"Sonic The Hedgehog" Comic Book Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Cool Blue, Feb 14, 2004.

?

Rate And Comment!

1. *****

70.8%
  2. ****1/2

8.3%
  3. ****

4.2%
  4. ***1/2

8.3%
  5. ***

4.2%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

4.2%
  1. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

Hey Cool Blue here and starting a thread that sticks to my name. This thread is on the most way past cool character Archie comics publish. Sonic the hedghog!:) The series is starting to get really good after its less than high quality "Lost in Space" saga. Anyone else read these?

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Yessir! Go grab Knux Five, he's a real Archie maniac.

3. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

Pretty much one of the consistently best comics I pick up. The current storyline seems to be really heating up. The one thing I'm wondering is how long it will be before Cream the Rabbit shows up in this series. I know she'll show up eventually because I asked Karl Bollers on his message board at Comix-fan.

4. Lord Dalek

I think Cream should be a love intrest for Tails. Sonic is already attached in more ways than one.

5. AdamYJ

That might be cool. Cream should also become Amy's best friend. I don't know why, but it seems that Amy could use a good friend.

6. Lord Dalek

Amy's role in the series has dwindled considerbly from a couple of years ago. So anything for her would be great.

7. AdamYJ

Did you see Amy waling on those robots with her hammer in this past issue. That was cool. Do not mess with a girl who carries a big Piko Piko hammer!

8. Lord Dalek

Oh yeah! Forgot about that. Anyway, you can't argue that Amy got a bit displaced when Karl introduced Mina to the series.

9. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

I think Amy should have a bigger part as well. I think so because they basically took Mina out, but they probably did so since Sonic and Sally are closer than ever taking away the point of the two girls

10. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five

Since two people PMed me, I might as well post.

Uh, yeah.

11. Lord Dalek

My work here is done....

12. PaQ

PaQ Believe it!

My girlfriend reads these Sonic comics, if I'm not mistaken. (if I am.. I'll probably hear about it from her.. :sweat: :) ).
    Anyway, I'm really interested in em, and most likely will have to get one issue one of these days..

13. HellCat

HellCat Administrator Staff Member

Viva Fleetway! *runs off*

14. Lord Dalek

Come back here, you blasphemer!

15. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

Hey everyone, in the comics we can all agree that Sonic got his tail whooped by M. But I was wondering, at the end of the latest comic where M took of her shades is showed blue energy. Is she made of pure energy or something. Anyway the next issue for me comes out this wednesday the 18th. So I'll post again when it's out.

16. Frank White

Frank White R.I.P Notorious BIG

Can someone fill me in from the last issue I read....#4? :D

Nah, but honestly how do they balance the Sonic Adventure characters w/ the Freedom Fighters? Whats been going on?

17. Cool Blue

Cool Blue Grand Master

Well at one point aliens attacked and SOnic appeared to have given up his life and Mobius was very sad. Knuckles lost his powers and SOnic was flipped through space and came back one year later Mobius time. He had a big welcome but learned Robotnik declared war. He built Mecha who beat up sonic and A.D.A.M a virus that he can't control. All the Sega characters are basically in, shadow came back and Rouge is still with the Government. Cream and cheese will make an apperance soon if there is anything else ask and I'll do my best to fill you in.

18. Chazz Adams

Chazz Adams Drano Cookies!

I can't wait for issue #134 when Jon Gray makes his premiere as penciller. :cool:

By the way, am I the only one who prefers Spaz's older artstyle when everything was round and cartoony as opposed to his current anime kick? Just look at any issue before #75 or any of the Knuckles comics to see what I'm talking about.

19. Lord Dalek

I kinda like the Spaz/Fry pseudo-anime look. It's just there to show how the series has matured over the years.

20. Conekiller

Conekiller On the Cruise!

A-thankyou

I've been noticing the same thing, years ago I would have sworn off the comic (well....maybe) if Spaz left, now..I know we have J Axer, who has more on-model characters and a solid-er looking style. Plus those rectangle pupils are really creeping me out.

I hope the better artists are doing cool stuff to look forward to, the last 2 issues Main stories lacked....alot. Storywise they were entertaining, but they were ugly to look at (Dave Manak USED to draw the characters well, 10 years ago)

I'd also love for a full fledged Knuckles comic revival, it would free up the last couple of pages in SONIC to allow for bettter story telling and It would give us the trully inspired awesomeness that was the adventures on Angel Island we had a few years back.