1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-Man 3: The Editor's Cut - Discussion

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by SuperFan2024, Jun 16, 2017.

?

How would you compare it to the theatrical version?

1. It's better than the theatrical version.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It's worse than the theatrical version.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm neutral for both sides.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Believe it or not, but after 10 years, Spider-Man 3.1 has finally been released! Though it's not really the "Spider-Man 3.1" you thought you were going to expect. But there are many differences than what we saw from the process of Spider-Man 2 to Spider-Man 2.1. Spider-Man 2.1 just featured extra scenes from the theatrical version of Spider-Man 2, but Spider-Man 3: The Editor's Cut actually has alternate and additional scenes from Spider-Man 3. Also, Spider-Man 3: The Editor's Cut has scenes from Spider-Man 3 that are actually removed! It's very bizarre. Instead of calling The Editor's Cut the extended edition of Spider-Man 3, it's more so the alternate edition of Spider-Man 3.

There are many clips on YT that show the new/altered scenes, but if you want to check them out yourself physically, you have to buy the new Spider-Man Legacy Collection and the new Spider-Man Trilogy Limited Edition Collection.

The Legacy Collection features all Spider-Man movies right before Civil War and Homecoming. The movies are:

- Spider-Man (2002).

- Spider-Man 2 (2004).

- Spider-Man 2.1 (2007).

- Spider-Man 3 (2007).

- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012).

- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014).

- And the new Spider-Man 3: The Editor's Cut (2017).

The Trilogy Limited Edition Collection features all Spider-Man movies before Garfield took over. The movies for this collection include:

- Spider-Man (2002).

- Spider-Man 2 (2004).

- Spider-Man 2.1 (2007).

- Spider-Man 3 (2007).

- And the new Spider-Man 3: The Editor's Cut (2017).

Here are the Best Buy links for:

- The Spider-Man Legacy Collection.

- And the Spider-Man Trilogy Limited Edition Collection

The Editor's Cut is also available digitally, for example, on Amazon.

NOTE: This is not an extended edition of Spider-Man 3. Like I said above, this is an alternate version of Spider-Man 3. There are still many, and I mean many more deleted scenes that aren't present in both SM3 and SM3: TEC.

In closure, this release came very unexpectedly, but I am still very happy for this. 2017 really is the year for Spider-Man.

What are your thoughts on this release?

#1 SuperFan2024, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Member

Why can't you guys make it yourself? Take SM3 and mess with it, a bit. Make it a better movie

3. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Could you clarify please?

4. ToonLoon

ToonLoon Member

He is talking about a fan edit.

1. Almost all of the deleted scenes that you could reconstruct a better movie out of are still MIA. So we don't have as much to work with as you would think. I would like to see a cut of 3.1 that restores the Aunt May scene that is missing from this version for some weird reason though. that seems like a big mistake as it was so powerful.

2. Fans seem to mistakenly believe that cutting out Peter's dancing will somehow make the movie better, which I think is silly on their parts. I still see people use that childish "emo" Parker insult after all this time too. Raimi's comedy has always been integral to the trilogy, and Peter having a hilariously uncool interpretation of being bad is one of those moments and a highlight of the film.

#4 ToonLoon, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017