1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by TimTwoFace, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Flash

The Flash Fastest Man Alive

I will get mine done by tonight, I will get mine done by tonight, I will get mine done by tonight, I will get mine done by tonight, I will get mine done by tonight... hey, if I keep telling myself that, maybe I will. :D

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

Bic, I think we'd have to put your question about tweaking pics to SJJ. He's the one that is handling the assembly of this gargantuan ASJ (biggest yet!). I would suggest not confusing things and resubmitting your pics - if you were comfortable enough with it when you submitted it the first time, it's probably plenty good already. But again, we should wait for SJJ's input on this one.

-Tim

3. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree. All have been great so far. I don't think any need resending. If I need something different - say in size - I'll ask.

How many left?

4. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Good Ol' Batmanuel! Dressing for success?

Yeah, that's reasonable. I'm sure all of us aren't 100% satisfied with at least something in our drawings. Besides, the "tweaked" versions can be posted later with an explanation along with them.

5. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Remember they'll be smaller as well, so any tiny errors will be less easy to spot...

6. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

EXTENDED DEADLINE? Here I was coming to tell everyone what a low life promise breaking procrastinating bum I was and here I've got three whole days to finish it! Note I may use other character, I am having a HECK of a time getting Oracle to look right, I swear I can't get her right for ANYTHING. So I may switch to other characters but believe me, I'll check the list and maybe PM SJJ to see if they'ev been used. I will say thsi, I'm having some scanner problems, someone needs to be ready to fill in for me. I'm going to keep working at my scanner and if I can't get it working by midafternoon of the 28 I'll give my letter up for auction.

7. TimTwoFace

*POKES HEAD IN*

So...is anyone still not started theirs? Speak now, or forever hold your piece until you choose to speak again. :p

-Tim

8. Tallaid

Tallaid Deep in intergalactic battle

Hmm I'm gonna be in Colorodo when that due date hit's. I'm leaving tomorrow and was planning on finishing up on the plane. i won't be back until monay though. that's not too late is it, if not ya'll can always stick a normal comma in my place, though I hope it doesn't come to that.

9. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

Extended deadline! :eek: Now I'm mad. I spent the weekend working on that instead of the reports I had to do for school! :mad:
    Oh well, :D I finished them anyway. I had some luck. ;)

10. The Flash

The Flash Fastest Man Alive

Extended Deadline??

Agh! You mean... I stayed up until 2AM last night for no reason? SJJ, you're fired from DKA! And so what if it wasn't a paying job! :p

;) Seriously, to those that still need to submit. Please get it done before the current deadline. We're all waitin' on ya... :) I wanna see this thing! Gunna be huge.

11. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

DARN MY SCANNER! *must resist urge to use strong language, muuuust* My entry is done but.......my scanner won't scan. CURSE YOU SCANNER!

I guess my entry is up for grabs unless by an act of God my scanner starts working. I hate to drop the ball so to speak so late but gee, how did I know my scanner was going to go out? I'm really sorry guys and will keep working on it but for now......

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET MOVING ON MY REPLACEMENT!

12. Dee

Dee What?

have you tried reinstalling it?

13. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

It is a paying job. I own your soul. Well, not since I've been fired...

Right I need someone with a kind heart to tally up those who have pulled out and who is replacing them.

I have
    Amazing Spidey - T
    Comixboy - H
    Zoddman - T
    Flash - E
    Kylewayne - E
    Outlander - M
    Rune - Y
    Tim - M
    Good Ol' Batmanuel - M
    AlienFirst - O
    Metadream - I
    Bic - I
    Mekairinek - I
    Pyro - R
    Delia - U
    Wriggle - N

Correct me if I'm wrong, or have missed someone out..

14. Rune

Rune off(world) model

I've been called many things but kind is never among them, nevertheless ... :D

From what I can gather from going back through the threads, this is the situation as of 'now' ie you seem you have 16 out of the 23 entries. The ones that are missing I've put in bold

H - Comixboy / Spidey2099
    O - Alienfirst (coloured by Delia)
    T - Zoddmann

T - Amazing Spidey
    I - Metadream
    M - TimTwoFace
    E - The Flash
    , - Tallaid

S - Barb Gordon
    U - Spikeo4 - replaced by Delia
    M - Good ol' Batmanuel
    M - Outlander00
    E - Kylewayne
    R - Pyromaniac

I - Mekairinek
    N - Wriggle

T - The Detective
    H - Selena Kyle
    E - Jeffrey 228

C - Patrick Star
    I - Bic
    T - Batman Year 1
    Y - Rune

--------------
    From reading the thread

Tallaid (comma) has mentioned the fact that he's away until next Monday
    The Detective (T) is having problems with his scanner

I assume Barb, Selena, Patrick & BY1 are still busy working on their pieces or are in the process of sending them. I haven't heard from/seen of Jeffrey so I'm not sure how he's doing. Obviously feel free to amend this list if it helps in the closing stages.

15. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Good Ol' Batmanuel! Dressing for success?

If you know someone else who has a scanner, you could do it at their place and save your drawing on a floppy or something. You could also get it done at a copy shop or computer store, I bet! You should look around a bit, if it's even possible at this late date.

16. TimTwoFace

I remember a long time ago that Jeffrey 228 said he wouldn't be able to do this one. And I figured he'd been replaced...I could chip in here if need be.

Also recall that Zoddman was among the first to say that he's willing to do another pic, so he should get some priority at doing another if need be.

I can contact Sel and BY1 tonight to see how their progress is going. I know they both have one in the works, at least. Ditto for Barb.

As for Tallaid and Patrick Star, I haven't a clue. L'il help, anyone?

-Tim

17. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

A clue to Tallaid? Well so far as a clue goes my dear Watson, just look half way up the page - you will find the clue in form of a post. From this post I can deduce precisely if and when we may expect to see a picture. I do this by using deductive reasoning, my ability to read and a heavy element of sarcasm (the latter I'm not really worthy of using since I was caught out by Mr Joe Alaskey for missing a post of his and thus repeating a question - to my shame).

Nevertheless there's your answer! :)

As for Pat - who knows what planet he's visiting today! :D

18. Alaskanbullworm

Alaskanbullworm Looks like I'm back!

Omicron Persei 8 :p

I haven't had a time to color for days now, I've been busy offline with so many things happening before school and parties and whatnot. I swear that I'll have it in tomorrow. If it isn't, you can all give me a virtual slap in the face. :D

19. TimTwoFace

Can we hold off 'til Monday so Tallaid will get his done in time? I talked with Selena and she'll be done "in a day or two" - so Monday looks good to me.

-Tim

20. Spidey2099

Spidey2099 Active Member

Tomorrow, eh? I was just about to ask when this would be ready...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.