1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by aegisrawks, May 4, 2017.

1. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

I think that would be a weekend show.

Great article! I think the Angry Birds and Transformers fun are the short-form shows that were previously mentioned. Angry Birds Toons and Transformers: Cyber Missions, maybe.

That website is nice too! And it features all the shows in the previous article, so maybe those will be launch shows?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Only six shows will get to be the launch shows, as the block runs for three hours.

3. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

I'm surprised to see this happening at all, I thought cartoon blocks like this were practically extinct.

I hope it does well, I don't want Saturday mornings to stay cartoon-less

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

Good point! So if I had to guess, I'd go with:

7:00 - RoboCop: The Animated Series
    7:30 - Max Steel
    8:00 - Rocket Monkeys
    8:30 - Pink Panther and Pals
    9:00 - Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir
    9:30 - Zak Storm: Space Pirate

That's just my guess though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Unless the lineup rotates on the weekends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

As for getting viewers, they could advertise the block on cable. I remember seeing ads for stuff on The CW on Nick back when they aired cartoons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Will the block air only in markets with SBG stations or will it also air in larger markets?

9. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Well, I heard that SBG gains stations at a fast pace. So I guess there soon will be an affiliate for those markets.

10. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Yeah, especially since they recently acquired stations that used to belong to other groups in recent years.

11. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

Those weekend times are not great. 5-7 am and then 1-2 pm on Saturday. And 12-3 pm on Sunday. I thought they might have a little more control over the scheduling since they own the stations.

12. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I think they still have to work with the network, though. At least on Saturday, there's One Magnificent Morning on The CW. Not sure about the other days, though.

13. superkeegan9100

I still don't know if it will air on WLFL or WRDC here in NC...

14. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

Wow...the only show that gets to be on all three days is Sonic X. I have no idea why this 14-year-old anime continues to be treated like the cream of the crop, other then "Hey, kids like Sonic, right?" But there are other Sonic cartoons...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. superkeegan9100

The official Twitter has put out the official promo, looks like it won't just be on TV.

16. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I don't like that promo at all. It seems to imply that only the parents will really be watching, which I don't really think is fair to anyone. I'm sorry. Simply put, the internet isn't the only way some viewers watch TV (let alone animated stuff)*, which is to say that some viewers are willing to watch on actual TV and not just the internet. I mean, after all, there some people regardless of age who are tired of NICK, TOON (especially TOON), and DISN (as well as DISN-XD) seemingly playing the same stuff over and over^ (not to mention tired of all the Litton stuff as well), you know (DISC-F [formerly "HUB"]^)? That's another story)? In short, I probably would have liked it better if it tried to focus equally on both the parents and the sons/daughters (if anything) without making assumptions about what (they think) some "age groups/target demographics" want to hear. I believe Wikipedia refers to this as "undue weight".

*To me, they seem to be really saying "remember when cartoons used to be on TV, before any of that 'internet' stuff? Well, now they're back, with KidsClick TV!", which, IMHO, I find to be really ignorant, and self-congratulatory. And yes, I'm well aware that they're implying that their shows will also be available for streaming, but still.

^Not that they actually do necessarily (although TOON seems to be), but you get the idea. Also, I know it's "The Hub", but I've been using program guide abbreviations...

17. superkeegan9100

That would defeat the purpose of calling it "Kids" Click.

18. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand. I wasn't referring to the shows themselves (which are obviously family/"kids" shows), I was only referring to how the block is promoting itself, which seems to assume that the parents will be the "primary" audience, based on the idea that only the parents would understand the importance and legacy of dedicated blocks with family programming (weekdays or weekends), which I don't agree with at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Maybe its my desperation to have this succeed but I have a probable explanation for the trailer being the way it is. Maybe its because its a Twitter Trailer. Of course this trailer is aimed to nostalgic adults, Twitter is mostly populated by adults. Now if the Actual TV aired trailers are as desperate to grab adults, then that would be terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. superkeegan9100

Do kids even get Twitter accounts?

• Like Like x 1