1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[small] Photoshop problem I'd like help with

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Good Ol' Batmanuel!, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Good Ol' Batmanuel! Dressing for success?

Howdy, y'all.

I'm having a problem that I'm sure has a very easy fix, but I dunno what to do. Here's the problem:

[​IMG]

I try to make a straight line, but it makes those angular shapes instead. I must have changed a setting somewhere by mistake, but I dunno what. I'm sure one of you gurus can help me out. :)

2. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's not a tool I use too much. I've had a try to emulate your settings on the mac, but no such angles. Fingers crossed someone else can suggest the right thing to do!

3. unknown hero

unknown hero Chaos Dimension!

I usually use the pen tool to draw my straight lines, but it seems you might of applied an object pattern. When you use it, instead of giving a line, it shows a repeated object (IMO).

4. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Me too. However, I was recently forced to use the pen tool when using the line tool would've made life a lot easier. :p I'm not in a rush to get an answer, but I guess if no one here is able to figure it out, I'll try the Adobe forums.

5. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Given time someone will help you, though is you find it at the Adobe forums old bean, please let us know the answer here too!

6. Artimus Gigan

Artimus Gigan Aeris Fries

the only thing I can think of is that it messed up the custom shape and it's designs got crossed with the default rectangle shape for the line tool

go to the line box in the upper left selectit and then hit the right arrow button in the box and hit "reset tools"

7. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

That worked. Thanks! :)

I should start posting stuff here more often. I'm sure half the population doesn't even know who I am anymore, even though I've been a member over 5 years. It's just that after Magwheel stopped posting, I kinda lost interest and stopped posting so frequently myself. Now I tend to just pop my head in and see what's going on once in a while. :p

8. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Always nice to see you around here BOM. And I'm glad your question got an answer! Hope to see you here more again!