1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Sonic The Hedgehog" Comic Book Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Cool Blue, Feb 14, 2004.

?

Rate And Comment!

1. *****

70.8%
  2. ****1/2

8.3%
  3. ****

4.2%
  4. ***1/2

8.3%
  5. ***

4.2%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4.2%
  1. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

The recent art has not been to good especially on the chaotix and Rouge the bat.

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Blame Manak. Art Mawhinney still does a pretty good job.

3. Conekiller

Conekiller On the Cruise!

blame Ron Lim too while you're at it.

4. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Archie > Fleetway.

I'd rather see the Dark Legion over the Brotherhood of Metallix.

5. Conan-san

Conan-san Active Member

*Anoying Wevil underwood voice* I can sink this "Archie" ship in two words */AWUV*

"Sally" and "Moon" :evil:

*Comic book Guy's voice* Worst anime basterdisaion EVA! */CBGV*

6. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Fleetway created their own universe. Archie went and just continued the over-rated SatAM series. I'd rather read about a Sonic who was flung one year in the future to find that in his absense Robotnik took over and must now remove him from power than I would about a Sonic who hangs around with a Southern cyborg rabbit, a Rob Paulsen voiced cowardly French guard and is trying to have a relationship with a royal squirrel who is over rated by half of the fandom.

7. Lord Dalek

Zone Wars is long dead. LOOOOOONG dead! And noone remembers the Tuxedo Knuckles episode either.

8. Dr.Zar

Dr.Zar Member

Sonic SATAM>Every other Sonic cartoon, including the utter pants Sonic X which gets way too much stroking around here.

Archie>Fleetway, BUT...

Brotherhood of Mettalix>Eggman

9. Lord Dalek

Dark Legion>Brotherhood of Metalix.

10. HellCat

Like I said, I consider SatAM to be overrated. Yeah, it was a maturer take on Sonic. But mature doesn't always equal good. Especially since the show brought in Sally, a character I find to be largelly overrated (and yes, I know in part she pre-dates the show, but it was SatAM that made her such a central character).

11. Toon Hermit

Toon Hermit Always jaded

Okay, what a minute. It's been like months since Sonic Advance 2 came out, and Archie didn't even mention Cream and Cheese at all?

What about an adaptation of Sonic Heroes/Battle?

12. Dr.Zar

Dr.Zar Member

To YOU it does'nt, to me, it worked just fine.

It's a matter of preference.

As for Lord Dalek's remark about "Dark Legion>Brotherhood of Mettalix"

I could'nt agree more:(

13. HellCat

I never said otherwise. You have your opinion, I have my own. I never claimed my opinion was fact.

14. Chad Bonin

Um... to let you know, Archie predates SatAM by a good year. And continues it by about a decade now. So, in all reality, the time where SatAM affected the comic is a very small portion.

Zone Wars rocked. Sonicaman Chaos Ninja Team, Sally McBeal, Tuxedo Knux... they were fun diversions.

You... don't like Bunnie? Bunnie's awesome. Given that her first appearance was the first issue I bought... I like her more than Sally. Best storyline? The one from "Sonic's Female Co-Stars Special", featuring her heartbreaking decision to either remove her roboticized limbs to prevent them from killing her, replacing them with actual robot limbs that can never be deroboticized, or attempting a deroboticization procedure that'd likely kill her.

Yeah, Archie has no heart to some of their stories.

And I think I heard that Cream and Cheese would be included at some point, the rumor being that Cream was Bunnie's cousin or something (Which would actually be good... we have almost zero backstory on Bunnie).

15. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

Well when you think about it we know enough on bunny. She looked like she was a normal rabbit who was farming before she got robotitized. Then she became the royal hair dresser, and last a freedom fighter.

P.S-Did anyone get the latest Sonic the Hedgehog comic, it was supposed to come out today. I'll be getting mine this weekend.

16. Chad Bonin

Assuming the local comic shop still has it in stock (They sell surprisingly well), I'll be picking it up tomorrow.

Well, in comparison, we know very little about Bunnie. Hell, we don't even know if she exists in the Evil Sonic Zone, and her future has been disproven thanks to her not being able to be deroboticized. All we know was that she was out in a field, got halfway roboticized, did the hairdresser thing for a while, was a continuous Freedom Fighter, has/had a thing with Antoine, and now just... um... still does the Freedom Fighter thing.

17. Lord Dalek

I find it strange that Bunnie isn't full Mobian now. What with issue #123 and all.

18. Chad Bonin

She CAN'T be deroboticized. There's nothing to derboticize.

That was the major downfall to her decision to replace her roboticized limbs with actual robot limbs. Taking those limbs off pretty much means taking off her flesh left arm and legs. She just has metal there now.

Although, theoretically... where ever her roboticized limbs went to (Not a stretch that'd she'd keep them in a box under her bed or something for memory sake), they'd probably be fleshy now... and kinda odd, seeing a dismembered flesh arm and legs.

That's what made her decision so hard; she gave up any possibility for deroboticization. The future we've seen in the past with her fully organic has been rewritten.

Fleetway, pull some drama like THAT out!

19. Lord Dalek

Forgot about that one, once again the Archie boys score where noone gives them credit. Archie (or more specifically Ken P.) already retconned their first future scenario out of existance. This, of course, is going to elaborated on as the "25 Years Later" arc continues.

EDITED TO MAKE ME LOOK SMART AGAIN!

#39 Lord Dalek, Feb 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2004
  20. Artemis

Artemis For Great Justice!!

So they got any graphic novels or compilations out I could use to catch up? I'd really like to get back into this again.