Show your Silver Age related stuff

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by egfelixdcg, Dec 10, 2009.

1. egfelixdcg

egfelixdcg New Member

Advertisements, toys pictures, video game covers, and other merchandise. Especially if it shows the characters in unusual ways, like off model or in a different pose than the normal model sheet poses.

I decided to scan some interesting pages of this Magazine issue from February 1995. I believe it's been illustrated in the country I live, so these might be totally new for most of you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You can view it Full size here: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6661/bigcamping.jpg

[​IMG]

Today I found at my house's door a Wal Mart booklet showing offers:
    [​IMG]

Buster's Hidden Treasure seems to be one of the most common Sega Genesis games here, even though the show no longer airs on TV. Everytime I see it in a store, I become happy. Most games are pireted(not the consoles, though some are, mainly the NES), I wonder if this one is.

2. Framwinkle

Framwinkle Crazy Squirrel

Wow! Those are interesting. Yakko as Tarzan is scaring me a little bit for his lack of pants, and I don't even know what to think of Sega consoles and games still being sold at Walmart in your country. That just blows my mind.

I do have this, which I aquired just recently from Ebay. It's a promotional flyer that was aparently sent to various companies to try and entice them into producing TTA related merchandise. It has various stats about the show on the back, such as ratings info and awards won. I mainly got it for the artwork, though. I love this pose of Buster and Babs.

[​IMG]

3. Framwinkle

And as for off model, I nearly forgot I had this. It's a tag off of an Animaniacs plushie that I bought probably sometime in 1995. It's the only place I can recall seeing Dot with a bow instead of a flower.

[​IMG]

4. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Dot wore the bow and not the flower in many Animaniacs pre-production art drawings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  5. mariobro27

mariobro27 New Member

the only piece of Merch. I have is a Tiny Toon's toy from McDonalds in 1994. (the 10th anniversary parade toys) it's Buster holding a Birthday Cake with Babs on a ladder trying to put a Candle on it. as the wheels move, the ladder moves back and forth as well. sorry I dont have a Picture of this, I'm pretty busy...

6. Beetlejuice1989

Beetlejuice1989 The Ghost with the Most!

I have that one as well. I also have an Animaniacs math book that I got back in 1999 as well as a Slappy/Skippy toy from McDonald's.

7. egfelixdcg

egfelixdcg New Member

Hahahaha! And not only in Walmart. Sounds like frozen time, doesn't it? Anyway, new consoles are being sold as well, like the Wii or the Playstation 3.

Pretty interesting. Yakko and Wakko also lack the side-whiskers like early in the show production.

8. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Wait a minute, Yakko and Wakko had side whiskers on their face most of the time?

9. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

I have a T-shirt that has Buster and Babs in that same pose. :) It's a group shot that also has Bugs, Daffy, Taz, The Warners, Batman, Robin, & Superman. I can only assume it came from the old Warner Bros. Stores (I got it at a flea market).

If I ever get my computer at home fixed, I'll see about posting some stuff.

10. egfelixdcg

egfelixdcg New Member

Yes, even in the pages I've uploaded to this very same thread. I mean those things I surrounded in a red circle:

[​IMG]

By the way, I hate that shine effect they gave to the cake. Makes it look like metal. Otherwise I love everything else in these comic panels.

11. The Spectre

The Spectre New Member

I'm sure I read somewhere that the side-whiskers were added at the last minute because someone objected that they looked a bit too much like other licensed characters from a rival studio. I'd guess Dot's bow was changed to a flower or similar reasons, to minimize her similarity to another character.

12. Keeper

Keeper New Member

Gosh, I don't have much of anything unpacked, but I did shoot video as I packed before moving last year, and unpacked a few things that had been packed for about 12 years after moving to where I live now.

The first video has a bunch of clothing & pins (not all cartoon-related, but a lot of it). The second is the really precious stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj3KbgRspK8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqLWt6t5d2o
    (that camera could not zoom in or out while recording, unfortunately)

Oh yeah, I also temporarily unpacked some stuff for the end of this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPWKuAklpew

Photos of some of those and more (like my mousepad before it got all grungy) taken with an early digital camera back in about 1997 are here:
    http://www.armory.com/~keeper/pics/

I think that's all I have online. I do own some peculiar things like Animaniacs graphic novels from Italy, or a coloring book that has a disturbing picture of Yakko swooning over his brother in drag.

I do have videos of more recent acquisitions like the autographed F! DVD or the TTA/F! DVD release poster signed by Ruegger, Rugg, McCann, Stoner & Oliver (that was a nice surprise). But I'm focusing on things from "back in the day" here.

13. Framwinkle

I used to have this as my licence plate, and still have the actual plate itself. Unfortunately, no one I knew could even pronounce it, much less knew what it meant, until I told them. Alas, I come from a mostly non-cartoony family.

[​IMG]

14. Craig Crumpton

Craig Crumpton This is a close-up?

Thanks for starting this thread, egfelixdcg (if that is your *real* name ;) ). I actually came to the WBC forum today with the specific intention of starting a thread like this. We've had some similar show/character-specific threads like it in the past, but not a general one.

I wanted to start this thread primarily to give a heads-up that I am planning to finally launch my Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain merchandise archives project through toonzone in 2010 (if all goes well). I've been working on it for like the last decade and unfortunately I don't have access to most of the images right now after losing my PC to a vicious malware virus last October. However, within the month the PC should be fixed and I can move forward with the project.

I'm going to focus on T-shirts first, so if any of you already have images of your collection online (like Framwinkle, I think it was, who posted links a while back) please link them here. Those who contribute will receive full credit for doing so, and major contributors will likely receive freebies in return for their participation.

Also, if you're replying to previous posts with images -- please avoid including the original image in your reply. It causes unnecessary duplication and a heckuvalot of extra scrolling.

I'll be linking to some of my recent finds soon via my personal blog (not the voice actors one).

15. Craig Crumpton

Keeper, if you haven't found the Dot and Yakko Valentines PVCs yet (like you mentioned for this image), I believe I have duplicates of both. I think I have the original packaging as well, although it's not mint-sealed as I had to throw out the chocolates due to potential contamination in storage. (Have you seen what happens to chocolate after 10 years, and worse if bugs get into it? Spew-and-a-half!)

16. Framwinkle

17. Keeper

Keeper New Member

Very cool license plate! When I moved to Nevada last March, I pondered getting a personalized plate for my motorcycle when seeing how inexpensive it is here. Alas, "NARF" was taken. I think "FABOO" was taken too. For fun, I looked up the names of the Warner sibs and "YAKKO" was not taken.

What I really considered was "AYPWIP" but I figured the likelihood that anyone would know what it means was remote. My other possibility was simply "NO CAR" since I don't have a car.

Ultimately, though, I didn't get a personalized plate.

Thanks for the offer, Craig. I don't even have any figurines unpacked these days (probably when Linda and I get our own place, though!), so it's no big deal now.

18. Craig Crumpton

After years of failing to fulfill promises to share photos of my WBA Sliver Age collection, I've finally started posting some on my personal blog. I'm too lazy to link the individual pics here, so here's the blog post. Hope you all enjoy! ...and you'd better enjoy them, dangit! I was up half the night working on these!

http://voxinsox.blogspot.com/2010/10/animaniacs-merchandise.html

19. Neomysterion

Neomysterion TZ's Resident Neopets King

Awesome Stuff!

Wow, C. Crumpton, now there's a great deal of Pinky and the Brain merchandise right there. I didn't know that the Animaniacs had a handheld electronic game, too. Great stuff, C. Crumpton, I appreciate it! ;)

20. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

My only question about the Animaniacs game is, how was it made in 1990? I thought Animaniacs didn't exist then.