1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Slappy Goes Walnuts" with 1995 Skippy and Slappy intro?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by wiley207, Mar 4, 2017.

1. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

As a kid, I remember watching "Animaniacs" a lot on Kids' WB. I recall some time in 1996, or maybe early 1997, when they reran the debut Slappy Squirrel episode "Slappy Goes Walnuts," instead of the original 1993 intro, it began with the longer 1995 "Skippy and Slappy" opening sequence. I know I didn't dream this, because I remember being surprised to see that episode with the later intro, after having seen it quite a few times with the original intro. I don't recall if this was a rerun in a later episode, or if they took the third episode from the first season and replaced the Slappy Squirrel intro on it.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

2. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

That was in one of the hour-long episodes.

3. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I haven't seen the episode he's talking about, but he's right. That's the only place it could have happened in. The hourlong episodes were pre-existing episodes stitched up and jumbled together.

4. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

Ah, now I seem to recall that! I remember they would mix-and-match old segments together that way. It must've been almost like a re-packaging program block of sorts.