1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Sonic The Hedgehog" Comic Book Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Cool Blue, Feb 14, 2004.

?

Rate And Comment!

1. *****

70.8%
  2. ****1/2

8.3%
  3. ****

4.2%
  4. ***1/2

8.3%
  5. ***

4.2%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4.2%
  1. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Oh yeah, that atrocity.

Anyways, after flipping through #133 today, a few good things.

Now we just need some fun storylines, along with exposition to explain what happened in that year.

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

No it is not, that cartoon was never made. Take a look at the early Archie issues and you'll see the Sally that appears in Head or Tails.

3. Lord Dalek

Don't expect anything "fun". Issue 135 looks like its gonna be a wheeper.

4. Toon Hermit

Toon Hermit Always jaded

Uh, hello? My question?:confused:

5. Duke Psychology

Duke Psychology Active Member

a'ight fanboys de Sonic comicos

tell me how these comics were able to combine the Sonic games with SatAM, especially where the Adventure titles are concerned. how'd they affect the storyline?

are they gonna do one for Heroes?

6. Chad Bonin

Yeah, saw that shot of Sonic holding Jules for the cover.

Man, I just want a fun story. Get a good artist, have Sonic face off against some new Robotnik threat, and not have any major ramifications on the plot...

Until 50 issues later, where they do a 180 on the characters, but explain it (Like Horizont Al and Verti Cal).

7. Chad Bonin

I believe I said that the rumor was that Cream would be introduced as Bunnie's cousin.

Pretty good, actually. Mobius is a big planet; there are various "zones" (either alternate dimensions or just locations) that might show up when the games necessitated them (Sonic entered a building and flew through the Triple Threat Zones in two pages, but areas like Station Square are full-fledged cities). For the Adventure adaptation, the gang flew to Station Square to fight Robotnik and Perfect Chaos... which actually had a major effect, turning Station Square into a very pivotal society.

8. Lord Dalek

Aren't Al and Cal dead and burried along with Mobie?

For Doceggman: Consider the cover of #132 the closest your gonna get to an adaptation.

9. Chad Bonin

Mobie is still around, just off-screen; Al and Cal were last seen in their eternal struggle against each other. While something might have happened to their Zone, nothing has been stated and it's safe to assume... they're still fighting.

10. Lord Dalek

Not literaly dead and burried, l mean figuratively.

11. Duke Psychology

Duke Psychology Active Member

what about Adventure 2? how were they able to fit in Shadow and Rouge the Bat? was that storyline essentially the same or did they take liberties?

12. Lord Dalek

Loads of liberties. Karl hadn't played the game yet when he wrote the issue. That's why it's easily the worst of the bunch.

13. Chad Bonin

Adventure 2 really screwed things by virtue of only being hinted at.

Sega decreed they do an issue with it... which pushed the 100th issue story to the 101st issue... All we had was the events leading up to it, followed by the "Next Day" prelude.

Yes, the entire course of events of Adventure 2 took place one night.

Rouge and Shadow became semi-heroes, either an ally of Station Square or the occassional good guy.

14. Lord Dalek

Sega's always been medling with the comic, but they've lightened up since this issue.

15. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

How did they steal continuity? They took what was the considered the official origins of Sonic and Robotnik at the time and made that the start of the story. I don't see evil Super Sonic, Grimer, the Brotherhood of Metallix etc in other versions of the Sonic universe.

As for any comments about bad art- have you guys seen Richard Elson's art? If you can call that bad you're just being ignorant.

16. HellCat

That would be the Metallix Emperor, a giant Metallix on a floating throne. Robotnik converted his former Special Zone base into an automated factory to produce more advanced legions of Metallix (the comics name for Metal Sonic). However, the Metallix turned out so advanced that they planned to wipe Robotnik from the timeline (which apparently wouldn't wipe them out since it was Robotnik's assitant Grimer who had created them). They achieved this by making sure Kintobor never had the accident with the egg and the emeralds. To put time back to normal, Sonic was forced to cause the accident himself.

17. HellCat

How does a goofy cover make the comic on the same lines as a goofy show? The comic used comedy covers alot. Gee, who'd expect it from a KIDS COMIC? And the fact that they used the AoStH design for Robotnik doesn't mean much either. SatAM Robotnik had a similar look. There was no Mama Robotnik/Robotnik Jr etc nonsense in the comic.

18. Lord Dalek

Well, if there is one difference between Fleetway and Archie, it's that Archie is still publishing, while Fleetway reached the end of it's existance nine years ago. If this is going to turn into a thread bashing a long dormant comic that worshipped "Decap Attack!" then I suggest the creation of a new thread.

19. HellCat

I never intended to turn the thread into anything like that. My initial "Viva Fleetway!" comment was a joke. When people call something that was a large part of my childhood "mediocre", I'm obviously gonna defend it. I don't like Archie, I like Fleetway. I never meant that Fleetway was the god of Sonic comics and that Archie was worthless trash.

20. Chad Bonin

Um, Archie touched the Evil Super Sonic plotline in Sonic's year in space (Instead of seven Chaos Emeralds and fifty rings, he took six Chaos... Rubies, I think?). Anyways, Sonic got his butt handed to him by Super until he dissappeared due to the time lapse.

Well, when you look at Archie's awesome covers, which had such memorable moments as Mecha-Sonic and Mecha-Knuckles fighting over the rubble of Knothole, Sonic desperately failing but attempting to grab Sally as she plummets off a rooftop, Sonic running from the Royal Guard in chains (With "The Hedgehog" covered with spraypaint of "The Fugitive?"), and 134's shot of Sonic holding his motionless father in his arms..