Something silly I'd like to try.

Discussion in 'Story Board Workshops' started by TheGunheart, Aug 8, 2009.

1. TheGunheart

TheGunheart Darkness and Disgrace

...Okay, I know I'm going to get some strange looks for this, but...

For some reason, as a kid it used to bother me how in cartoons and story books featuring anthropomorphic animals, they'd typically be fully clothed, with the exception of shoes. Now, I got the logic that real animals don't need shoes, but they also don't need clothes, either.

These days I personally find it actually looks cute and am almost disappointed by shod animal characters, but I keep having this really dumb idea for a short story. Namely, a parody of this design choice.

Eventually, it'd involve a town full of funny animals that don't wear shoes, but without the paw pads of iron usually associated with Richard Scarry's works.

Of course, I'm still working out how to do this without the characters simply griping about their feet the whole time.:sweat: Though I do have it in mind that the main plot involves one character's attempts to rectify the problem, possibly in contrived and inefficient ways like roads made out of rubber or personal jet packs.

#1 TheGunheart, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
  2. cartoonscartoons

cartoonscartoons I cant help it, if I'm lucky

Or they could not have any idea's what shoes are and when someone comes wearing shoes they think he is a some strange creature.