1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

SilverKnight's Gallery of Crap v2.0

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by SilverKnight, May 20, 2003.

1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

With the hand problems I've had, I've not moved to my tablet more. It's a little harder to get used to when you are used to the learned speed of mouse and keyboard, but I've been working on a Beano submission and it looks as good as my work on mouse IMO. Good on you. Welcome to the club.

Who is the lady in the background? It's not Aeris is it? I can just picture you finding a way of crossing genres. In fact, I'm surprised Sephiroth isn't there. I guess he's in the car...

Looks great. Unusual to see emulation of tonal background with cell shading. People don't often go that extra mile. Glad you did!

2. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Hah! I knew if anyone could spot it, it would be you. :D In full truth, it's not really Aeris exactly, but I couldn't resist slipping a little easter egg in there to see if anyone would be observent (read: obsessed) enough to pick up on it. And no, Sephiroth is not in the car. The BB equivalent to a purple Chevy Impala isn't befitting for a God/General/hottie of his stature. I'll have to remember to stick him in somewhere later on, though, just to [strike]piss you off[/strike] [strike]drive you nuts[/strike] see if you'll notice also. :p

And thank you all for the comments. I got a slight Matrix vibe too, what with the all black, but in honesty, Batman coined that style long before Neo beat down a bunch of people, so you should be watching Matrix going "Batmaaaaan". ;)

Oh, and backgrounds by and large are the spawn of Satan. Just to let ya know. >stabs it<

3. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

As your guinea pig, I think this is fantastic. I saw it from beginning to end. As I've said before, I've seen a lot of drawings with snow that just look like the artist forgot to color bits of it in -- this isn't one of them. Love the mood and the "easter egg" SJJ pointed out. Very reminiscent of Keaton in the first Burton film. This really does look like a shot of out an episode. Fantastic job.

4. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

Wow...SK. Your hard work is evident in this piece. Lovely. I love the moody tones of simple black and white. Interesting how the red of the rose is very vivid.

Lovely work.

5. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the reason it's obvious to me is because it's the mindset I have when I do a fun pic - always looking to make room for a cameo. :)

6. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Someone standing in a graveyard on Christmas Eve is a fun pic?

Dude, you are so messed up. :p

>bows to GS and Phantasm< Thankee much. :)

7. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Oh holy crap.

Despite me being totally mortified that I even drew this, much less showing it to others, I'm trying to be as professional about this as possible.

Be warned, if you're not a fan of AeriSeph, or, y'know, smooching, yeah, look away right now.

[​IMG]

So...yeah. Spent 14 hours on this bastard, and several hours beforehand trying to get the perspective and angle right. Having never kissed anyone, I'm only going on observations from movies and the like, so I can't say how accurate or 'real' it feels, but eh, whatever. Colors aren't my best, but they get the job done all the same.

>buries herself<

So much for being professional.

8. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

wow...You caputured emotion very well in this one. Love the little details here and there too. Very evocative sensual piece as a whole.

9. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

I love their smoochie smoochie expression on their faces! Aeris shading is beautifuly done! I so love this couple! The shading, colors, drawing is simply FANTASTIC! Well done and please never cease to draw!

10. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

You are scary. You need help. I won't pay, but I won't spread gossip either.

Such sacrilegious visuals. You'll get your come uppance in the next life I tell you.

I like the gloves. Getting that shiny naughty leather effect on Sephy's glove has really paid off. Nice hand indeed.

Any quibbles? Aeries neck is a little off the mark but overall it's another very stunning piece. Seriously catches the eye... and the stomach.

Great work.

11. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Love you too, man. :p

Hm, yeah, I couldn't quite get it to look quite right, and after spending several hours on it, I gave up and finished it as is.

'Naughty leather' indeed. You know you love it. ;)