1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Show your fan art!

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by takineko, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

"It was a zippy-zappy-zahooey..."

(Was that the line?)

Hmm, that picture looks familiar, like I've seen the same thing years and years ago. Maybe somebody else had the same idea. Babs looks like she's about to crack up laughing at Buster's embarrassment.

2. Ganymede

Ganymede Ahh, Mango Fruit!

Yeah, I couldn't really decide what I wanted her reaction to be. Now that I've seen enough episodes, I'm thinking she'd just do one of her famous impressions to make fun of him. (hmmm...now who would be a good person to impersonate...)

Anyways, I think I finally came to the conclusion that this is simply what happens when Fifi's had a little too much wine for lunch. (I don't know...can I say that???) So, yes, I can see this happening. Be fun to watch what happens next...:D

3. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

4. Ganymede

Looks fun. How long did it take you to draw all your answers?

(I'd try it myself if it wasn't for the fact that it takes ~5 hours for me to draw a single character on the computer.)

5. takineko

it did take some time. But I did it a bit at a time over 3 days or so.

6. Ganymede

Another one by me. This time, Plucky's got the bad luck.

[xspoiler='Image']
    [​IMG]

[/xspoiler]
    First time using Photoshop!! The tree looks kinda "meh", but overall it didn't turn out nearly as bad as it could have.

7. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

8. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

I posted this in the Drawing Board, but I figure it bears repeating here - Babs, Fifi, and Shirley learning how to breathe underwater for Cartoon Physics 101...

[​IMG]

9. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

Well, how Plucky might have gotten a white stripe down his back is anybody's guess. Still, his expression is just priceless. :)

And J.B., I just can't help but think of the cartoon "Hare Ribbin'" on that one. Maybe The Three are in training for "Hare Ribbin' 2". :D ....and I guess I wouldn't be me if I didn't point out that that is one uber-cuddly looking Fifi. :anime:

10. Ganymede

Me thinks it might take more than a white stripe down Plucky's back to fool Fifi. She's have to be struck by love pretty dang hard to overlook his duck-like features.
    Still, I just couldn't bring myself to deprive such a raving egomaniac of the humbling experiences an amorous Fifi can offer. :D

From what I remember, that cartoon had a pretty violent ending! :eek: Somehow, I just can't quite see Babs shooting an antagonist with a shotgun in the end...even if she IS modeling her actions after Bugs's.
    (And from what I hear, there was even a second ending out there that was even worse. :shrug:)

11. J. B. Warner

I think he was referring to the fact that the majority of "Hare Ribbin'" takes place underwater. And indeed, that was my inspiration for the drawing - I noticed that breathing never seems to be an issue for anyone in any underwater scenes in any of the classic Looney Tunes. Seems to me that breathing underwater would be a viable cartoon skill that could conceivably be taught at Acme Looniversity.

12. Ganymede

No doubt.

I like your picture. It's a great idea. And the idea of a cartoon taking place mostly underwater is also a great idea (they ALMOST did that for The Undersea World of Fifi...if they had sent a toon instead of Elmyra, they wouldn't have needed the suit). And it's true that "Hare Ribbin'" was mostly underwater.

I was merely referring to the specific suggestion of preparing for a "Hare Ribbin 2", which I interpreted as following the same premise: nemesis, water, ending and all.

13. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

"This shouldn't ever happen to a dog! - OW!!"

14. egfelixdcg

egfelixdcg Member

Hare Ribbin'... Bugs as a mermaid doesn't look bad. Sometimes I wish Bugs Bunny was an actual female LOL. Luckily Babs was created.

15. Ganymede

What about Lola?

16. egfelixdcg

egfelixdcg Member

Oh yes, I forgot her. Anyways I think Babs is funnier. Lola is way too serious.

17. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

How about a drawing of Babs and Lola together?

18. Totally_Insaney

Totally_Insaney what is this? i don't even

[​IMG]
    I drew Mindy as a girl scout. :anime: That odd hand gesture she's making is the "Girl Scout sign".

19. J. B. Warner

That sounds like something I could do someday - the vast difference in their personalities is just begging to be satirized.

20. takineko

well now that you've said that.. you HAVE to.