1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should a Wii U peripheral be developed for Switch?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LDEJRuff, Apr 13, 2017.

1. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Since I got news about the Wii U's discontinuity, I fear that many of its users are gonna be disappointed since Nintendo is focusing on hardware for its hybrid console, the Switch. While some Switch users still have Wii U games, should Nintendo develop a Wii U peripheral for Switch? If so, there should be a special cartridge, and the peripheral should attach itself to the dock where the Switch should be while in Console Mode.

#1 LDEJRuff, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Yes, it's called get a WiiU if you want to play old games, otherwise get with the times and buy a Switch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

MDawg, you're being too negative. I think if a peripheral should exist, the Switch itself, while attached to the JoyCon in Handheld Mode, can act like the Wii U controller, while the TV, with the peripheral in the Dock, still shows gameplay; separate JoyCon can act like standard Wii Controllers.

4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

And if you want to pay $200+ for a new attachment, that includes an old chipset and other old parts to make even such a thing feasible, I'm sure there's a market for all one of you. In reality, there is no dang good reason for such a thing cause the Wii U wasn't an abject failure, but it sure was not a mover. No one wanted it and the sales showed that. Making a (worthless) attachment along with the various complexities and technology licensing issues involved isn't worth anyone's trouble.