1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Nicktoons have an Anime Block?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Anthony Riley, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Anthony Riley

Anthony Riley Active Member

This is a way to replace the 2 hours of Paradise Run and 1 hour of Crashletes. The block will air Monday-Friday 4-7 and will air Saturdays and Sundays from 10-12. Here's the schedule:
    Monday-Friday
    4:00 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
    4:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai
    5:00 Avatar
    5:30 My Hero Academia
    6:00 Dragon Ball Super
    6:30 One Piece
    Saturday-Sunday
    10:00 Dragon Ball Super
    10:30 My Hero Academia
    11:00 Legend of Korra
    11:30 One Piece
    The lineup changes every month and will Dragon Ball Z Kai, Dragon Ball Super, My Hero Academia and One Piece later air uncut at 2-4 AM on Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday (excluding Kai) from 2-3:30 AM. Would this make Nicktoons a little better?

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

If they ever give better attention to Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V and any of the recent anime then it would call for a block. As of now It would only be something that would not be as well for the channel knowing how it isn't as available as Toonami and I don't think anyone would want to see an edited One Piece nor an edited DB Super either.

3. Anthony Riley

They will air uncut 2-4 AM Monday-Friday and 2-3:30 AM Saturday and Sunday.

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

This is Nicktoons, It really isn't their style to air uncut material.

5. Anthony Riley

They aired Fusion Reborn uncut in 2011.

6. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I don't think they have the rights to One Piece, My Hero Academia, and any Dragon Ball series.

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Supposedly airing one movie uncut six years ago does not give the impression that they'd be willing to air more shows uncut at later hours. The fights in One Piece can be pretty intense and full of blood, so that would have to be edited for a kids channel like Nicktoons. Nicktoons is still a kids channel after all.

Avatar, The Legend of Korra and TMNT 2k3 aren't anime series, so I don't know why they're included among a fantasy schedule for an anime block. They don't have the rights to One Piece, DBZ Kai or My Hero Academia. I doubt that they can air DBZ Kai now that it's airing on Toonami and I don't think that they'll get it back. Otherwise, they wouldn't have let go of the rights to air it in the first place. I doubt that they'd be interested in One Piece due to the amount of edits it would need and how it has already been off the air a couple of times. My Hero Academia probably would require more edits too, although I'm not as familiar with that series compared to One Piece. If Nicktoons is still treated as a place to toss aside unwanted shows and they still are airing reruns of Arc V despite the first two seasons being completely dubbed, they aren't going to put out the money to get these shows or put an anime block.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

• Like Like x 2