1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Sonic The Hedgehog" Comic Book Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Cool Blue, Feb 14, 2004.

?

Rate And Comment!

1. *****

70.8%
  2. ****1/2

8.3%
  3. ****

4.2%
  4. ***1/2

8.3%
  5. ***

4.2%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4.2%
  1. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

Does anyone else think Julie-Su looks like she's less of a tomboy or didn't age as much.

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Thegreatest, Cool Blue Warned (Flamebait)

I declare this, the first ever OFFICIAL Sonic The Hedgehog Talkback, open.

Agent of K.N.O.T.H.O.L.E

After the devastating events of last month's issue, Sonic meets someone he thought was dead. This issue marks the start of a three month arc.

Anonymous

Someone's got a beef with Robotnik.

Mobius: 25 Years Later - "Dealing With The Devil"

A Dimitri centrific story, gives some spoilers to the end of the Eggman Empire arc.

#102 Lord Dalek, Apr 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2004
  3. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

This issue was average but I did enjoy it. I can't wait until further issues, but I guess Sonic and Sally are truly done for now on the account they didn't mention them. I'm glad to see Tommy Turtle now.

4. Thegreatest

Thegreatest Member

Hey, this issue sucked big time! I was extremely disappointed when I finished it. Seriously, the only thing that made it good at all was the back story and that wasn't even the greatest thing either. Well, there's always next month.And as for that stupid turtle, I think he should've stayed dead. It ruins his death by bringing him back. Same with Shadow. I don't mean to be coming down hard, but I really was angry when I finished this issue.

5. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I can't be the only one who believes Tommy Turtle IS still dead. It's too mysterious that he's back, and he definitely wouldn't be the focus of one issue, given that he's only had... one... previous issue. He said he reprogrammed them to jump in a lake, yet one ripped off arm was in the rubble.

And I also can't be the only one who likes to see Drago roboticized. (Those on the KenPenders.com board know of one person who just won't quit with the "Drago should be good!" threads...)

6. Lord Dalek

Robotizitation is too good for Drago, he needs to be thrown into The Zone of Silence.

7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Active Member

Uh... yeah. Might I suggest you two kick your dispute to a PM and not hijack the thread with your private argument?

8. Conekiller

Conekiller On the Cruise!

O.....K

back to reality.:rolleyes:

A really cool issue, every story raised some questions that really have me anticipating the next one. Like Knux, I don't beleive that Tommy is Tommy in reality, maybe one of those robot copies (IE the Sally and Fiona copies fomr waaaay back in tha day)

Also the mysterious Roboticizer.... hmmm my first thought was Kodos, but he's not smart enough for that (and he's canyon pizza) Maybe Naugus has escaped andis messing with Botnik, or the Dark Legion is acting up and trying to re-claim Angel Island fomr the Eggman.

9. Thegreatest

Thegreatest Member

I was thinking that maybe it could have been the original Robotnik. But that's just me.:D

10. Lord Dalek

11. Conekiller

Or maybe they're priming the New Metal Sonic from HEROES to show up and take charge w/ his own Mecha army:moon: :moon2:

12. Lord Dalek

An Archie Brotherhood of Metalix? Now that would be cool!

13. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

Well I thought the back story was pretty decent. I can't wait until King Sonic makes his arrival and I think that when he does it will take up one page.

14. Thegreatest

Thegreatest Member

I know I may sound like an action freak, but honestly who isn't looking forward to a Future Knux, Future Sonic battle. That would make my day of the year. I would even accept one from Lara-su and Manik or Sonia. We just need some action in this comic. The knock on the head in the first part didn't cut if from me. I was even happy when I saw Robotnik man-handle Dimitri in the flashback. Maybe thats a little sneak peek for the main story.

15. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

There can only be one....but seriously, given the direction Sonic Heroes took with the character I think I'd prefer that loner status to be the way Metal Sonic is handled. The BoM in STC gave up Robotnik's mission of wanting to destroy Sonic and just wanted to conquer. The games idea of Metal Sonic going rogue and doing what he did because he concluded it was the only way he could finally beat Sonic is much better.

16. Lord Dalek

Sonic the Hedgehog #136 Talkback (Spoilers)

Three stories this month:

"The Infiltrator" - Part two of Romy Chacon's "Tommy Trillogy" and things don't look so good for Jules...

And a Ken Penders DOUBLE FEATURE!

"Mobius 25 Years Later" - Sally's in it, say no more.

"Patience"- Knuckles must choose between liberating Angel Island on his own or remaining trapped on the sidelines.

Comments?

17. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Yes, the comic is still around.

[​IMG]

With a new head writer, Sonic the Hedgehog is back with a vengeance, along with his talkback thread.

So, what's everyone thinking of "The Darkest Storm" so far? Not only does it bring the return of Mammoth Mogul and Naugus, but it also finally wraps up the long-running Anonymous plot. Writer Ian Flynn says the story will completely shake up the Sonic universe, and I can't wait for next month to discover just how it comes about.

So, discuss!

18. Conekiller

It hasn't quite wrapped up the Anonymous plot yet (we don't even know who he/she is yet!)

but I have to admit I've been enjoying the book more since Ian jumped on board!

19. JMorgan

JMorgan Member

I haven't posted at TZ in awhile, and my first new post is reviving a dead thread that seems to have already been revived from long-dead status once before. Whee.

But seriously; as of late I've had my fascination and love for SatAM rekindled due to various reasons, and I've been reading about it and the comic a bunch for the last week or two. I actually never knew about the Archie comic for a long, /LONG/ time--if I'd have known about it as a kid, I'd have been its biggest fan. My brother was even a huge comic nut, and HAS the very first issue, but he didn't like it (since it was so kiddish for the first few issues) so he never followed through with getting more--though why he didn't at least tell ME, since I was a kid back then and it would have totally gotten me into comics, I'll never know.

Anyway, when I got Sonic Mega Collection back in 2002, though I had heard of the comic just a bit before that, that game's what got me really interested in it. All the comic covers.. they were so delicious. I was sorely hoping for scans of the comics themselves to unlock, but alas, to my knowledge not it, nor the "Plus" edition of the same game for PS2, nor Sonic Gems, nor any other game have such a thing (except for that one really old anniversary issue or whatever). Sigh. So out of the 160+ issues, and countless spinoffs and specials, I have access to a whopping TWO issues.

I saw the newest issue (the one shown in the above post) in the mall last Friday, and would have gotten it, but I had just bought a game and was fresh out of dough. I could have asked my friend, but I felt a little weird asking my 20 year old friend for cash to buy a Sonic the Hedgehog comic book. Next time I go, though, I might pick it up...

But here's the thing.

I've been hearing from many peopel that the comic's not what it used to. Some artist or writer or both artist and writer or some crap left the comic's production fairly recently, and the quality's declined--from what I hear. I dunno how recently. When I looked in the issue myself, I notice the art style wasn't near as awesome-looking as it was on many of those covers in SMC. And the comic itself seemed quite short and VERY full of ads--like, almost every page. I dunno...

I'm REALLY interested in it, but is it worth it, at this day and age, to take the time and money to get into it? I REALLY wish I couldda gotten into it when it was new, and I had a big chance to again four years ago, but I didn't take it... would it even be worth it to get into it now, and/or try to track down/buy the really good-looking earlier portions of the series? Part of me REALLY wants to, part of me thinks I just kind of missed out and shouldn't really bother anymore..

20. Conan-san

Conan-san Active Member

now, calm me down, but the end of the three part series...