1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

So what do you think of the GBA?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Vigo Sprax, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

Well, for those who haven't imported it, the GBA is available to the public. For those who have gotten it, what do you think? I found one today at my local Target (They had a ton) and even though I had originally cancelled my pre-order at another shop I just couldn't resist! I didn't get any games though, since I wanted to see I liked the hardware first. I'll be getting a game tomorrow, any recommendations? I was looking at either ChuChu Rocket or Castlevania.

2. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

Well, since I don't have one yet, I can't say!

They're out by you already??? All of our local stores are releasing them tomorrow (Wed. the 13th). I preordered one online, but if I manage to find one around here tomorrow, I'll be cancelling my preorder.

3. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

Its something about the official release was "the week of the 11th" and most stores took the liberty to say the 13th, incase of shipping delays etc... I've heard stories around the net that quite a few stores have them, but were taking the 13th date as if it were set in stone & not selling them (Probably has something to do with how Sony had a $1000 fine for those who sold the PS2 early)

I'm glad Nintendo didn't screw up like Sony, the guy at Target said they'd been selling them non-stop all day and they still had a ton in the case. I also got free headphones :)

4. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

They have indeed been released early. I went by Wal-Mart Monday and they had a ton of them.

I'm pretty darn happy with mine. I only wish that some of the games weren't so expensive... some can be up to $40.

As for games, here's my picks for cream of the crop:

Mario Advance: It doesn't add too many new things to the Super Mario Bros. 2 formula, but it's still a heck of a lot of fun.

F-Zero: Very nice racer. It takes a while to get the hang of it, though.

Castlevania: Oh my yes. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, and it looks to be every bit as big (if not bigger than) Symphony of the Night.

Tony Hawk: It's Tony Hawk.

Chu Chu Rocket: This strange puzzler isn't for everyone, but I've enjoyed it.

Games to avoid like the plague: Ready 2 Rumble (crap gameplay), Iridion 3D (beautiful, but again, the gameplay is crap), Pitfall: They Mayan Adventure (the game is confusing, and it doesn't have the original Pitfall in it!), and Army Men (you'd think after making more than 20 Army Men games in less than four years 3DO would figure out how to make them fun, but you'd be wrong).

5. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

Well, they may have been released in stores near you yesterday, but they weren't around here. Every store I went to yesterday was not selling them. They all put them out today. But, whatever. I finally got one today - picked up Mario, Castlevania, and one of the two Zelda games for the GBC. All sweet games. Also got a light, some rechargable batteres, and a free carrying case when I bought it at TRU. Now I have something to do on the plane trip to Vegas this weekend! Woo-hoo!

6. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

I picked up Chu Chu Rocket and a "Cool Look Advance" kit today. I love Chu Chu Rocket, its really enjoyable and seems to have tons of replay since its so long. In one of the menus it says something about "download" and "coming soon!", I wonder what they have in store for it?!

I wanted to get Castlevania but I only have so much money, most of the games they had at Target were on sale though - Chu Chu Rocket was $35, Mario & F-Zero $25, and some others.

Can anyone recommend a rechargeable battery that doesn't stick out of the unit? I've heard MadCats might have this...All the others stick out a BUNCH!

7. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

I'm getting my GBA for my graduation. As usual I will be getting THPS2, and maybe Castlevania. I'm going into 7th grade. Jesus tapdancing Christ, I am soooo going to be beaten up in high school. That really blows.:( But oh well.:eek: