1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

SilverKnight's Gallery of Crap v2.0

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by SilverKnight, May 20, 2003.

1. Rune

Rune off(world) model

Haven't been able to check this thread out for a while SK so it's great to see new stuff from you. I LOVE that pic that was originally going to be your wall paper submission, have to say you did the right thing too I think, it deserves to be seen in all it's full-sized glory :)

2. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

A little help from you guys, if you could.

I wanna draw something. Really, really badly. With the upcoming JLU episode "Epilogue" about to air within a few days, I want to draw something involving Batman Beyond in some fashion, but I can't really think of any kind of particularly badass pose/action/whatever to try out. Any ideas? >bribes everybody with cookies<

Yes, I am that bored.

Edit: Nevermind. I drew something.

[​IMG]

I've sketched at least five different variations of this one pose over the course of two years or so, and I've never really liked any of them. I actually sorta kinda like this one, though it's obviously still rough around the edges and has a few errors that I need to fix. Eventually, I might consider inking it if I get bored again.

Blarg. >disappears<

#342 SilverKnight, Jul 19, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2005
  3. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

You've done some very spectacular work. Keep it up.:)

4. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Boredom rocks.

[​IMG]

While bored and waiting for something on FFXI, I whipped out my drawing pad and sketched this out in about ten minutes or so with a blue colored pencil. After I had logged out, I just went back and sketched over it with a pencil, fixing a small error here and there. Granted, it's no great feat, but hey, it's ten minutes, so yay for drawing! :D >hands everybody cookies<

5. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

Neat.:) Excellent pose. Very sowrd-fightery. Keep up the good work.

6. Mary_mari

Mary_mari SQUEE!

The FFXI drawing is great! It's so cheery and cute, you did a wonderful job on his positioning. And you should certainly ink the batman drawing, it would really bring out his pose better (which is, again, excellent).

No surprise, this is nice work*

7. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Yay boredom.

[​IMG]

I sketched in about 45 minutes, inked it in around ten using a brush pen (fun fun >twitch<), and colored it in probably an hour or so with good old fashioned colored pencils, because I already had several coloring projects of mine on the table as it stands. Besides, I liked Max. People gave her too much flack, methinks, but alas, nobody really gives a crap about my opinion, so whatever. :)

8. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Wow, do people really hate Max that much? :(

Oh, and HA! The background's finally up, so I can show off my piccage for it!

[​IMG]

This was the original version, which I editted heavily via Photoshop to give it a more animated feel. I also switched it around because had I left it the other way, the foreleg would have been in black and I didn't want to lose the detail. All in all, I like it. :D

9. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Max is very interesting! We need to see more DCAU characters drawn as people.

I love the Harley. Seriously, it's perfect! I can't find a quibble with technique there. Really good finish! Looks good on the background too!

10. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

Some good work here, SK. Harley is great and spot on to boot! Max and the rest of the BB stuff is good (I like the more realistic take on Max). My fav out of these is the Sword guy for two reasons that stand out: First, the pose is very fluid and dynamic, not stiff, and second, I get the impression that you had a lot of fun with this one.
    Great work as always!

11. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

i'm sorry i didn't comment on max before! please forgive me! :crying:

with that out of the way, i agree with your decision to flip harley from left to right. your detail drawing has always been great and it is evident in this drawing. max is very good looking, too although i never agreed with her choice of hair color :p

12. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Well, finally, after six months, I updated my site: SilverKnight's Sanctuary and to commemorate the pitiful update, I have drawn piccage! :D

[​IMG]

I know, he doesn't really look like Terry, but then I wasn't really aiming to draw Terry; it only sorta turned into him halfway through the sketch. Pose is a bit odd, I guess, and the chair's terrible looking, what you can see of it, but props suck anyway. :anime: >hands everybody cookies and disappears<

13. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

This is good SK! I'm loving the shading of the hair and body.Only...his head seems to look a tad bit smaller than the rest of him...maybe some details on his jacket and face would have helped bring more life to it too...

The black shirt along with the intricate details of it grab all the attention from the very vaguely rendered rest of him...maybe giving all of him the same amount of detail will even it out.:)

14. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

I believe we have different inking styles, Phantasm. I fail to see how I could "add detail to his jacket and face" anywhere without making the entire picture too dark. Most lineart in comics will leave non-black areas fairly stark in terms of shading, so the colorists can fill in the gaps with only a minimal amount of interference. Coloring around someone's shadows and crosshatching is a pain, and the less extraneous black to muck up the picture, the better. Unless you're going for a really dark, ambient picture, that is.

Furthermore, the shirt looking more intricate is probably a trick of the eye. I actually put less effort into shading the shirt than I did to add some shading to the jacket and face. The only reason his shirt appears more detailed than everything else is because it's black with white highlights. In lineart, anything that's black with white highlights is bound to appear more refined than other areas, namely because: 1) on a white sheet of paper, a big patch of black will draw the eye more easily, and 2) crosshatching to black provides a more even and subtle shade than crosshatching on plain white. I suppose it's possible that I could add more details to the face and jacket, but I've made the mistake of overshading on pics such as this before, because, as you said, it looks "very vaguely rendered", whatever that means, and by adding that extra shading, it threw off everything else. I don't intend to make the same mistake again. If that means the jacket and face looking rather spartan in comparison to the shirt, so be it. :anime:

But you're right about the head. It is kinda shrimpy lookin'. Gotta work on that. Thanks for the critiques.

Edit: Wow, that came out *****y. That's the last time I write a reply after staying up thirty hours. :sweat:

#354 SilverKnight, Sep 18, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2005
  15. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

Very nice there, SK! The linework is great and the inks for the hair and shirt are awesome. The pose is natural looking, so major Twinkie points there!

Could be me, but I think that his neck is too long which in turn makes the head look a tad bit small.

Awesome as always, SK!

16. Mary_mari

Mary_mari SQUEE!

Oh, beautiful inking! I love the shading in that last drawing alot--it looks so crisp* His hair is spectacularly coloured (the highligting job you did is first rate, yo~) And the angle is great; everything stays in perspective.

Excellent drawing, SilveKnight! And happy birthday*

17. Kazuya

Kazuya Member

Great artwork silverknight. I really love your final fantasy art,, More please.:)

18. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

>dances happily<

I got a tablet! I got a tab-let! Hee!

[​IMG]

It's a very quick and rough sketch I drew via Photoshop to get used to the feel of my brand spankin' new tablet. >huggles it< It's not too great, but who cares? I have a tablet now! >breakdances<

...No more sugar for me.

Edit: Ooh! Finally finished this piccy after three days of messing with it! :D

[​IMG]

"Heh. Merry Christmas, Dad."

I tried to make it look as authentic as possible to the show (even going so far as to use the 4:3 full screen ratio), and though I don't think I managed to duplicate BB's background style, I think it looks pretty nifty all the same.

>continues to huggle her tablet<

19. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

Nice work on these drawing, SK. The Terry visiting the grave pic is touching and something I could see him doing. The Harley one's cute, too.:anime: Keep up the good work.:)

20. klammed

klammed the fool.

I love the Terry one, though I admit I went all "MAtriiiixxxx..." when I saw it.

Nice sketch too.