1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

SilverKnight's Gallery of Crap v2.0

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by SilverKnight, May 20, 2003.

1. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Thankee guys. I appreciate all the comments. :D >hands everybody cookies<

[​IMG]

I sketched this out a few weeks ago, but only started inking it last night after watching that new trailer for FFVII: AC. It has its fair share of problems, I know, but I intend to color it...sooner or later... >disappears< :anime:

Oh, and by the way? Inking sucks.

2. Mary_mari

Mary_mari SQUEE!

Oh, wow. As I was reading your post, a tiny voice inside whined, "I like inking~!" And then the picture loaded and...yeah. That honestly would be a bugger to ink* But, you did another beautifully spectacular job. His hair is gorgeous and there is amazing detail in his clothing. I hope you don't stay hidden forever; seeing this coloured would be fantagnificent, indeed^^

3. Phantasm

Phantasm Bittersweet Symphony.

This is a lovely piece you got here SK. Amazing in every sense of the word. I admire your inking sills.Such great detail and I'm loving the feeling of fluid movement that it seems to present.

Very impressive.

4. shawn739

shawn739 Member

you just keep getting better at your art work. i love your work man

5. Rune

Rune off(world) model

Ohhh SK, the inking does not suck, I love the shadows on his face and the sheen on his coat. Give yourself some credit - that's an order! :p

I could look at your stuff all day you know :)

6. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

First of all, your inking is good. The peice has a lot of mood/atmosphere going on and you capture that very well, not to mention that the clothes feel like clothes and not like steel or rock (if that made any sense). I like the difference in textures you used for various peices of the costume, cloth looks and feel organic, whereas the shoulder pads are harsh and cold. Nicely done.
    But the hilt... :p

Major Twinkie points from this TZ'er!

7. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Okay, Bic was correct. FFXI does suck out your soul. :crying: :D

[​IMG]

This was to be my original submission to the DB ASJ wallpaper thingy, but after looking through a few hours ago, I read SJJ's comment about them being resized to about 100 pixels and summarily decided this was waaaaay too big to be a part of said background. So instead I whipped something else up that you'll (hopefully) see in a couple of weeks. >thumbs up< As for this pic itself, it's...well, I guess more lively than my usual fare, but eh, I have a deep-seeded hatred for pretty much all of my work, so I can't tell if I'm being objective anymore or not...

Anyway. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to pass out from sleep deprivation. Stupid FFXI and stupid crafting...>mutters and walks away<

8. guinaevere

guinaevere agent provocateur

Glad you got it working, despite fees and all that. =D

Oh, and beautiful work as always.

9. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

it's a very nice drawing and i'm sure you spent a lot of quality hours on it. too bad reducing it to 100x100 would absolutely ruin the detail though :( can't wait to see what you're submitting in its place though!

good work, sk! *gives sk a peanut butter/riece's pieces cookie*

hope you're not allergic to peanuts

Falcon

10. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Edit: Eh. Screw it. Nothing worth seeing here. >shooes everyone away<

#330 SilverKnight, Jun 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2005
  11. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

I have to say I'm impressed by the last but one pic you posted, the style is very loose and there's a great dynamic to the character's pose. Great job there.

As for the new comic you just posted, to be frank I found it a bit difficult to follow, as the storytelling isn't clear in some areas. In the second panel, for instance, the silhouettes of the successive Launchpads are hard to read, which makes the panel lose its fluidity. Overall the figure work, even in page one, is a bit lacking. I don't know how much you want me me to go into crits, since, as you said, it's an old job, so I'll stop here, and add this comic's still a fun ride ;)

12. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Hrmph. It's great to wake up to that. Or, it's great that I would've waken up to that, if I could actually manage more than two hours of friggin' sleep a night.

So. Difficult to follow? Fine. It went bye-bye. Thanks. :)

13. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

Did you erase it because I said it was a bit hard to follow?? It was a really neat comic experience, nicely paced and plain fun for Launchpad lovers... so nothing to be ashamed of! I only mentioned a couple of crits to help you work on some of your weaknesses, as I tend to think the only to make progress is to hear about one's weaknesses. Hope you didn't take this the wrong way, and... I wouldn't mind a cookie or two ;)

14. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

First of all, Brush Lass is awesome! The clothing and details are very well done, and her expression is great. Wow, and you even drew some toes, you are truly brave indeed! Her thumb seems a tad large, but that's probably just me.

Secondly, do you dream of chocobo's frolicking around in your sleep? If so, then FFXI owns you. :anime:

15. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

Now, I don't post a great deal here, but I drop by and lurk regularly an' there's an elite number of posters here who's work I check whenever new stuff is posted - and SK's one of 'em.

What I love about this ongoing thread is how the work has moved on - SK has developed from posting artwork that was always good, with occasional flashes of brilliance, to being consistantly brilliant.

Brush girl is a case in point - dynamic, anatomically spot on, cheeky and humouress. Also, it's got that spontanious feel to it that I love/envy, in that it just looks like SK's sat down with a pen and a blank sheet of paper and just knocked that out in about ten minutes. Lovely... :)

16. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Yeah, I kinda did, actually. :eek: Hadn't meant to get pissy, and I do appreciate the crits, but three hours of sleep a night (if I sleep at all) doesn't exactly do wonders for one's mood. :sad: >gives Sal a cookie<

Hands are evil. Evil I say. :anime:

No, but once I saw a fire hydrant out of the corner of my eye and for a split second thought it was a Tarutaru in that red RSE gear of his. :D I was very tired, by the way.

>blush< Thank you. >hands Frozen cookies<

Actually, not to gloat, but that really isn't too far from the truth. Though it was more like two hours than ten minutes. I'm trying to color it, but...pain. >eye twitches<

>hands everybody cookies and disappears<

17. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Ill have to agree with Frosty... Your work the past six months to a year has gotten tremendously better. I think the last few pics are a testiment to that. :)

Good work, SK! :)

18. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I really appreciate it.

[​IMG]

Okay, so I watched Epilogue and thought it rocked. Got bored/inspired, and sketched this out in maybe a half hour or so. I realize it's a bit off, and it's drawn in a different style so it doesn't look exactly like Terry, but eh, whatever. >shrugs and disappears<

19. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

at first glance, i thought it was clark kent from "smallville" :sweat:

you continue to amaze and impress, s. knight. i hope you do more "batman beyond" pieces!

Falcon

20. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

Really? Not sure if this counts as a spoiler for Epilogue, but I'll put it in tags regardless:

Tom Welling has that same kind of face that I think Terry might have. >shrugs< I think it's the cleft in the chin, personally. :D

Thankee. >gives BF cookies<