Shorty McShorts' Shorts (8 - 7 Years Later) - Disney Channel's Forgotten Legendary Failure

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by The ShopSoldier, Jul 23, 2014.

1. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    I'm sorry, but I had to do this. Here and Now. Now or Never... I accept full consequences. But I can't stand by and let this forum site be passed by by this brilliant insight on this legendary failure for Disney back in 2006 - 07...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXfWwOa9H78&list=UUOCs7lAn_5fZWhnqMOOYfXQ

My opinion on all of this:

So, let's discuss the now (8 - 7 year old) legendary (I'm sure unfortunate for some of us...) failure that is - Shorty McShorts' Shorts...

2. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

There was eventually a SheZow series (after Disney disowned it), so there's that, I guess.

3. The ShopSoldier

Shezow was OK, IMHO - unless some massive retooling took place, however - Flip Flopped and Too Many Robots (which had brilliant premises') would have never worked as they were. Everything else was worthless, expendable garbage from the start.

4. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

Huh. I forgot these existed. I barely remember a single one of them though. Take that for what it's worth.

5. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

Same, well sorta, by the time these came on I didn't watch DC at all.

6. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I only found out these existed after SheZow came out

7. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

I remember seeing commercials for these when they first aired. The fact that I don't really remember actually seeing any of them should say what a memorable hit that was.

8. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I have heard the title but I have never seen them. I didn't watch Disney at the time they came around.

9. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Reds!

Oh... this show. I forgot about Shorty McShorts' Shorts, but seeing its name again jogged my memory. 8 - 7 years ago? I was still in middle school when this first appeared.

I only watched this show once and only vaguely remember two shorts: one about a Sasquatch marrying a human and another one about a boy band going to Canada. The only memorable thing I can recall from the boy band short is one of the members spinning maple leaves on his nipples. Yep.

10. The ShopSoldier

It's true - no one remembers these or barely even that... And for good reasons, given how worthless these all are.

11. Martin Juneau

Martin Juneau Cartoon/comic-artist

I never heard anything of this show before now but judging by what i saw, they have a reason why a series as this should never be made or accepted by any Animation Department. The characters designs are ugly and the art style look akin what you expect from a 2006 show in any measures. Great thing no one have fond memories of this cartoon, while 2006 was not so, a great year in every circumstances.

12. WBCartoonFan

WBCartoonFan aka toonstar4youtv

..oh boy, here we go again.

first of all, i don't actually remembered this series..

second of all - i don't like Mr Enter at all. he's trying to act like NC or AVGN (he has own video game series).

third of all - THERE is actually wrong with this review shows take a look at his SB reviews for example.

13. The ShopSoldier

Don't worry - I was brought this topic up to see what others thought of this who haven't seen it, as it is... Besides all that, I personally MrEnter. I was too busy bringing myself so much joy seeing the guy in pain like that, honestly. But only, of course, because I think we should be thankful more than anything that NONE OF THESE SHORTS ever made it.

He may be right about wasted potential, but one thing is for certain regarding this "reviewer" (I refuse to call him a critic, he ain't good at it - nor is he mature at it, like one needs to be in order to be good at it!!) - He's wasting his own potential hating on Spongebob so much (mostly all of the time!)...

There's also him being a little too obsessed with MLP (At least IMHO) that makes it near impossible for me to ever take him seriously when it comes to him being a "reviewer" and gushing over an overrated show like that...

14. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter! Moderator

I don't think MrEnter is that bad. I've watched a few of his reviews, and they're okay.

I think he reviews way, WAY too much MLP, though. He needs to cut back on that.

15. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Did Disney actually have the intention of turning the shorts into actual cartoons (like What A Cartoon! & Oh Yeah! Cartoons did), or was it just made as a little showcase to air random shorts on the Disney Channel?

16. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

I assumed it was only just for timeslot filler. DC doesn't have commercials, so why not just add some random things in? Especially since WAC and OYC had longer shorts airing. 7 or 11 minutes IIRC. But how Shezow got a series...I'm not sure. I assume that the creator owned the IP, so he pitched it to another network.

17. The ShopSoldier

Shezow may have not been the best thing ever, but Obie Scott Wade is one smart soldier to do what he did in the end, assuming that is true (even if, once again, the results weren't all that stunning...).

1) Whatever... To each his own, soldier. I still can't like, let alone respect a guy who's trying to get someone fired, via bad social media behavior like he was rumored to have tried to do with certain current Spongebob writers (regardless of what anyone thinks of said example show, THAT is WRONG.).

2) Agreed. Oh God - we are AGREED. MLP is SO NOT that great or demanding of such attention all the time (even if just IMHO!).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  18. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Came for the ribs

[MENTION=52214]The ShopSoldier[/MENTION] & [MENTION=16703]Daikun[/MENTION] I don't like MLP as much as you do but the guy does have a healthy relationship to the show and makes him happy so what does it matter on the number of times he watches it

19. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

The fact that this thread is starting to degrade into criticizing one reviewer should be a testament to how utterly forgettable Shorty McShorts Shorts was. It's starting to feel like this one guy on the internet (who is apparently willing to let innocent people die poor and broke just because of some screenplays he himself hates) is more important that Disney's sole attempt at cashing in on Fred Seibert's cartoon showcases. I swear if any of the creators behind this show are reading this, they must feel downright humiliated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  20. The Talon

The Talon New Member

OK then. Because if this was supposed to be like Oh Yeah! Cartoons, then good lord, Disney completely failed at that.