1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by aegisrawks, May 4, 2017.

1. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

This kinda reminds me of when Beavis & Butt-Head launched back in 1993. MTV didn't have enough episodes in the can, so they played what they had multiple times over a 2 week period before they realized they had a problem, and put the show on hiatus to let Mike Judge build a backlog. Once the series returned later that year, well, the rest is history.

What Sinclair is facing, though is different to a point. They probably don't have the episodes in any sort of order, something we should expect when you're launching in the summer, and you've probably got interns who haven't been fully trained who are at the controls unsupervised. Just my guess.

2. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I'd go with that.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

There is this site called Wikipedia where you can check the episode order. This shouldn't be a problem.

4. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Knowing the episode order isn't the problem. The problem is that this block has been showing episodes out of order and/or repeating episodes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Miraculous Ladybug season 2 is coming to Netflix in December. Hopefully, it'll air on TV (if not in the US, elsewhere) earlier.

6. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

They're airing Robocop episode 13 now and I know it's not a mix up because they sign-on said weekend lineup.

7. Mandouga

Uh...I'm not sure I follow. "It's not a mix up because they sign-on said weekend lineup"?

8. Takao

Sorry, I wrote that when I was half asleep. I knew they didn't mistakenly air Wednesday's lineup because the KidsClick sign-on bumper said it was the weekend schedule. They later aired the rest of Saturday's shows.

9. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Personally, I think that the chances of season 2 arriving to Kidsclick are very, but very low.

10. Mandouga

Okay, everybody, here's what I figure might be going on:

As some of you may know, the FCC requires that new syndicated programming must run for at least 13 weeks. This block, which is technically syndicated, This TV or not, is currently in it's fifth week. Unfortunately, we have only been given two weeks worth of the weekday version, the first of which is being rerun, AGAIN, and two weeks of the weekend version, one of which begins with the first two Robocop: Alpha Commando episodes (on Saturday and Sunday respectively), and one which gives up episodes 13 and 14. You see it's one of those package things, where each individual show is "programmed" into the block, resulting in a "week 1, week 2, etc." sort of thing.

Now, the way I figure it, those two weeks may be the only ones that currently exist. If they aren't trying to sabotage their own block on purpose, it's possible that talking to the original companies that distribute the shows may have taken longer than expected (they can't agree on the best terms? some episodes are exclusive to Netflix or whoever? Who knows?). It could even be some kind of "test-marketing", but that would mean they're doing it on purpose, which would also mean they're trolling everyone, possibly without meaning to, but this is not likely, at least IMO. Also unlikely, is the possibility of a major relaunch that another previous post mentioned, though it is certainly possible

On the other hand, we may have to consider the worst case scenario; namely, that Sinclair (or whoever) may have had second thoughts and are simply waiting out the 13 weeks before the pulling the block altogether. I personally hope this isn't the case, but we'll definitely see by September 30th at least (assuming of course, it's still on by then, which I hope it will be).

On a related note, while their Twitter is totally inactive, their Facebook page was updated with a post about Miraculous Ladybug at the San Diego Comic-Con, but that's it. Additionally, one Facebook member gave a (rightfully) negative review, and while KidsClick did respond to it, it was unfortunately a form response that gave no helpful information, and basically said "we hope you change your review". To be exact, here is their exact response to the negative review they were given:

This is exactly as it appears on the page. Basically, as I kind of expected, they're pretending as though the problems don't even exist. Again though, it is my opinion that we'll likely find out by at least September 30th (but don't quote me on that).

11. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Again, I reference what I wrote before in re.: Beavis & Butt-Head and that series' early struggles in 1993 at MTV. Sinclair doesn't have all the episodes they were supposed to have, it seems, and are struggling to keep the block afloat. They rushed the block, and should've waited, honestly, until September, which would give them more time to get the shows they need in place.

• Like Like x 1
  12. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Ruby Gloom Fan

Well I hope KidsClick is successful, otherwise the whole purpose of the block will be defeated.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I agree.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

I haven't watched [or even had the motivation to watch] the KidsClick block since last week, but thanks to the feedback I've read here (and the fact that I lost interest thanks of it), I see no reason at all to--at least until next month (September) when Sinclair likely (hopefully) have their act together.

And I mean this in a good, not negative or furious way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Ruby Gloom Fan

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. Mandouga

...which means that, along with Sonic X, it was probably taken off the lineup before it even premiered because of some kind of legal problems or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I wouldn't necessarily say the same for Sonic X considering it still likely has a chance to air knowing It's history around most blocks like these.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Takao

It's not uncommon for shows in France to go from cable channel -> free channel -> streaming VOD or some slight variation of it. I'm not saying this will be the case with Zak Storm because I don't know, but Miraculous went from Nick -> Netflix -> Kidsclick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Takao

Anyone notice a change in sign-ons? Originally, they ran this:

But now, the block either cuts directly to RoboCop or a the stock general KidsClick promo. Is that just WNYO being WNYO or are you guys also seeing this change? Could be because of the lack of Sonic X on the schedule.

Oh and by the way, I saw a promo celebrating Family Fun Month, so it seems they're not against time sensitive themed branding. I've also noticed some commercials for non-kids products, like a make up mirror. Hopefully they can finally settle the block down and get to a regular run soon.

20. Mandouga

It's happening on the This TV network as well, but what does Sonic X have to do with anything (other than being taken off the lineup before KidsClick premiered)?

• Agree Agree x 1