1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Spider-Man 4" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by DisneyBoy, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novapocalypse

Novapocalypse Active Member

Maybe for a flashback?

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe he's going to appear in the Osborn Family Mirror, going "HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!"

3. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Peter: You killed my Uncle!

Robber: No, Peter... I AM your Uncle!

4. warnerbroman

warnerbroman Active Member

Aunt May is revealed to be Norman

5. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Well at least then she'll do something. ;)

6. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

I can't begin to imagine why the producers think they keep needing to flog the horse that was Uncle Ben's Rice's dumb cliched death.

I could barely make it through that scene the first film. I can't handle it being shoe-horned into every subsequent Spidey film.

7. Mist

Mist Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic

Maybe he'll just appear in a brief rundown of Spideys 1-3 in the opening credits? idk. If they deal with the Uncle Ben thing again, I won't be happy.

Spidey's 1 and 2 handled the Ben-thing well. Spidey 3 was a whiny mess.

I'm really curious as to where the story could possibly go from here. We have three of Spider-Man's most iconic and interesting villains dead and a handful of lamer villains like Vulture, Kraven and Hydroman left.

Where could Peter's life be going right now that's very interesting? Spidey's 1-2 had interesting premises. Spidey 1 had him acquiring his powers and trying to win over Mary Jane. Spidey 2 dealt with him carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders while trying to keep Mary Jane from getting married.

Spidey 3 dealt with his ego and his own personal demons, while wanting to propose to MJ which was a bit lame. (Seriously, they just STARTED their relationship after years of being just friends and he wants to suddenly get married?)

Where could Spidey 4 possibly go? Trying to win over Mary Jane YET AGAIN after their break-up in Spidey 3? Repetitive.

Maybe Gwen could play a bigger role? Hm.

8. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

That didn't stop him from appearing in part 3. ;)

9. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

Yeah, they really should've left Gwen out of Spidey 3, since they barely had time to focus on her anyway. But I doubt it'll be about winning Mary Jane back, because they have to realize that that's been done and redone enough over the last three movies. It should just focus on Peter and MJ can be there, but not have thr story revolve around their relationship.

10. kaine23

kaine23 Gurren Brigade member

Scorpion and Mysterio would actually be an interesting villian teamup- one physical, one psychological.

and jolly JJ in the middle. ^^

11. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

Nah, the Scorpion would look stupid (at least if they did it like they did in the comics), and would probably seem too similar to the movie Green Goblin. But having JJJ in a major roll would be cool; maybe the Lizard and the Spider-Slayer?

12. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

They don't have to look like their comic costumes though.

The Goblin's and Doc Ock did not look like they did in the comics. I doubt Scorpion, Mysterio, or who ever they decide to use will look the same either.

Mysterio is someone I'd like to see done. There's a lot they can do with him that'll be visually interesting and drive the plot of the movie.

13. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I don't really see Jameson funding anyone in this continuity. In all 3 films thus far he's just been a guy who views Spider-Man as easy press, not someone who sees it as his moral duty to paint him as a menace. He's more comic relief for exposition on the villain.

14. Lelouch

Lelouch Fallen Prince
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

To solve the Mary Jane problem, why not introduce the Black Cat? I always found her a lot more interesting than MJ. Not to mention, she can be the secondary villain and add some more depth to Peter's character.

15. Mikintosh

Mikintosh Active Member

I dunno, I thought that was usually the case in the comics too, which is why I've always found his forays into villain-bankrolling to be a bit out of character. But they could make it in the movie that Jonah funds research to create something to simply spar with Spidey and create headlines, and then it gets out of control? It'd give JK Simmons more screentime anyway.

It'd be too similar to Gwen, and again I don't think Raimi convinced Dunst to stay on by promising her a smaller role in this movie.

16. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

That'd probably be the best way to do it. I think if you transition him into actively trying to kill Spidey, he loses his appeal. He's one of those needed lighter spots in a film series that often gets deep and depressing.

17. Old Guy

Old Guy Active Member

18. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

19. Mad Mod 49

Mad Mod 49 Active Member

Don't think so. One Uncle Ben's killer turned supervillain was enough. :sweat:

20. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Well he doesn't really say he survived just "who says I died in the first one?" Which doesn't sound definitive, just something to get people talking.

I need to re-watch the first film again too see if he died or 'could just be unconscious'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.