1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Bunsen Is a Beast get a second season?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by Carlos Gutierrez, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Anthony Riley

Anthony Riley Member

He could make a show for Disney XD.

2. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Well he's currently developing a new show for (presumably) them.

As for Bunsen, with only 5 episodes left, I think we would have heard by now if they were going to get another season. But it could of course be a FOP situation where they where we assume the show is going to end each time and a surprise renewal pops up.

3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

He's currently trying to make a Danny Phantom-like show on Youtube. I don't think he'll quit Nickelodeon anyway since they give him so many chances.

4. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Butch also said in one of the interviews that he really likes the freedom of YouTube:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/20/16003066/danny-phantom-series-youtube-butch-hartman

“I’m working on a series right now that will only be available on YouTube,” Hartman said. “It’s going to be a little bit of anime, a little bit in the Danny Phantom range. It won’t be Danny Phantom, of course, but it will be a show like that. It’s still a ways away and we’re putting the pieces together, but the Butch Hartman channel is going to be where I’m bringing more of my series.”

That doesn’t mean Hartman is severing ties with Nickelodeon. The creator says he has a very good working relationship with Nickelodeon, which is still airing The Fairly OddParents and his new series, Bunsen is a Beast, but like so many other creators, Hartman sees the importance of having an online presence and building up an audience on YouTube — and elsewhere.

In July 2015, Hartman launched the Noog Network on iOS. Those who downloaded and signed up for the app were treated to exclusive videos, games, cartoons and live shows. Hartman has spent a large portion of his time developing the app over the years, and his experience working on different art forms has led to a couple of ideas for other projects he wants to work on. Hartman just finished his first comic book, Three O’Clock Club, and tells Polygon that he has ambitions to work on a video game. It’s just a matter of time and finding the right team.

“It’s been a goal for me for a while now,” Hartman said. “But video games take huge teams to create and I don’t know the first thing about building one. I would love to write the narrative for a game, one for kids, but right now my attention is on YouTube.”

Hartman also confirmed that he’s working with popular anime streaming service Crunchyroll on new videos that will be available on his YouTube channel, which Hartman said he’ll be able to talk more about soon. Even with his attention on YouTube, Hartman said that if Nickelodeon were to greenlight a Fairly OddParents or Danny Phantom movie special, he would of course drop everything to focus on that.

[...]

“I’m addicted to the freedom YouTube affords me,” Hartman said. “I’m only going to start producing more and more videos in the coming months. There won’t be any shortage of videos on my end anytime soon.”

5. Chaos160

Chaos160 Occasional Member

Bunsen doesn't seem to be the kind of show that can last for many years. Besides, it's ratings are lackluster at best and seems to be completely overshadowed by other shows such as The Loud House.

6. ShadowBeast

The fact that the show airs on Nicktoons instead of Nickelodeon pretty much shows how much faith Nickelodeon has with Bunsen is a Beast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toonberculosis

Toonberculosis Gets Two Scoops

Sounds like he's already been preparing himself for that outcome. He's spoken recently about how YouTube gives him more "freedom" to do whatever he wants. Maybe if he can actually put out good material without Nickelodeon execs breathing down his neck, he can win some trust back. Otherwise, if he still manages to fall victim to the same tropes and repetitive gags that hamstrung his cartoons, he'll not be remembered fondly.

8. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

I don't think Bunsen will get a second season, the show premiered back in January and its seven months later, and still no new about a second season.

Usually when Nick is going to renew a show (especially animated) they'll do it within a few months.

But I could be wrong, and Nickelodeon has a good relationship with Hartman so who knows?

10. Anthony Riley

Anthony Riley Member

Let's hope that Bunsen doesn't get sent to Nicktoons just like TUFF Puppy, Harvey Beaks, Fairly Odd Parents, Rabbids Invasion, My Life As A Teenage Robot, Legend of Korra, Kung Fu Panda Legends of Awesomeness, and Pig Goat Banana Cricket.

11. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Also let's not forget The Mighty B, Back at the Barnyard, Penguins of Madagascar, Planet Sheen, as well as acquisitions like Oggy and Cockroaches, Miraculous Ladybug, Rocket Monkeys although these three are acquisitions and not original Nicktoons.

12. ShadowBeast

The show is already on Nicktoons.

13. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

He meant new episodes.

14. ShadowBeast

I checked and saw that it's getting new episodes next month, but nothing about which channel they're airing. But the fact it's reruns are only on Nicktoons isn't a good sign for the show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we should wait to confirm which network is airing before you jump to conclusions and thinking it will end up on Nicktoons..

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Chaos160

I don't get why Nick just won't tell us what shows are renewed, cancelled, or moved to Nicktoons!

What exactly is there to hide?

17. ShadowBeast

The show is already on Nicktoons. I know it's just the reruns, but the fact that there is no reruns on the main channel pretty much guarantees that the show isn't doing good. SBSP airs on both channels and Loud House gets new episodes and reruns only on the main channel.

18. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Loud House reruns on Nicktoons too, but just every week. Remember Alvinnn!! and the Chipmunks isn't showing on main Nickelodeon for reruns, but it aired on Nickelodeon for new episodes last week, currently airing Nicktoons network for reruns

#38 kanc, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  19. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Technically it's not a secret, the creative teams on their shows seem to be allowed to tell the fans when a new season has been ordered before Nickelodeon does. We've seen it with Harvey Beaks, PGBC, FOP, and SpongeBob. It's just that no one on Bunsen is a Beast is willing to tell anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chaos160

That could be it. It's just very odd that there has been zero news about FOP or Bunsen at the moment. Other shows have their renewals or cancellations announced at least halfway throughout the current season. Are the shows cancelled or not, Nick?