1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Sinclair To Launch 'KidsClick' Multiplatform Programming Block For Children

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by aegisrawks, May 4, 2017.

1. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

I identified the local affiliate. Spectrum Cable dropped This TV a few months back in favor of another Sinclair channel. WCWN has to break up the block for news at 6:30 am.

2. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Whoops, completely missed that you mentioned the station's name. Sorry.

Anyone watching it on This TV able to clarify if they've experienced the same issues?

3. Sunnydee

Sunnydee Member

I checked ThisTV for a second and I saw that Max Steel had replaced Super 4. So I think the same issues were happening over there.

This is rough. I didn't realize it was so complicated to put together a block like this. Frankly, everyone else makes broadcasting shows in the correct time slot and not repeating segments look rather easy.

As for Max Steel, I think airing season 2 instead of season 1 sends a message about how this block is looking for new shows and isn't planning on airing reruns when its avoidable. At least I hope so. That being said, I'm really looking forward to watching Transformers: Prime reruns again. :)

4. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Complicated? It can't be THAT complicated. Yeah, yeah, "programming is subject to change", and all that, but not like this. Surely, it's not complicated for a show to both start on time, and to finish before going to the next one (oh, and to show the closing credits each time). I mean, you can't just start a show at whenever time, you know? You also just can't broadcast one show then suddenly go to another. It's not like when NBC suddenly went to Heidi instead of showing the rest of that one football game back in 1968 (I understand that was a problem with the technology of the time). This is totally different. Sure, some people may be confused, but I'm pretty certain that there are others who know better.

I'm going to assume (for now) that they're not trying to sabotage their own block (and I certainly don't think they're trying to troll the viewers; that would flat out be totally unprofessional), so it's possible...repeat: possible that the people in charge of the block may not really know what they're doing. Another possibility (unlikely, IMO, but still possible) is that the people running the block may be in a position where the "higher ups" could suddenly demand last minute changes while one or more shows are airing. I certainly don't think that this block is just a publicity stunt to make the streaming services (or even the cable networks) look good. That would be the worst thing ever. One thing is certain, there's just no (real) excuse.

Look, everyone. If this keeps up, we may have to start getting answers for why this is happening.

5. Takao

I don't think there's any grand conspiracy. Sonic X is probably getting saved for when they have more than just Chuck E. Cheese as an advertiser. The episode screw up is someone not double checking their work.

6. hobbyfan

Then, why don't they just make some sort of note on their website so folks will know why there are late changes to the schedule right at the start. The public does have a right to know, of course.

7. Takao

The website and the Facebook page only posted the correct schedule (excluding today's error). You're not wrong, though. They certainly could've told people Sonic X was getting pushed back. The local stations, the This TV online schedule, and the promos make you think it would've been a day-1 series.

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I understand that the block is new, and that mistakes are bound to happen, but it's also the kind of bad publicity a young block really doesn't need.

9. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Call me silly or something like that but I would love to see some ratings. I know its silly to expect them, but I still would like to ask someone like Son of The Bronx for them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

In light of my earlier comment I was wrong it isn't available in Keye the Sinclair affiliated channel here in Austin instead in KCWX, though until today I have never heard of this channel.

11. Mandouga

This is ridiculous. There's just no excuse! They're showing Justice Reborn Part 1 (which they showed yesterday) AGAIN!

Something is going on over there, but regardless of what it is, if they don't get their act together soon, well, I think some of you out there know where I'm going with this...

12. Takao

Weird, WNYO ran Justice Reborn Part 2. I was even surprised when the villains hid in Windsor, Ontario.

However, right now, they're running Super 4... I get the sense I'm getting Sunday's lineup again.

... and Super 4 just pulled an Angry Birds. The episode ended, went to a black screen, then a few promos and returned to the b plot of the episode that just aired. At 7:13AM, Pac-Man starts. 7:36 sees Scary Larry. Sunday's lineup it is.

Someone I know that's looked up the schedule says next week appears to have all the same episodes as this one. Maybe this is their trial run and next week we get a block that isn't falling apart?

#192 Takao, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  13. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I started watching at 7:10. I saw Angry Birds and Miraculous Ladybug is on now. But the schedule says they were suppose to air Evilustrator, but The Bubbler is airing instead.

I guess the local station are screwing things up. The only bad thing ThisTV is doing, as far as I know, is the episodes they air are different from the ones they have on their guide.

#193 ToonJay723, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  14. Mandouga

Again, that's not an excuse. I admittedly don't know that much about what goes on in a TV station or network, but I'm pretty sure that any and all trials are supposed to be taken care of (i.e., within the station or network, I'm guessing) before a block like this is supposed to even premiere. Any kind of "trial run" while actually airing the block would be completely unprofessional.

15. hobbyfan

Definitely seems like a Sunday schedule, as Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures aired at 8:30 (ET) in Albany instead of Super 4. Their mistake was not getting the correct information out in a timely manner. If they intended to have the Sunday shows run today as well, since it's a holiday, they should've posted that list instead of trying to do the weekday schedule. Launching the block on a holiday weekend shouldn't have failed, but it did.

16. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

The issues just seem to be with the local stations. ThisTV is airing them without issue. This is what I saw this morning.

7:00 - Angry Birds
    7:30 - Miraculous Ladybug (The Bubbler)
    8:00 - Rocket Monkeys (Monkey-Itis / Deep Space Disco)
    8:30 - Super 4 (The Cleaner)

Kids Click should tell the local stations to air their programming block properly, or find some other station who will.

17. Takao

Anyone else notice their Max Steel promo cards are using the wrong logo? They're airing season 2, but the KidsClick branding uses Max Steel: Team Turbo - Fusion Tek, which appears to be some TV movie??? Apparently those movies were aired as two separate TV episodes, so maybe that's how they'll run on KidsClick?

Here are most of the show promos (missing RoboCop):

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mandouga

So for Robocop: Alpha Commando, they finally aired part three of Justice Reborn. I sincerely hope that this is a sign of improvement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Takao

Knock on wood, but yeah, it seems they've finally overcome the issues they had. Correct lineup, showtimes and end credits today.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mandouga

So, this past Saturday, they decided to pretend as though the previous week never happened. I had hoped this would be a sign of improvement. Unfortunately, today is literally a repeat of last week, with among other things, the Miraculous episode "The Bubbler" being shown instead of the scheduled episode "Stormy Weather" (though, I have yet to see any shows starting late, but we'll see). Now, The Bubbler was the first broadcast episode (with Stormy Weather being the first produced episode), but even with them suddenly deciding that The Bubbler was the "first episode", you can't just say you're going to show one episode then show another, and no, the "programming subject to change" explanation isn't going to cut it this time.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but the possibility of them sabotaging their own block on purpose has now gotten bigger; just slightly though, but bigger nonetheless.

• Informative Informative x 1