Soul Eater joins Toonami February 16/17

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by bigddan11, Feb 3, 2013.

1. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

TV Guide accidentally spoiled the surprise, but Soul Eater will join Toonami and replace Samurai 7 at 1:30 AM on February 16/ 17.

Both Jason DeMarco's Twitter account and the Toonami tublr account confirmed the news today.

Crunchyroll - "Soul Eater" Anime Joins Toonami Block

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-03/soul-eater-anime-to-run-on-adult-swim-toonami-block

If no one else wants to do the talkbacks, I'm willing to do them. I have the entire series on DVD and can say it is a great series that is finally going to get the airtime it deserves.

2. Silverbolt

Silverbolt New Member

Just finished watched this, Amazon had the blu ray on sale for around 20 dollars, enjoyable series. Though I do wish they just didn't gloss over the plot from the first episodes and had a better final. Kind of surprised that it hasn't been on AS/Toonami before seems to be right in their wheel house.

Still glad to see Toonami picking up new series instead of just rehashing series that have been shown a number of times already.

3. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

I was thinking of doing the talkback threads, unless you want to do them?

4. bigddan11

I would enjoy doing them, but if you want to it's fine with me (especially since I'm currently doing Tenchi Muyo! GXP and rotating on the Line of the Night). I know you're doing 3 series at the moment, but with Titan about to end and with Samurai 7 ending you would be down to only Bleach, so feel free to do it if you want. It's a 51 episode series, so it'll be a year long deal.

Another possibility that we've done before with One Piece is doing a talkback rotation between two or three people that are interested. I'm open to whatever. I just know I bought Soul Eater because I love the various storylines and while it does have action, it is more of a comedic story, very similar to the feel of Bobobo (in my opinion).

5. macattack

macattack I see you!

All I know is that I'm not it. I'm doing Naruto and that is an indefinite amount of time. XD

6. BrianLeague

Splitting it sounds good!

7. MetroSparkster

MetroSparkster ...has nothing to say.

I saw the whole series from beginning to end a couple of years ago, and it was so awesome.

Nice addition to Toonami.

8. bigddan11

Works for me. Why don't you do odds and I'll do evens.

9. BrianLeague

Alright. I guess I'll start it off next week!

10. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

YAAAAAAAY, I'm glad Soul Eater comes to Toonami, it's one of my favorite epic entertaining animes which its got awesome interesting likable characters/bizarre villains, various cool/interesting storylines, and great action:D.I never saw it on the FUNimation Channel(epic anime channel), but I'll be sure to see it on Toonami after Deadman Wonderland, Casshern Sins, and Samurai 7, yaaaaaay.I hope maybe Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar, Shakugan no Shana, Fairy Tail, Fate/stay Night/Fate Zero, and Negima!/!?(I loved that series) might come to Toonami pretty soon in the future.I'm glad Tenchi Muyo! GXP is on Toonami which I'll enjoy seeing it again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
  11. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

This a surprise to say the very least, I only watched a few episodes online, but I liked what I saw. Now I can finally watch the rest of this series

12. Dub C

Dub C Just a animation lovin' dude

I'll give a fair warning though. For those that are in the camp of not liking fanservice, the first three episode are generally the worst in that regard. So if at any point during the first three weeks you ever think of dropping it for that reason, it gets toned down considerably afterwards.

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

Fanservice can be quite annoying for me, especially if its the kind of fanservice in the few GXP episodes I saw, but it's good to know that it will be toned down quite a bit after the first three episodes.

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

From what I've seen, its very mild. GXP's is a lot worse and less tasteful.

15. Monte

Monte Active Member

Soul eater seems like a good choice for the block. a good series all in all

From what i recall its really only ONE character in particular who provides the fanservice in the series but she's only a minor character. There are a few exceptions here and there, but aside from her the fanservice in the series is Tame. But yes, the first episode will be the worst when it comes to fanservice, but the rest of the series, not so much

16. wjbraden

wjbraden New Member

The on air schedule updated yet again and Soul Eater's officially moving up to 1:00 and Thundercats is moving down to 1:30. On Air Schedule - Adult Swim

17. Ishtar

Ishtar Active Member

Yep, so has the backdoor schedule, which actually lists Soul Eater rather than leaving it blank.

18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I was kind of expecting them to keep Thundercats on that slot just because it has been doing so well, but they probably want to give Soul Eater a boost as their new show, which makes sense.

19. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Soul Eater? Bring it.

20. bigddan11

You'd better tune it, or else I'll eat your soul. Wah hah hah hah! Those who have seen the DVD's will catch this easy reference from the series....