1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Something must be done

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by brickrrb2, Jun 19, 2016.

1. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Warner Brothers must do something properly reestablish their classic characters back to their original look, Feel, style and actually spend the money one the animation.

If not, All they'll be known for is milking Scooby doo and Lego.

I speak not of Nostalga. I speak of what has to be done so Warner Brothers Cartoons are as great What Disney's been churning out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Given that right now they are heavily relying on Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry for most of their animation business they really should start by reducing their role and give another franchise a bigger shot, as Disney for the most part is not so heavily reliant to one franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  3. goldenboy

goldenboy Banned

Something must be done with your shtick. Your man child act whining about today's stuff gets annoying very quickly. And I've even written a Tiny Toon movie script to see if something like that would work in today's era, not dwell on everything like what you are doing. Just find something else beyond cartoons.

4. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it annoys me how Warner prefers Tom and Jerry and Scooby-Doo over Looney Tunes nowadays. Heck, it was very obvious Warner Bros. Animation put more effort into "Scooby-Doo & KISS: Rock & Roll Mystery" than they did with "Looney Tunes: Rabbits Run." It's almost as if Warner is trying to sabotage the Looney Tunes, by not having them written by the preferred writers, not having their best animation teams (including overseas) handle them (instead giving them to their lesser-used less-capable studios like Rough Draft), and not even having the proper sound editors work on them (Monterey Post/DigiPost.TV seems to have access to the full classic Warner Bros./Looney Tunes sound effects library, while the new LT stuff is mainly edited by Advantage Audio, whom mainly just uses a small selection of Hanna-Barbera SFX for anything "comedic.") And the music used with Looney Tunes nowadays isn't very good. Andy Sturmer's "Looney Tunes Show" music was quite atonal and sparse, and Joshua Funk's "Wabbit" music sounds more like something for a preschool cartoon!

Also, comparing "The Looney Tunes Show" with its' sister series, "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated," obviously the latter was the more superior show, as it had much better writing and better animation than "The Looney Tunes Show" did, even if it was really gruesome and violent. They got their A-team talent working on "Mystery Incorporated," and not so for "The Looney Tunes Show."

If "Wabbit" used more appealing character designs, was animated by Lotto Animation or even (this is wishful thinking) in-house instead of at Rough Draft Korea and Snipple Animation, and had the sound effects editing done at DigiPost and the music written by a fitting composer (maybe even have Robert Kral do it, like when he scored "Duck Dodgers"), then it would turn out more in tune with the classics, or even many of the 90s efforts. I hope someone at Warner reads this so they can knock some sense into their production pipeline!
    If only Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone weren't sick of Looney Tunes anymore and would go beyond Tom & Jerry and the H-B franchises.

5. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I think the reason why Looney Tunes is being treated the way it is because Warner Bros. knows how popular the classic theatrical shorts were. They're perennials. For some reason, they're being shoved for their everlasting popularity and humor. Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry are classics, but they can't touch Looney Tunes (at least in my opinion.)

Anyways, it's basically what Matthew Hunter, when he used to be active stated that "Looney Tunes isn't running out of steam. Warner Bros. is snuffing it out. They're corporate and if what they develop is politically correct, then they're gonna earn a lot of money. The problem is that Warners is trying to appeal to just children and not everyone of all ages when it comes to their audiences.

6. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

I personally think the theatrical CGI cartoons were pretty good and as close they've gotten to recapturing the feel of the classic LT cartoons in decades. Theatrical shorts is probably were the LT work best, the higher budgets allow for better animation and they don't have to pad the story out to reach 20 minutes.

7. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I moved this from the WBC to the Inkwell. Remember, the Warner Bros. Club is only for "Silver Age" WB discussion, not classic cartoons.

8. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

I would love more episodes of The Looney Tunes Show, it's a really good show. Too bad Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone axed it early.

9. PideloToons

PideloToons New Member

Old cartoons are best for me.

10. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

yes, wb did put less effort into LT, but nonetheless I always love Looney Tunes. Its awesome and the new reboots are pretty good shows. I'm not a huge fan of Scooby-Doo. Tom and Jerry is awesome too. But I was wondering if WB was going to release a Happy Harmonies DVD.