1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Shows you would love Disney Channel/XD to Aquire?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Antonio Bravo, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

Well, Disney Channel only has one Aquired show: The ZhuZhus while Disney XD is packed with Canadian Programming and Now airs Pokemon and Beyblade. I was thinking for Disney XD to air the next Yu-Gi-Oh series after Nicktoons finishes Arc-V. As for Disney.....Well..... (Besides Love Live and Aikatsu), I would love DC air More Female Animated programming like Lego Friends and Pinypon (Like their LA Counterpart) and just go with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Nicktoons really isn't the best place for Yu-Gi-Oh!, so here's hoping the sixth series can air on Disney XD and isn't contractually bound to Nicktoons.

Since Disney Channel likes girl-powered music shows, I would love for them to acquire LoliRock. I've been watching it on Netflix and I really enjoy it, and it would be the perfect fit for the network.

Also, anyone know if Teletoon, BBC, or some other country airs a spooky/horror based kids show like My Babysitter's a Vampire or Wolfblood? I'd like to see more of those.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Micahel Cataldo

I think Disney Channel should acquire Garfield and Friends and air it late Monday-Friday night at 3am.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Miraculous Ladybug would've fit more on Disney Channel than Nickelodeon TBH (besides the fact that it's airing on many international DC feeds.

Also, Chuck's Choice would be perfect for Disney XD (and if not, maybe Nick/Nicktoons).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

I Think that Disney XD should aquire Toei's Sailor Moon both the original version and the current version.

6. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Id say the non-DC Comics side of Warner Brothers Animation. The most recent non-DC Warner Brothers show is Right Now Kapow, which airs on Disney XD. I would've said the entirety of Warner Brothers Animation, but having a company own rival properties like Marvel and DC seems to be a no.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

Yeah, that would declare war on the mighty CN and we don't want that now would we?

8. DonkeyKongSong

Disney XD has aired Static Shock before, as well as Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series during the Toon Disney era.

On the flip side, Kids' WB! and Cartoon Network both aired X-Men: Evolution, and the former aired The Spectacular Spider-Man and the latter aired The Super Hero Squad Show. So I doubt there'd be too much trouble there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I don't know if there would be trouble now, but that was before Disney bought Marvel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

I Agree, maybe Disney XD should aquire some Toei Animation anime shows like Magical DoReMi, Kinnkuman, Marvel's Avengers: Disk Wars and others to the states, because Toei & Disney defintitely did Puss In Boots back in the' 60's.

#10 Vaughn B., Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  11. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I want Disney XD to save...excuse me, air Sonic Boom and Transformers: Robots in Disguise instead of Cartoon Network, like Pokemon.
    I don't think Teletoon is airing anything like that. I have no idea about other countries.

• Agree Agree x 2
    #11 Greg91, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  12. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

As much as I don't care about these shows, THIS is something that needs to happen - at least DXD might treat them well. Not to mention the big money they would generate, which CN US stupidly refuses to see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Are the animes that you mentioned kid friendly? If so, I could see Disney XD airing it. If they're not kid friendly, I don't see Disney airing it. Disney is known for its family friendly animation. Any animated project (whether it's original, acquired, or based on an established property) will get nothing higher than a PG rating in order to get kids and adults to come. For example, when Disney XD aired Naruto, most of its overly suggestive content had to be severely edited or cut out. In contrast, Pokemon and Yo Kai Watch need little to no edits since they're more family friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind Sgt. Frog coming over to Disney XD, I want to see what the show's all about.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I definitely would like to see Disney XD air Yu-Gi-Oh! in the future. At this point, the franchise cannot get the exposure it needs through Nicktoons. I'd be happy if they started airing Arc-V instead of waiting for the next series. I don't know how long their rights over the series are, but at this rate, it will take ages for them to just finish the first season. Airing the new series instead of putting it on Disney XD could help and we have had two Yu-Gi-Oh! series airing on different channels before, so that could possibly work too. Disney XD would actually give the series decent treatment at least and promote it, which is more than I can say for Nicktoons. Plus, both Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! would be airing on the same channel again and that does sound awesome to me.

While I'd be okay with the series being Netflix exclusive, Miraculous Ladybug would be nice to have on either Disney Channel proper or Disney XD. It could give the channel more variety and appeal to girls as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

There's Young Dracula, which aired on CBBC from 2006 to 2014. It's not horror, but The Worst Witch on CBBC is also very good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DonkeyKongSong

With Disney XD showing an interest in toyetic anime, I am a bit surprised Marvel Disk Wars hasn't come over yet, especially since it has an English dub airing in the Phillipines. It sounds like it's something they'd jump on instantly. Maybe they haven't found a distributor for the toys in the US?

Also, I think Disney Channel France worked on LoliRock as well as Miraculous Ladybug, so I can definitely see either of those airings on Disney Channel, unless they're just deemed more XD-suitable due to their action/adventure elements (like with Star vs. The Forces of Evil). I'd be fine with both series being Netflix exclusive, but then again, Disney Channel did get Mako Mermaids briefly. They didn't air it long, but those two are more episodic than Mako Mermaids and would likely resonate with their audience better.

Because it actually turns out Disney Channel hasn't just one acquisition. Besides The ZhuZhus, they also have Backstage and LEGO: Friends of Heartlake City. It's just the former is on hiatus even in Canada and the latter doesn't air new episodes every week, or even year. The former is off the app, but the latter is still there in its entirety (including the Girlz 4 Life movie).

Based on what happened with Chaotic (Seasons 2 and 3 airing on Cartoon Network while 1 was on Toon Disney/XD) I could see XD airing ARC-V Seasons 2 and/or 3 (when it's ready) even while Nick still has the rights to Season 1. It may be a bit jarring to start it without Season 1 airing, but it's the best we can get. Same with Ladybug even (Season 1 is still airing repeats on Nicktoons).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cosmo

Cosmo New Poster. Old Lurker.

I wish XD would take Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V from NickToons.

• Like Like x 1
  19. D-nice is the man.

I think should acquire the series Freaktown and air the series on Disney XD. It has aired on the Disney XD Asia channel before and I think it would be a good fit in the US.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Vaughn B.

Vaughn B. Member

Well, yes because Magical DoReMi is a Toei kid friendly anime series as well as the successor to the original Sailor Moon and the ancestors to the Glitter Force and even though 4 Kids didn't adapt the original Kinnnkuman it was Toei's 1st ever wrestling anime series ever.

So i think that Disney XD could might readapt and redubbed Sailor Moon, Magical DoReMi to the states.

But i also think that Disney XD could adapt both Marvel's Avengers: Disk Wars and the original Kinnikuman to the states for the 1st time.

And who knows? Maybe just maybe Disney XD could aquire some of the Toei Super Robots of the '70's, '80's, '90's, 2000's, and today to the states for the first time.