Sonic the Hedgehog - New Project (Discussions)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm...with that kind of plot, it'd be nice if we finally saw a sizable role for the extended SEGA cast in a main game again :).

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

In case you didn't hear, Project Sonic's official name is now Sonic Forces. Here's a first look at gameplay.

Pretty nice battle going on and the speed feels just right. I hope for the best for this one cause it'd be great to have a new modern Sonic game that was good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Colors? Generations? Why do so many people pretend these games don't exist or didn't receive positive reviews?

I'll give you Sonic Lost World. But it was the only recent modern Sonic game that received a mixed response. Besides that and the Boom games, which are a sub-series, the Sonic games have been on an upswing.

Anyway, modern Sonic gameplay is confirmed to include the white Wisp for boosts, 2D sections and Amy, Knuckles and at least some of the Chaotix as NPC communicating with Sonic.

• Like Like x 1
    #43 Greg91, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The premise is certainly interesting, chronicling what would happen to the world if Eggman finally won and how Sonic and friends deal with it (which gives me some Archie vibes). Given 2D Sonic's presence, I'm guessing time travel was involved in some way in regards to how Eggman was able to take over the world o_O.

I guess I'm not surprised that the extended SEGA cast are once again not playable, and are just playing support roles via communicating with the two Sonic's, but I hope they still have a sizeable role in the game :ack:.

I'm not surprised to see SEGA go back to the Colors/Generations formula since that worked out much better then Lost World's new style did. Looks pretty good :cool:.

The graphics look great. The texture and detail is great, and I like all we can see moving around the environment and in the background :D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Here's the theme song

• Like Like x 2
  6. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Well the game looks a little iffy so far. I mean the dark and edgy motif is looks to be something that can go well or end up like 06. Unless of course if this time they have more to develop here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MDawg

First gameplay footage for Classic Sonic.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I've heard people complaining about nearly everything in this gameplay video from the music to the level layout to the return of Green Hill Zone. While it does look a little underwhelming to me, the game is still in development and it still looks pretty good overall.

I just hope people can stop complaining. If it doesn't look good, hope for the final product and more reveals being better, rather than automatically resort to cynicism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. jaylop97

As of right now it looks pretty dandy, can't wait to see what else is in store for this one.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

New video

• Like Like x 2
  11. CNFan1995

CNFan1995 Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.

Don't forget the custom hero gameplay.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I love Sonic but this is kind of weird to me. When people predicted this a while back, I thought it was a pretty bizarre idea to say the least. Now that I know it's real, I'm flabbergasted. I'm not really into the original character thing so this isn't for me yet they have an integral part in the story. I'm also not sure how different the gameplay looks for the original character. It looks like the 2.5D gameplay of Colors instead of something new.

*sigh*

Well, at the very least, I really like the music for Park Avenue!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

It's kinda funny how Sonic fans used to be infamous for flooding DeviantArt with original characters, and now SEGA is basically giving everyone free reign to make more. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. MDawg

New trailer for Sonic Mania and the game is officially dated for August 15.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

This was probably the best trailer for this game since the game was revealed almost a year ago in July. The animated cutscenes looks great as did the art for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles plus the new gameplay footage. August is close to school time for me, so hopefully I'll get to play a little of it. That's the only downside for me. Otherwise, I'm glad Sonic Mania finally has a release date! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jaylop97

I really like the footage it definitely does a good job having that old Sonic feeling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Cunning Condor

Cunning Condor Unfriendly Cartoonist

Having the misfortune of knowing Tyson Hesse, (the animator) it really is concerning that Sega is hiring people who are notorious for their associations with cyber predators.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I am loving this Sonic Forces music! I'm glad Sega listened to fans and managed to put this out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MDawg

You want bad guys? Sonic Forces has got bad guys! Dr. Eggman isn't gonna make things easy for Sonic and friends and there's even a new villain that will mean a lot of trouble it seems.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Cunning Condor

Cunning Condor Unfriendly Cartoonist

What is happening.