1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should NickSports move to TeenNick?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by SuperFan2024, Sep 4, 2016.

1. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Unless if they change their name/network (Ex = Toon Disney to Disney XD), Nicktoons will always be considered a network for cartoons, simple. Sure in the past they showed programming like Drake and Josh, The Troop, Alien Dawn, and etc, but I don't think NickSports fits on the channel IMO. Ever since Degrassi ended, TeenNick only has Boy Meets World and TeenNick Top 10 remaining for new programming for the channel and BMW is decades old, so I don't even consider it new. Nicktoons has Rabbits Invasion, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Digimon Fusion, Yu Gi Oh Arc 5, and Get Blake (even if they don't air it.) That's ok right now for a sister channel. Shows like The Halo Effect, All In With Cam Newton, Crashletes (which is a friendlier version of Ridiculousness) and Soccer Superstar especially all deserve to be on TeenNick.

What do you guys think?

#1 SuperFan2024, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  2. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

I don't think this could work.

I'm sure nearly half of the teen population aren't watching a lot of sports today; and if they are, they probably wouldn't watch related programming on TeenNick, which has a brand that looks very devoid of sports.

I feel Nicktoons' brand has the mentality perfect for sports-related programming. It's hyper, extreme and dangerous fun, like almost all the toons airing on Nt right now.

I get what you're saying, but I respectfully disagree. I feel the sports programming would be better for Nicktoons (despite being live-action) than on TeenNick (which I feel would be more like filler than actual originals that align with the direction it goes with).

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

It really comes down to how useful are these shows, honestly the sports brand of Nick hasn't really taken off, at this point its not doing a good job and any of the two channels can really air these shows.

4. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

No, NickSports should die like CN Real.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

For the sake of The Splat, NickSports should move to actual Nick instead, since most people don't get TeenNick.

6. Micahel Cataldo

I think putting NickSports on TeenNick would be a great idea. They should air that on TeenNick instead of Nicktoons.

7. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I'm okay with this idea. I tune into Nicktoons to watch the toons, not the sports, and I don't think kids would like seeing their cartoons interrupted.

If Nick GaS was still around, NickSports would've fit perfectly on there. But it's gone, so I suppose TeenNick would be the next best thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rockorockorocko

rockorockorocko Well-Known Member

Personally... I think Nick should combine Nicktoons (with NickSports) and TeenNick (with NickSplat) to one channel that has blocks dedicated to Nick's full vault of TV shows. I personally like the Idea of Nickelodeon or Nick 2.0.

I do like Nick Jr overall tho. The only sister channel doing something right.