1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow motion scenes with deep/low-pitched voice

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by ChampBasket, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ChampBasket

ChampBasket New Member

Hi! I'm looking for some cartoon scenes that contain slow motion with deep voice effect.
    I've loved this trope for quite long time and trying to find scenes that I missed.
    So if you know the scene involving this trope please let me know!

Well, since there's many kind of these scenes so here's some examples.

1.Used for dramatic effect

The case where the trope is used to make some dramatic scene. Most of it used with big and long "Nooooooo".

2.Caused by magic/tech

The case slow mo is caused by magical power or power of science. Usually victims trapped in slow motion while others move like normal.

3.Character is tranquilized/high

Caused when the character is tranquilized/high. Make everything slower for him/her and sometimes they see hallucination. (The example I used isn't cartoon scene but I believe there's similar scene in cartoon world (e.g. : scene from Madagascar when protagonist gets shoot by darts.)

4.Character gains super speed and perceive others in super slow motion

Character gets super speed so every other things/people are become relatively slow.

These are some examples that I can think of right now but I think there's more cases that I missed.
    So if you know any scene contains slow motion w/ deep voice, please reply here so we can share!
    Thank you!

2. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

The only one that immediately comes to mind is in the Spanish-language version of Wacky Races* (the original show from 1968), but not the original English version. One race ends with a slow-motion replay of the racers who crossed the finish line. As the replay plays, the announcer announces the winners in a slowed down voice to match the slow motion.

*Or "Los Autos Locos" (lit. "The Crazy Cars") as it's known in this version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. EJLD4Ever

EJLD4Ever Animation Student

There was a similar thread a while back. Here is my post from said thread:
    Then there's also the ether scene in "Water, Water, Every Hare" and a slo-mo replay of a scene in one Speedy Gonzales cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChampBasket

ChampBasket New Member

Thank you for reporting these! but can I know which episode feature those scenes? If I could It would be really appreciated.
    Anyways thanks for letting me know! If you know another scenes feel free to post them here!

#4 ChampBasket, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  5. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

The Danish movie "Help! I'm a Fish" (Hjælp! Jeg er en fisk) has got a slow motion scene when Chuck tries to stop Fly from throwing his sister (now a seastar) in the ocean.

Flyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! Stoooooooooooooooop!

Also, this movie is for kids, but there is so much red blood when a shark eats a crab.

(Even though crab blood is BLUE)

• Like Like x 1
    #5 Red Arrow :D, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  6. ChampBasket

ChampBasket New Member

That's Really Nice! Thanks for letting me know. I need more of something like this!