1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness kick for a fourth season?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Carlos Gutierrez, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Carlos Gutierrez

Would it be okay if "Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness" returned for a fourth season so that it would involve with Po facing newer enemies and newer threats?

2. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

Sad answer is no. Unless I'm incorrect, I think Netflix now has the rights to DreamWorks animated series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken or something changed, I believe Nick owns the ones they made (although I still doubt they're going to bring any of them back).

4. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Short answer: It's not coming back.

Long answer:

The show's co-owned by Nick and DWA (obvious DWA characters are DWA owned, along with the DVD/Blu-Ray Disc Rights), as are the other co-productions, to which is why you will never see The Penguins of Madagascar, Monsters Vs. Aliens, nor the Kung Fu Panda series getting any more seasons, nor on Netflix or on any DreamWorks affiliated device unless it was Nick based. It was apparent since that big Netflix deal for DWA to make their own shows without network interference would be a reason why the shows would've been canceled.

Also, DreamWorks Animation was acquired by NBCUniversal (which houses the preschool network Sprout, soon to be general kidvid channel Universal Kids), which is owned by Comcast.