1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Disney XD's Anime Block air weekly and have an SVES-like block?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Anthony Riley, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Anthony Riley

Anthony Riley Active Member

Think about it. Disney XD's Anime Block could be like what Toonami was from 1997-2004 and air Monday through Friday from 4 PM to 7 PM and air Saturday mornings from 9 AM to 12 PM. They could also have something similar to Saturday Video Entertainment System (SVES). They could also add a midnight run that airs Monday through Friday. This is what the schedule might look like:
    Monday-Friday
    4:00 Pokemon
    4:30 Beyblade
    5:00 Yokai Watch
    5:30 Yu-Gi-Oh!
    6:00 One Piece
    6:30 Dragon Ball Z
    Saturday
    9:00 Pokemon (New Episode)
    9:30 Yokai Watch (New Episode)
    10:00 Beyblade (New Episode)
    10:30 Yu-Gi-Oh! (New Episode)
    11:00 Cardfight Vanguard (New Episode)
    11:30 Digimon (New Episode)
    Midnight Run Monday through Friday
    Monday
    12:00 One Piece
    12:30 Pokemon
    Tuesday
    12:00 Dragon Ball Z
    12:30 Yokai Watch
    Wednesday
    12:00 My Hero Academia
    12:30 Naruto
    Thursday
    12:00 Beyblade
    12:30 Cardfight Vanguard
    Friday
    12:00 Naruto Shippuden
    12:30 Sgt Frog
    Saturday Night
    7:00 Yokai Watch
    7:30 Cardfight Vanguard
    8:00 Pokemon
    8:30 Dragon Ball
    9:00 Sgt Frog
    9:30 Dragon Ball Z
    10:00 Yu-Gi-Oh!
    10:30 My Hero Academia
    11:00 Doraemon
    11:30 One Piece
    12:00 Naruto Shippuden
    12:30 Beyblade
    1:00 Dragon Ball GT
    1:30 Naruto
    The lineup changes every 2 months. Do you like this idea? Thank you.

2. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

I like the idea, but a few things. Firstly, I don't think it would nor should it be restricted to solely anime, Star War Rebels, Spider-man, Guardians of the Galaxy, even Star Vs. The Forces of Evil to a lesser extent.

Secondly, some of the selection you picked simply would stick out too much and would take up too much space, I doubt AS would be willing to share DBZ and it's piers like that, to say nothing about series like One Piece or Naruto, the latter already having it's chance on Disney XD and is already settled in comfortably in Toonami.

That said, it's not a bad list if one that requires some tweeking.

3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I've thought a block geared toward a slightly older audience, or even more of a general audience, that was scheduled like Adult Swim could be cool for a while. They kind of tried something similar with the Fandom event a couple of years back but I'm not fully sure what the goal of that was. I'd like to see XD try anime like Shippuden again without needing to censor it quite to the degree that they might have last time. I'd like to see them trying slightly more serious western animation like Motorcity, TRON Uprising or Avengers EMH again or even airing the occasional PG-13 action movie like a Pirates, Marvel or TRON movie or something animated that might not get a lot of exposure on TV otherwise.

As I think about it, I pretty much want to see a turn of the century Toonami that's run through a Disney filter, or Jetix aimed at older kids.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

#3 Rick Jones, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Of all channels I do think that Disney XD is the one that is capable of having a block like this, though I don't think they would take on shows like Dragon Ball/One Piece in general since at best they would try for a common group of younger viewers.

5. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

I support the anime block on DXD as long as the anime it airs is already kid-friendly, and doesn't have to be censored to death. Pokemon, Yo-Kai Watch, and Beyblade are good starts! Keep Dragon Ball, Naruto, and other similar animes off the network!