Should AS drop Family Guy and American Dad?

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Zorak Masaki, Feb 12, 2017.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

For Adult Swim, there might be a lot of value in those reruns. Cleveland Show? Maybe not so much. It was really Adult Swim that helped resurrect Family Guy.

2. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

No since they bring in good ratings

If ANY show needs to be removed it is King of the Hill since that ended a while ago!

3. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Considering how the reruns do better than most of the other programming on the block, they should definitely keep it. The money it brings in is just too good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Adult Swim might have higher quality shows, but given Family Guy has been here the longest then now it is getting harder for it to actually see the day it leaves, even if it ever gets cancelled.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I don't like Family Guy much anymore, but I can't see them ever getting rid of it. Family Guy is what put [adult swim] on the map, and vice versa.

6. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

See, that's where I disagree: "King of the Hill" is over, and so that's a reason to keep airing it! It's the same philosophy I have with "Boomerang" - for a TV show, to air in reruns is to live on, and to be remembered. Boomerang should be airing more of it's library from the 70's and 80's, NOT reruns of "Gumball" and "Teen Titans Go".

Likewise, it doesn't hurt Adult Swim to air "King of the Hill" at least once per night. In fact, I'd like it if they went back to airing other old "adult comedy" shows, like "Home Movies", "Baby Blues", or they should pick up the rights to something they haven't aired before, like "Dr. Katz" and "Beavis and Butthead". Be the "Boomerang" of Adult Comedy!

But these continuous loops of recent episodes of Family Guy, when the show stopped being funny years ago...that's got to stop.