.

I'd be up for something like a hybrid of the classic and Ultimate versions. Don't make him full-on Hulk but maybe have him mutated by the serum so his face resembles the Goblin's and then just go with the Oscorp tech again.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

Well, considering most takes on the Goblin have him created as a result of Osborn going insane and developing a split personality... a silly costume isn't so out there :sweat:.

Still, I could conceivably see a film take on him have Osborn into a more human version of Ultimate Goblin and while still using his classic Oscorp gear. Ideally, I'd love for him to resemble Spectacular Spider-Man's version of the character.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

"The Amazing Spider-Man" Sequels/Spin-Offs News & Discussion (Spoilers)

BOOM! Venom and Sinister Six movies coming.

18. the greenman

Yeah, I just read that. Huge news. This ties into the quote from Garfield who stated he has nothing to do with Spider-Man 4. It looks like they want Venom as an anti hero and it's possible to get Carnage as the antagonist.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

I think Goyer wrote a script with that premise back in the day. I'm skeptical they can do a good Carnage on a PG-13 film but I forget who the big Eddie Brock-era Venom villains were. The Jury...Pyre, Mace, Sunrise Society, Sin-Eater, the Xenophage, Dr. Paine... course Jack O'Lantern was Flash's arch.

20. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

There are a lot of interesting routes they could take with Venom. Maybe even the more recent heroic Flash Thompson take.