1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-Man & Green Goblin Movie Publicity Still

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Sep 20, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The more i look at GG the more I sorta dislike it...

2. Tim Drake

Tim Drake Active Member

Green Goblin needs some clothes

3. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

What everyone else said... if he had some decorative rags over the costume it would work a lot better.

4. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Do you look at CGI now and think it looks bad because it's still in it's developmental stage? I think it will look much better as time goes on.

I watched Air Force One again not too long ago, and I remember the final bit with the plane crashing into the ocean as something that looked great and awesome in the theater, but on my TV screen, it looked so horrible and bad. But CGI will improve.

5. frame runner

frame runner Guest

I have seen better pictures of the Green Goblin, and in them, I think his costume looks pretty ill. I like the armor look. He looks a bit too wide in the above image. I still can't believe how toned toby mcguire looks. He must have worked out like crazy. unfortunately they can't do anyting aboot his face, though. It's a good thing spiderman wears a mask. TM is busted.

6. James Harvey

Tobey said he bulked up for over three months to get the role, and Riami and the producers were instantly impressed with the effort he put forward.

7. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

[color=00FFFF]That's great to hear, though, I must say. McGuire putting ALL that effort in is really admirable. Not like a certain baby Superman who said they didn't want to research the part to give the character a "fresh" start. :rolleyes:

And what's this about a CGI cape for The Green Goblin? I thought Hobgoblin was the only one with a cape, and Norman Osborn's costume went without it. Well, as long as it looks right I'm happy. I'm sure the movie itself is gonna be great. [/color]

8. James Harvey

In the villian sketches (somewhere in spidermanhype.com's picture archvies), it is shown he has a somewhat tattered cape as well as the purple vest that he usually had. They said the cape would be too difficult to control so they'd have to CGI it in, a la live action Spawn. Hopefully they'll do a better job.

9. batE

batE crazed Max fan

Spidey definitely looks dead-on. Green Goblin looks like a joke. Maybe this is just a bad pic. I can't wait for the movie, though.

batE

10. James Harvey

I hear ya - this movie is gonna definatly be interestings and very well done. With the stellar cast and crew it has behind it, how can it go wrong?

11. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Well, I'm sorry to say I think they both look duff. The Green Goblin just looks wrong, and what's going on with that wierd ribbing on Spidey's costume?

I also think the late lamented trailer was very dodgy as well - I mean, come on, how cheesy was the shot of the helicopter 'trapped' between the Trade Centre Towers? Having said that, I was very impressed with the whole swinging through the streets sequence.

Everything I've seen about this film looks bad, so far. As much as I like "Quick and the Dead" and, to a lesser extent, "Xena", I have some serious misgivings concerning Raimi's ability to pull this off...

I truly hope I'm wrong, but I think this film is gonna suck...

12. Kero

Kero From now on I use the bath

Spidy looks good but the Green Goblin looks like a real life, meaner Cell.

Kero

13. James Harvey

Agreed, Green Goblin doesn't even look LIKE Green Goblin. This armor thing he has going, while attempting to ground it in reality, doesn't work. A phsyical transformation (like the ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN GG) would've been the smarter way to go.

14. optimal321

optimal321 The Manhunter from Mars

Well, i'll admit that that Spidey pic isn't the best one out there. I don't know the specific links, but there are some really sweet looking ones of Spiderman's costume.

15. James Harvey

I think www.spidermanhype.com is the website you're thinking of. They have an amazing photo gallery of hundred of pics. There are some GREAT shots in there!

16. mosszonedotcom

Spiderman posters

Hey everybody,

I have the banned Official Spiderman Double-Sided Teaser poster for sale on my web site. I will also make a private Ebay Auction for you if that makes you feel more comfortable. These posters are extremely, extremely rare! I heard that Sony is even demanding that movie theatres return them.

http://www.mosszone.com

17. frame runner

frame runner Guest

I happen to like the "ribbing" I am very impressed with how sharp spider man looks in this movie. I admit I had my doubts in the beginning. Especially since Tobes is in it

#37 frame runner, Sep 29, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2001
  18. James Harvey

I think the ribbing voer the costume would be the best way to work. I can't see just black lines all over the suit working out that good.