1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Since Looney Tunes Is Obviously Here To Stay, Isn't It About Time CN/Boom Start Airing More Shorts?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Mr Flintstone, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Patient Porky was actually shown in Black and White as a Time-Filler short after an episode of the Powerpuff Girls back in 2011 or 2012 if I recall. I'm surprised they're re-airing it though.

2. Looney Turtles

Looney Turtles Active Member

Has any other black and white shorts ever aired as filler on Boomerang? Also, when they aired "Patient Porky" earlier, they actually aired the color version.

3. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

I'm not sure this counts as an LT shorts no one's seen but today, Goldimouse and the Three Cats just aired on Boomerang.

4. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

Nope, Patient Porky was the only B&W short aired (and it did air in Black and White when it was a time-filler short, so it surprises me that the colorized version played).

5. classictoonami

gosh i love looney tunes how many have aired since the last june bugs marathon i saw in 2000 and since boomerang aired as block and channel

6. classictoonami

any chance june bugs marathon will happen again on boomerang this time?

7. Alonso Torrejon

Yesterday, I saw "Mice Follies". I'm sure that counts as a never before seen LT short.

8. Looney Turtles

Yeah, I haven't seen "Mice Follies" airing at all, until just the other day. I have seen the other two shorts with the Honey Mousers a few times though. It seems they are slowly adding new to rotation shorts after all.

9. looneytunesrocks

Maybe once the rebrand happens they show even more less seen shorts along with pre-48 looney tunes.

10. classictoonami

was mice follies a pre-48 toon

11. Eric B

Eric B Active Member

No.

12. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I hope they do too, I'm sick of seeing the same shorts over and over again, especially when they're in a different order one week, then in the same order the other.

13. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

It's from 1960, to be more accurate.

14. Looney Turtles

They already do air a select few pre-1948 shorts regularly. But speaking of which, they actually just aired "Boston Quackie" two days in a row this week. But yeah, maybe things will change with the rebrand.

15. Alonso Torrejon

I'm just disappointed that Boomerang always shows the PAL distorted versions of LT shorts like Rabbit Seasoning. Again I ask this: When will be the day I see the LT shorts with the restored pitch?

As for the shorts, there's no telling when we'll see the ones we haven't seen in a while.

16. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

Would it kill for them to show The Heckling Hare, A Corny Concerto, among others? But on the bright side, they are gonna show Blooper Bunny tomorrow.

What's the big deal over them using PAL masters? I don't mind, they aren't bad quality.

17. Martin Juneau

Martin Juneau Cartoon/comic-artist

I having a fondness for speed-up/PAL masters as a kid mostly because i have seen this localizations Looney Tunes Video Show tapes for a longtime and memorizing the shorts we having by heart. Of course, i like the NTSC audio better but even the PAL Audio from most Looney Tunes cartoons never make me much on a headache as from the MGM Tom & Jerry's.

18. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

True. But it isn't good enough in my opinion. I mean, why couldn't they just air edited shorts of "Hare Ribbin" and "Curtain Razor", for instance, like they've done in the past? I mean, not every single Looney Tunes short has to be different, but the least they can do is throw in a couple of LT/MM shorts that we haven't since 2007 and before. I mean what's the point of Looney Tunes airing on Boomerang other than the fact that you're a really big fan of it? I don't understand that.... People were excited for Looney Tunes at first, because just like me, they were expecting different shorts like the ones in the past. In my opinion, the LT/MM shorts don't have to be the one-shot shorts. I just want them to air more shorts of characters in their bumpers for Boomerang, along with those bumpers, like Daffy and Bugs, for instance. I mean, c'mon! We've seen the same shorts more than 1,000,000 times already! However, I'll still watch Looney Tunes religiously! I think that there are couple of reasons as to why we're only seeing the same portion of Looney Tunes shorts. Political Correctness and the Cartoon Network Ads and Commercials. They've swept Looney Tunes under the rug more times than Tom and Jerry. I like Tom and Jerry too but my fondness memories are with the Looney Tunes.

19. Looney Turtles

Well, at least several of the shorts that don't air on Boomerang are available on DVD and Blu-Ray. I actually just got the Looney Tunes Golden Collection 3 from Amazon the other day, and it has already arrived. I also ordered Golden Collection 2, but that hasn't arrived yet. I'll also be getting Platinum Collection 3 on Blu-Ray when that comes out. But having more shorts on Boomerang would still be nice for those who don't buy the DVDs or Blu-Rays.

20. Humble Bee

Humble Bee Guest

Hey guys.

Does anyone know the song that is played when Bugs and Daffy are on the dance floor in The Looney Tunes show Season 1 Episode 6 The Reunion episode?

The Looney Tunes Show: Everybody Dance - YouTube

The link shows the scene, and its not listed on Merrie Melodies either. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know. Much Obliged.