1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sonic SatAM Should Be Restarted

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Rainbow Dash Fan, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Rainbow Dash Fan

@Neo Ultra Mike

I still don't think they have outgrown their SatAM roots, they seemed to be exactly the same to me in issues 217-222 in both personalities and roles. and changing Bunnie's backstory is a bad thing since that's a big part of the core of who she is, it's like completely altering Superman's backstory.

the thing that still bothers me is that a lot of the characters loved ones are erased and I'm guessing that despite the characters getting their memories of the old timeline restored, the writers aren't gonna mention it at all after that one thing I read about where Sonic tried to restore Mobious Prime since the shattered Earth/Mobious will take focus. them being retconed from reality means the characters can't even comfort themselves with the idea of the erased being in an afterlife, this includes Sally's brother and baby nice! and there was an afterlife established in the comics. maybe if they turned out to be in some sort of Limbo like the DC characters gotten rid of by Crisis on Infinite Earths. speaking of which, DC was serious about getting rid of Supergirl for good but she came back in the Post-Crisis universe, why can't this happen to at least the non-Pendder characters?

and you mentioning Full House being revived actually gives me hope since I thought there were a lot more haters then fans of that show, so, it could happen for Satam.

and the fans of the comics themselves are probably on Sega and Archie's butts about cutting short all the stories they were reading. this could all be solved by allowing Ken Pendders to do what he wants but in an alternate universe because that's still hectically canon.

and even if the SatAM over all doesn't have enough fans to warrent a comeback, what about Sally? why won't Sega use her anywhere else?

and perhaps it is a cultural thing but I would think the Japanese and American branches of SEGA can do things independently of each other to an extent.

and the President of DiC not liking the show may not have been the only reason for SatAM to get the ax but it was the number one reason.

and do you know the exact number of SatAM fans in the world or how many it takes to get a revival done?

#101 Rainbow Dash Fan, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  2. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

One, there are literally over 250 issues of the comic before the reboot. Picking just 6 to try and prove your point doesn't mean much when there are literally hundreds of other examples. Trust it from someone whose read almost every archie sonic comic besides most of the stories from issue 1-16: They do a lot more with the characters in those issues that they didn't do in SatAM, if you actually bother paying attention..

Two, what part of "the core of the character stays the same but they and the enviornment they are in change over time" that you don't get? Honestly comparing the characters of SatAM to the characters now in the comic is like comparing Superman in the man of Steel movie to the 1940's Fleischer shorts where he attacked Japanese forces to reduce their moral. Or heck to make a more relevant example, the Sonic nowadays in the games and series to the one of the 90's from the adventures of Sonic the hedgehog series who used outdated catchphrases and foiled his enemies by putting on disguises to trick them: things change about characters even if for the most part the main core of them stays the same over that period. Really you need to take off your nostalgia glasses and see how people have changed and how they are different. Because...

Three, even in those six issues there were obvious differneces in their roles and attitudes. When in SatAM did Sonic and Bunnie go half way down the world on their own attacking Eggman's sub bosses and directly trying to destroy his factories? Heck Bunnie didn't even really have flight or lasers then so being upgraded with more powerful weapons is a difference in role between the show and the comics. Plus since there is now a monarchy in the comics that reduces Sally's position so she isn't just waiting in the wings to rule as she had before. Not to mention those issues actually showed Sonic and Sally trying to date and actually progress in a relationship beyond "we like each other". They what at most kissed in SatAM? Kind of different there. Also like how you don't mention Nicole who obviously changed in that time period who you aren't bothering to mention whatsoever.

They didn't even really give a backstory at all for Bunnie in SatAM. We don't even see how she became half roboticized or even who family was in that series. And you know technically the first comic Bunnie was in, issue 3 actually did show how she became half "robian" and where the group found her. Which actually came out even before the SatAM series so yeah they've been "changing" her backstory even before her debut. Not to mention the fact that again the comics and SatAM are DIFFERENT CONTINUITES and thus there going to be unique elements to each in them and what happens in them. That's the same even for Superman whose backstory has been altered like several dozens of times throughout the years. Even though at the end of the day the core concept is he is one of the sole survivors of Krypton sent to earth which gave him super powers. There are literally hundreds of variations on that but that's still the same concept. Just like the core concept with Bunnie is someone who was half roboticized and now fights with the freedom fighters against Robotnick. Granted the reboot did alter that but it's still in a sense part of the character so it's still there so why are you complaining?

You know why the writers aren't mentioning it? Because they CAN'T MENTION IT! If they could they would because they obviously want to spell out as easy as they can not only for the new viewers coming in but the original fans who wouldn't know what the behind the scenes information is. But they can't directly talk about it because again the characters are now either copyright Penders or aren't really able to be used for fear of being sued. Because yes directly actually mentioning their names even if you don't show their images is still something they could be fined for and go to court on. Heck did you know that despite the fact that the Sonic and Mega Man books crossed over, they aren't directly allowed to mention the other's existance within the actual comic? They can only hint at it but they can't have Sonic say "I met Mega Man and helped him fight Eggman and Doctor Wily" ever because Sega and Capcom only had a deal to directly cross over in those 12 books of "Worlds Collide" and nowhere else. So the reason it isn't being properly handled because it can't be properly handled. This is an issue that for once you can't blame the writer, the fans or even managment for: but rather someone who use to work for the company and is now screwing it over.

Uh since no one was in danger of being sued or having legal actions taken against them because of Supergirl, I'm going to say no. Again the Penders thing severly screwed with the Archie company. So much so they had to hire an entirely new legal team just to deal with it. Obviously they are being careful and cautious now of who they can or can't use and that means anyone who could possibly get them sued, whether or not say Karl Bollers or Frank Storm would take them to court, aren't going to take any chances on. So again unless Penders and everyone else gives the characters full use to Archie/Sega they are never ever going to be in the comics again. Something you just have to deal with.

Uh, NO! Like I said you have to a huge level of popularity in some form or another for a revival. And yes there was a lot of haters for Full House but you know what? That series did incredibly well on ABC and lasted a full 8 years on the block and only ended because the staff was tired of the show and wanted to move on. And Full House still gets played constantly at various stations like Nick at Nite. I can't even think of anyone whose actually aired Sonic SatAM after it finished airing. Heck I know Jetix and Toon Disney and 4KidsTV have reaired Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Underground and Sonic X after they finished up but I can't think of anyone who in the U.S aired Sonic SatAM ever again. Can you? Because even if you can that would of been years ago as the show hasn't been on the airs for over a decade. Furthermore online streaming and high DVD sales also are what help get a show back as was the case with Family Guy or even Arrested Development in a sense. Sonic SatAM came out on DVD and only did decently at best so yeah that's not happening. I brought up Full House as an example of a series that was actually POPULAR and STILL AIRS as an example of what can get revived.

.... Okay I'm going to admit I was also foolsih about this point once when I believed that Penders would just give the rights back to Archie after having won the case from them but no that won't happen. Because you see not only does he own the rights but even if Archie did now try and buy the characters back Penders would still have direct control over them and how the stories would go as he would still own them. Because here's the thing: The primary reason Penders is obviously doing this is because of money and wanting to sell his stories, but a secondary reason is bitterness and spite. He has made it clear he doesn't care for the direction Flynn went with the book and what he did with the characters he created for it and obviously wouldn't want Archie ever working with them again if he could help it. And since he can't, he won't. You have to realize that some people have a specific vision that if they are allowed to keep will be destructive for others that can't just be approached reasonably. As some people can't be reasoned with. Please tell me you aren't one of them.

.... *bangs head against the wall for several minutes before walking back* Didn't I already explain this to you... twice? Okay for the third time, SEGA isn't using her anywhere else because they dont' feel the character and the background for her or the SatAM characters would fit anywhere else for Sonic. And this isn't just a Sega of Japan thing either: It's clear Sega of America feels the same way. Remember Sega of America is what is behind Sonic Boom and that world is clearly different from anything in the comics as well. They don't want to use the world of Mobius (heck the comics don't even have the world called Mobius as well because of Sega) and any of it's ilk in their games and shows and what not. Have you played any of the recent games or watched any upcoming clips of Sonic Boom? Even the style of the comics now does not mesh with that and they do not want to use it. Period. I... don't know how much simpler I can possibly explain that to you.

*Rolls eyes* Yeah I like how I call you out when you said that SatAM was "ONLY CANCELLED" (your words, not mine) because the president didn't like the show, and prove that wasn't true and you won't admit to being wrong. And again whether or not he disliked the series, it wouldn't of been so easily cancelled if it in fact it was a hit series that did really well in the ratings. Because unlike Ken Penders who is now an indpendent creator, you don't get to be a president of a company and just get to kill a show just because you don't like it. It may help you to do so but at the end of the day you're going to keep a show if it's doing really well for you or at the very least you're going to be forced by the other members of the company to keep it if it intefers with their bottom line. That's part of the business world. And trying to say it's not is honestly just lying really.

Hmmm let me see... tell you what? You get aout say... 40,241,145 fans to not only write in how much they would like there to be a revival of SatAM but also be willing to pledge say... 5 dollars each into getting the show back on the air, and I think it would be revived. So how about you get on that. And until then stop posting here about asking to revive the series and find all those people and get that money to actually make it happen? That would probably be a much better way to spend your time.

3. Rainbow Dash Fan

[MENTION=21795]Neo Ultra Mike[/MENTION]

the core of the characters being the same is what I meant now that I think about it, and that's all that's important, they can still be used in other mediums.

and Archie and Sega are being paranoid, I'm gonna guess that Pennders is the only one who would act like this.

if they can't mention the characters removed, why restore the other characters' memories and open the door to questions about them grieving for loved ones who don't even have an afterlife now?

and you still didn't prove that there are less SatAM fans then needed, just how many would be needed. how do you know there are not that many?

4. Neo Ultra Mike

You mean now that I told you what you said before was wrong and proved you wrong with facts that contradicted your previous statement. Is it too much for you to admit you were wrong, really?

You know for someone who wants them to be used in other mediums outside of SatAM it seems like you only read a few of the comics. How about you try reading the rest if you want to see more of them? Furthermore how many times do I have spell out to you that the characters of SatAm and the comics don't fit the other medium relating to Sonic that currently exists or is coming out, and Sega doesn't want to use them for other Sonic related projects? Again try playing some of the recent game or reading about Sonic Boom and tell me the Sonic SatAM characters would fit. Heck there's suppose to be a live action/animated hybrid Sonic movie coming out and they wouldn't fit there either so really get it through your head they're not going to appear in other medium, ever.

Well regardless if he is, the point is the others could. And you realize that by having lost a court case and having lost their old legal team, Archie must of at least had to pay out at least hundreds of thousands of dollars over this right? You really think they're going to chance it just because others may not possibly sue? Besides it's obvious that Sega wants the comic to also be more like the games and that means not using previous characters as well. And honestly after this whole legal debacle I think Sega is going to be a lot more hands on with the comic and how certain characters and situations are portrayed then they were before.

Like I said Ian Flynn is trying to handle the reboot as best as he can. And since he started out as a fan of the books and someone who knows the continuity I'm sure he also knew people were going to be upset at the idea of the reboot. And knew how negative people reacted to the DC Reboot. So had the whole memory thing as a way of saying "the old world is still there and won't just be forgotten. We can't really do anything with it now but it is still there." And again you have to remember that kids who have no idea about what's happening behind the scenes wouldn't know they were doing a reboot and would also be wondering what happen to the previous continuity. So you need to state as best as you can to them it's not gone as well.

It's been 20 years since the show's been cancelled and the best that's happened is it had a complete DVD set released without anything else being done with it. I think that's a clear sign that the SatAM fanbase isn't large enough to really have a sway in moving people's minds on a product. You also have to remember that Sonic SatAm is a variation of the Sonic franchise and for projects where you want to revive not the franchise itself but a variation of it, you have to be really vocal and loud and have a lot of support behind that variation to have it gain any ground. I mean Tranformers: Age of Extinction made a billion+ dollars worldwide, but that doesn't mean we're going to see a Revival of Beast Wars because of it.

I already told you how many. And trust me if there 40+ million fans willing to pay money for Sonic SatAM to be revived we would of heard something about it by now. But hey I don't know everything: there could be that many. But obviously if there are they haven't gathered yet to make a difference. So again get on that and try and get to happen if you feel it should. Just make a better case for it then you're doing here with how easily I'm out arguing and disproving all your points.

5. Rainbow Dash Fan

I don't see how a new show and not the current games or Boom can't use the SatAM characters.

and it still is a problem to have the memory thing since it'll be like the characters don't care about their loved ones.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

1. I'm aware, I just like making fun of that guy. As said though, while there was definitely more the show could have covered it still ended in a really good place.
    2. The reboot of the Sonic comics notwithstanding, Archie still put out so much content over the years that that SatAM fans have a truckload of story to go back to. It's the equivalent of some TV show running for like ten seasons. That continuity enjoyed a much longer life than most things ever get to, and the comics will always be there. It is enough.
    3. I'd suggest that if Sega really didn't care they would have pulled the comic license a long time ago. But nope. However, you're correct that SatAM fans are secondary. Nobody who grew up with it is a kid anymore, and so yeah they'll go after a new generation with new stuff. It's the circle of life. For the moment I'm just happy that soon there will be something fresh to erase the memory of the astoundingly bad Sonic Underground, which was pretty near an unintentional mockery of the kind of show SatAM was.

7. Neo Ultra Mike

... I'm really getting sick of explaining this to you. It feels like you aren't listening or are being irrationally stubborn, because I've explained this five times and yet you still haven't grasped it.

So here's the thing: Sega does not want to be serious with the Sonic characters. They don't anything they create with the licence to have much depth or plot to it and just be goofy and silly. Like the current games and Boom are. And though SatAm isn't like the most serious show or concept, it's characters and setting are far more serious and plot driven then Sega wants to get. The comics may not be the most hard natured and compared to points in the run before they aren't as serious as some other points in the book's history, but they are still more serious and story driven then anything else Sonic related. The reason the SatAM characters won't be used is because they represent a seriousness and a level of writing Sega doesn't want to go for. It's as simple as that.

Plus the characters aren't created by Sega at all and they don't want to use characters from other Sonic mediums in their titles. Again, I have no idea why this concept fails to elude you so much so again, for the sixth time that's the answer. Please please please get it this time!

You're not suppose to think that hard about it. The memory plot point was there as a way to show the old world is still there and will be remembered. And honestly I prefer the idea of it still existing and not just being totally forgotten about like the DC reboot.

I think it's more the case of the Sonic Underground team wanting to make something like SatAM but wanting to put their own spin on it and just making a lot of poor decisions. And though not that good I at least appreciate how each Sonic show is at least different from one another. Unlike Mario who had three shows who sans the characters, each one still had the exact same tone and vibe to them. Each Sonic show is actually unique so I appreciate that as it gives them all a reason for exisiting.

Which I feel is the best way to think about it: like them or hate them each Sonic show came and went and each had their own impact. So remember them but also leave room for the new show to do it's own thing without instantly comparing it to what came before or wanting it to be like say SatAM or something. Let it stand on it's own and judge it by it's own merits people. And by people I mean people like Rainbow Dash Fan

#107 Neo Ultra Mike, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  8. Rainbow Dash Fan

@Neo Ultra Mike

but you said they CAN'T work in other mediums but it's just that SEGA doesn't want it done, there's a difference between can't and won't.

and when reading the comics, you are supposed to get invested in the story and think of the characters as for lack of a better term, real people. so, it's very hard not to think about the implications of the memory plot point.

and there doesn't have to be a revival of the exact same SatAM continuity but I'd like it back in some form.

@GWOtaku

I don't know if people can just read the comics pre-reboot because they'd get into all to all the characters and storylines that just suddenly stop.

9. Neo Ultra Mike

Yes, yes there is. And if SEGA, the company that owns Sonic in every medium he appears in, be it cartoons, comics, games, toys, clothes etc, doesn't want it done, then it's not going to happen. Remember they can veto and alter ideas about the characters if they don't like the direction it's going in, and that includes banning or having certain characters not being used. So yes if they don't want it done, then it's NOT going to happen. I have to keep repeating this because you aren't getting it. And honestly remember that the show is 20 years old and the comics aren't super best sellers so how many companies and executives even outside of basic Sega even know about the properties anyway? Not quite as many as YOU may think. Since honestly besides the comic, people either wouldn't be able to use the characters because of SEGA or people not even wanting to use the characters, either not knowing about them or wanting to use something else.

Well you do know that sometimes in real life people you were close with, be they associates, friends or even family, you could spend years of your life but then for various reasons, lose all contact with and not bother really talking to again or even speaking about. Trust me I've had that expierence with friends I had: that sort of thing just happens even if it's not part of a rebooted universe so just accept it and move on man.

Yeah I know. You've made that point very clear. But again you either create your own fanon with the characters or read someone else's fanfic, view the comics, or find millions upoin millions of SatAM fans and have them give up money to convince Sega that the propety is still valuable. Because those are the only three choices you have left. And honestly thinking there is some other option is just pointless misplaced fantasy that will never happen, and those thoughts should be let go of.

10. Rainbow Dash Fan

@Neo Ultra Mike

I guess you're right.

However, your comparison about loved ones who fall out of contact doesn't work, the characters that remain were really close to the erased and they suddenly are taken away and again, don't even have an afterlife and the characters now remember all of this.

11. Neo Ultra Mike

Wow I guess if presented with enough logic and points to counter whatever you tried arguing with, even you would have to admit defeat and see your desire to see the SatAM series continue in some other form wouldn't work whatsoever.

Well I guess this is going to be more a matter of person preference. Because I can see the argument that considering if they remembered what happened before they'd know what kind of terms they were on and would fight to get them back and wouldn't just be okay with just living within this reality. However I still think it's better to have that world still exist and still be remembered (at least for now. I remember Tails saying that even he was starting to forget about "the other world" in a recent issue so they may forget on their own in time) then to total hardcore reboot it so none of the previous 250+ issues happened whatsoever. And again this is still the best they can do as they can't mention certain names and places and show anyone copyrighted so not much they can really do but talk vaguely about it. Honestly you just need to treat it as a "it happened and move on" sort of thing. Just like how you were able to get over there never being another SatAM series again.

12. Rainbow Dash Fan

well, I'm still gonna try to stir up support for my cause but the fanfiction route really is a realistic option at this point.

13. Mick

Mick Member

I agree and disagree with Sonic SatAM restarting. I'll tell ya why I disagree. First off, let's be realistic... it's not gonna happen. Second of all, it doesn't have a big huge mega ultra following like Family Guy for it to actually happen. It's too late for it to be revived. See after Family Guy got cancelled, it had such a strong following and a strong demand for it to return, it did indeed return and that's amazing. I would like to see that happen with Sonic SatAM. If billions were demanding it to return, it might have a chance of returning.

Here's why I agree. For those who saw the final episode (I'm not gonna spoil it if you haven't watched it), it was apparently going to have a third season. What exactly happened? I have no idea. I do not know. It was intended to continue. I really wish they did make season 3 and it would have been pretty gnarly. Sonic SatAM is an excellent cartoon. I'll be honest though, I like AoSTH a lot more for some reason.

14. Rainbow Dash Fan

but about Sally Acorn not working for Sonic Boom because it's a comedy, comedies need straight men types.

15. Neo Ultra Mike

Yeah but Sega's going to use the characters THEY created and are in THEIR games or new characters for the roles in Sonic Boom. And from what it seems like based on the teasers, Tails is going to be the straight man archetype for Sonic Boom. Between Sonic's ego, Knuckles's jerkiness (and hopefully not just stupidity) Eggman's eccentricty, Amy's desires and Sticks the Racoon being the new crazy out there character pretty obvious that Tails is going to be the more grounded one. Which makes sense as honestly Tails was the straight man in a lot of the more recent Sonic games at points (Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations and Sonic: Lost World) so he'll continue that here. Again Sega isn't going to use SatAm/Comic characters for a series they have control over. Which is the case with Boom.

16. Rainbow Dash Fan

[MENTION=21795]Neo Ultra Mike[/MENTION]: just saying she could still work in theory. and if they allowed it, they could use Sally for a straight man in any episodes where Tails is not present.

17. Rainbow Dash Fan

[MENTION=21795]Neo Ultra Mike[/MENTION]:

I'm still not trying to fight with you but I've heard that the characters' memories of the past timeline in the comics has completely faded. so, there is no point in doing that in the first place. and it still has horrifying implications about the loved ones erased from existence.

and if the Satam characters cannot work in other mediums, how come they did at first? and Satam may have failed in the ratings but did it fail critically or with fans?

#117 Rainbow Dash Fan, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  18. Neo Ultra Mike

Again, as I've explained at least a couple of times now which I guess you must of forgotten for whatever reason, but the whole memories thing was done more to TRANSITION to the new timeline. Remember, because of the lawsuit filed by Ken Penders they couldn't use or mention any of the characters created by him. And that fear from possible other suits also meant they didn't want to use any characters that the comic created that weren't made up by Flynn. Thus they had to have some link between the current time line they were using and the one they had before to say "yes it did exist and happen but we're doing this new one now" and the only way to do that was to use the remaining characters. Honestly the memories thing was also a way to bring together the Freedom Fighters and explain their importance and unity as a group and how it transcends the new world. And even if the memories aren't there from before, the emotions are. I admit the memories thing wasn't the best way of handling the situation but I couldn't honestly think of a better one they COULD of done if they weren't able to use even in flashback or in mention the other characters or plot points. You really have to look at the whole "Reunite The Freedom Fighters Arc" from a "forced reboot" perspective for it to honestly work and most importantly have to learn to move on. Because that was a year ago now and honestly the comic is finally starting to settle into it's new continuity... which for some reason they're looking to change again if the rumors of the next Mega Man crossover are anything to go by, but the point is it's time to move on and accept the future.

Look at the time the characters were first created they were just intended to be TV characters. And even when Archie got the rights for Sonic the Hedgehog to make comics about them, no one, even the management at Archie, expected the comic to last so long or to become so popular it still remains one of the company's main fixtures to this day. Things happen that people don't expect and the comic's popularity even long after the show's run ended was one of them. And yes with the fans and even the critic the show was a hit but you need to at least have some measure of popularity or importance to actually stick around and be remembered for more then your limited run. I mean Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates was a well loved by it's fan and Critics take on the Peter Pan characters and mythos... but sans those people it isn't really remembered or used much today. And there have been several different takes on the character since that show debuted 20 years ago but no one has talked loud enough for it to come back or even elements to be used again of it. At least with SatAM you have the characters still in the Archie Comics still retaining elements of their core personality so that's something.

Honestly Rainbow Dash Fan you need to let this go. You have serious issues honestly clinging to this past ideals that aren't really healthy. I mean come on: in less then a week Sonic Boom is about to premiere here in the U.S on Saturday mornings and that's as clear a sign as any that SonicSatAM had it's T.V run, that's over and people are accepting new takes on Sonic T.V series. You need to just be happy with what you have and stop pursuing this pointless path because really, it's not getting you anywhere and not accomplsihing anything.

19. Rainbow Dash Fan

@Neo Ultra Mike:

I have pretty much moved on and will focus on fanfiction but I just want to say these things because they still bug me enough to get it out there. and the memory fade was new information to me.

I haven't read the comics, if the memories faded, how are the Freedom Fighters stay together? and fans will still be upset that the characters they loved are gone forever. and looking at it from an in-universe perspective, there is still the horrible implications of the characters being erased.

and I'm still not sure SatAM wasn't that popular, I heard that back then, Sally had more merchandise then Sonic himself. and wouldn't the fans and critics liking it count as popularity?

and I also heard that even before Sonic Boom aired, people were starting flame wars over weather they are okay with comedy or they wanted something more like SatAM. and this was before I started up here.

#119 Rainbow Dash Fan, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  20. Neo Ultra Mike

The ot her Freedom Fighters are still together because even BEFORE they got their new memories back in this new continuity they were still freinds and still a team. There are in fact stories printed in the special reprint or Super Sonic Special that detail more of the backstory of this new continuity and in there the original FF still came together and formed a group to stop Eggman's tyranny, it just happened differently then it did in the previous continuity. So yeah again the characters and the core are still there but the situation has changed. And yeah fans are upset over the old continuity being gone, but that's the same with the DC Reboot continuity and that happened over 3 years ago. That's the thing about ANY long lasting series or franchise: sooner or later different people come into it and do different things and change what previously happened within. This is especially prevelent in comics so you can either learn to deal with it or choose to longer view the continuity. But trying to cling to the past isn't going to change anything and honestly is rather pointless in the grand scheme of things.

You know what else is horrible? Beating a dead horse. And that's what you're doing man: you're just beating it over again and again even when no live remains in it. It was the best way they could explain the situations to kid within the pages of the book and they have moved past the memories so please can you do the same?

Sally never had more merchandise then Sonic. I don't know where you heard that but those reports are 100% false. Sally has more fan art, stories and mythos build around her then Sonic but those come from other sources who aren't directly connected to Sega/Archie/DIC and thus the people who own her aren't seeing those profits. Furthermore it doesn't matter how much super fans and critics you have that like you if the general mass doesn't, especially for a children's cartoon. Again ratings and toy sales are king above everything else. And if the ratings weren't coming it doesn't matter how many critics talked about how good it was, the show was getting canned. That's the reason the comics are still around: because they still sell really well. Honestly weren't you listening when I brought up how Fox's Peter Pan and the pirates, despite having a good amount of fans and critics, isn't remembered today because it wasn't popular enough to have more then a one season run? Really you need to sell to keep around which is why the show didn't.

And again if there were 5 million people arguing about that and demanding something like Sonic SatAM back or even something just like it, Sega would listen. But at most a few hundred people arguing about a show isn't going to do anything to put the show in favor with the networks or executive studio heads.

Honestly just stick with your fanfiction and memories of the old series and stop asking these questions. Please for the love of everyone move on. No one else around here cares about these points anymore and honestly I'm getting sick of making the same points over and over and OVER again, and you still not fully grasping it and trying to wiggle out an argument that no longer has any justification behind it.