1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by aegisrawks, May 4, 2017.

1. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

WOW! And how was it? Was this one more kid friendly and or oriented? Because I dont feel kids care about such things as tradition, they only care if the cartoons are fun. For better of worse that's what the ads should focus on if they want kids to watch.

Also Im super curious as to how did you catch it Takao, do you watch ThisTV very often?

2. moose_tracks12

moose_tracks12 Active Member

I'm really glad there's a new morning block for kids to discover or rediscover a variety of animated programming, and the fact that it'll air on various local affiliates is a really cool thing. Not all families have cable and streaming services to watch whatever they want at anytime, so it's nice that kids will have access to those cartoons for a couple hours a day on their local affiliates.

It reminds me back in the Summer of 2007 when I was 10 years old and I didn't have cable in my house for a while, and the only cartoons I had access to were on PBS Kids and Saturday mornings on Kids' WB. So I was definitely thankful that the local networks had my back during my cartoon deprivation

3. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

How will they pull kids away from Nick and CN to get them interested in this?

Plus a LOT of parents won't want their kids anywhere near this block since the company who's providing it is conservative & pro-Trump!

I just don't see this succeeding

4. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Just like no one will ever buy another Bethesda video game because his brother is on the board of directors. :rolleyes: Most people do not know and will not care as long as it doesn't effect the programming.

It was this ad, except with a narration and end card relevant to my area.

Apparently Sinclair is having some of their newscasts run previews.

Western New York doesn't have a ThisTV affiliate. WNYO is one of the select Sinclair-owned stations KidsClick will be airing on, hence the non-standard timeslot on the weekends. That channel is affliated with MyNetwork TV and I caught the promo while watching an episode of The X Files.

5. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

I see. They certainly want parents to know about this thing. I was just about to lose hope. But then I remembered this ads will most appear on news casts and so on. So it still makes sense to aim them at parents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

My local ThisTV will be airing all three hours of the Saturday and Sunday lineup at once from 7am-10am on both days. The schedule doesn't go farther than July 2nd at the moment, so I can't see if they'll be airing the weekday lineup at the same slot yet.

7. Takao

All ThisTV channels should be airing KidsClick on the national schedule. It's only the Sinclair-owned non-ThisTV stations that'll have non-standard times.

8. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Do any of you know what channel Kids Click TV would be airing in New York City? Thanks.

9. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

10. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

It's cool that they are aiming it at parents and grandparents who watch the local news in some of these markets. It looks like that's how they will pull kids away from CN and Nick, by telling adults where to change the channel to. That's not really a marketing strategy anyone else could use. I wonder if it'll work.

Also, I think Scary Larry is a new show that hasn't premiered in the US yet. I can't really find all that much information about it. So that's cool! At least for me, they've put a surprising amount of effort into this block!

One thing that might be a problem for them is ThisTV only has one feed it looks like. So this block will start on weekdays at 6 am eastern, 5 am central, 4 am mountain, and 3 am Pacific time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

This TV is broadcast, not cable. Do the affiliates really not adjust for timezones?

12. Takao

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Really interesting lineup (didn't season 2 of Max Steel never air in the US?). Nothing I'm super interested in yet, but the news that a Transformers show may air has my interest piqued. I hope this block does well enough so that it can eventually get more new shows.

14. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

• Informative Informative x 1
    #114 ToonJay723, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  15. RDG

RDG Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive

Up until now, season 2 of Max Steel 2013 was Netflix-exclusive

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Takao

Interesting thing to point out, Scary Larry is distributed by the same company that distributes Sonic Boom. Maybe they wanted the latter and because of CN had to settle for Sonic X?

17. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

If it doesn't succeed at least it tried.

18. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Upstate NY is screwed, because This, as I noted before, was dropped by Spectrum Cable, which swapped it out for another Sinclair channel, TBD. The only station in the upstate area left with This TV is in the Catskills and out of Spectrum's reach.

19. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I don't think a lot of parents are going to look deep into/research a cartoon block their kids are watching in the morning.

20. Takao

Check this list for any local channels and then look through your TV listings. In markets without a ThisTV channel, KidsClick is being carried by Sinclair's local stations. Timeslots vary, though.