Shin Megami Tensei PERSONA 4 Golden Info, updates, and discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RockmanDash, Aug 30, 2011.

1. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

[​IMG]

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Originally shown in the Persona 4 anime thread, I thought it deserved it's own thread. =) Looks like people will finally get the portable version(which shall be on Vita) they have been asking for. Info as of right now stands as:

• A new character named Marie
    • 1.5 times the voice of the PS2 version
    • Wireless support for calling on others to help you when you're about to die in a dungeon.
    • Other elements that fans of the original have heavily requested
    • New opening anime with new song from Shouji Meguro
    • New animation movies

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
  2. Rynnec

Rynnec Active Member

Just give me a female MC complete with a lesbian option, and I'll be okay with this.

3. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator

It's not a surprise that Atlus is once again jumping on the "re-release with new features" bandwagon with Persona 4 Golden after all the PSP re-releases. I do think that while this is the first time they have remade Persona 4 for a different platform, Atlus certainly has made a ton of re-releases of Persona games in recent years, including 2 from Persona 3: FES and Portable. Persona 4 fixed the biggest complaint from 3, the lack of direct control over the characters in battle, so I'm curious to see how they will improve upon that.

4. Tash

Tash New Member

I thought for sure it would be on the 3DS. Now I'm REALLY curious as to what the Persona title coming to it is.

5. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Probably none. ATLUS announced a Persona for PS3 back in 2006 on one of those lists (just like the 3DS game). 5 years later and we're only now starting to here that Persona 5 is in early development.

6. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

7. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

The blue hat and bag are on people's thoughts a lot, however I don't think she has anything to do with the Velvet room..just generally because every assistant so far has those glowing eyes and that obvious "Hey I'm from the Velvet room" idea coming from them that makes them out of this world in a way. She looks like she's more out of country..and with the focus she is getting with her own artwork I'm getting the vibe she is in fact a new party member(yet the artwork doesn't show her...maybe a new villain instead?). Oh the ideas..

The SOS signal seems to be just a bonus feature that will auto happen if you die.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
  8. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

More info!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/119...eed&utm_campaign=Feed: ignfeeds/ps3 (IGN PS3)

Female Character is now 100% confirmed not to be in this game.

Notes from the interview

1)Areas that we couldn't normally get into will now be open(I'm still trying to think what areas we couldn't get into besides Junes and the Police Station).

2)New Animation Scenes

3)The New Character is pretty much sounding like a party member.

4)Were getting this game because Persona 3 psp got 30% more new fans and did really well.

It's ironic because this game was made because persona 3 psp did so well but..they don't want anything huge like a female main character. This is basically a "Let's celebrate our money with some extra Persona 4 fun!" :p Regardless I'm sure there is plenty of goodies to be found in this version from the already known costumes to new super bosses.

9. Rynnec

Rynnec Active Member

Which mean that this game is already dead to me.:p

10. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

Atlus is content with using the 3DS like the DS before it for the Devil Survivor series. With the remake of the first game coming to the 3DS and the sequel coming to the DS. The Devil Survivor series IMO feels more like Persona then other SMT games.

While the Persona games might be the most well known you have to remember they they are spin offs of a much larger series and not the main series.

11. Tash

Tash New Member

Both "Persona" and "SMT" were listed on the billboard announcing franchises coming to the 3DS last year. (although it seems they've changed their mind since then)

12. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

13. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

New pics!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/09/08/persona_4_golden_screens/

So to sum up the new info we got

1) The movie theater area where the train station is also located is open!
    2)There is a picture of the MC and Yosuke riding their mopad scooters to the theater area(Makes sense since Yosuke's bike breaks down in the beginning of the game and they only add on that he wants to get a motorcycle:p)
    3)More animation scenes! The animation pictures in particular are from the Summer Festival.
    4)You can now go to the clothes shop that you usually visit with Rise and Ai in their social links to buy your clothes at.
    5)It seems like the award picking for exp/sp/persona after a battle is a bit similar to how it was in Persona 3 now.
    6)Marie scenes! She is in fact a social link of the Aeon Arcana and she hangs out at school across from Yosuke on the second floor.
    7) There is a scene of Marie's social link where you, Chie, and Yukiko are helping her pick out clothes.
    8)You can celebrate Halloween! Yay!

Hard to say if Marie is a party member right now(it seems like they are actually trying to dodge that question as a possible surprise for later plus...her design and artwork just scream party member oddly enough) but she is getting plenty of fun focus regardless. Add more games to the Vita and I mightttttttt get this just to please my inner Persona fan.:p

14. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

The only time Marie could become a party member would be in August due it having no dungeon in there because it's the "break" of the game. That and while December is the "final month" they could still use January if they really wanted to. Not to mention because there is a Aeon Arcana now they have to fix up the Calendar so I wouldn't be surprised if they either let you go out at night more for other social links or just added a new month somehow.

However what interests me is Atlus giving her artwork and everything, which means there is probably more to her than we figure(which is why I'm still getting some idea she is going to join you either optionally or just somehow).

15. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Well the tricky thing about this is that they could of just told us flat out who exactly she was than "the new character". So far the only facts we know are

1)She is the Aeon Arcana
    2)She MIGHT be related to the Velvet room due to the V on her cap and what not(not to mention the blue colors to boot). However the way her speech was translated was as if she was actually out of country so..Atlus is really making her this mysterious on purpose.
    3)She arrives early in the game.

Plus her bag..actually I was thinking she looked like some kind of messenger of some sort(plus her hat is actually shaped like a mail man's hat). She possibly could be related to the dying in a dungeon signal search but..I don't think so just generally because we've already got pics on how that works and her face doesn't pop up in that. ...And the biggest key factor of who she might be is the locked shaped necklace around her neck. There is always the saying how one "UNLOCKS" their true potential when they get their Persona.

Actually thinking about it now, what if she actually is a servant of Igor and is in a different line of family than Elizabeth, Margaret, and Theo? And she is really just one big fun hint to Persona 5 which has also been confirmed? ....Huh that does make sense..not to mention Atlus already said Persona 5 would be as different to Persona 3 and 4 as how different Persona 3 was to 2. ...And not to mention again that I've been wondering how long they would keep going with Elizabeth's family and all. :p

Dang it Atlus tell us already!

16. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  17. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

New Info ahoy!

-There will be a skiing trip that takes place on January 7th. The characters will also be fighting shadows there for some reason..

-Marie is STILL a mysterious character. People have proven enough though that she is in fact from the Velvet Room. The V on her hat is the same exact V that's found on Margaret's book. It's possible that she might truly be Igor's Assistant for Persona 5 which in return is just one big easter egg.

-More animated scenes for the big story moments.

And last but not least...

-The characters get THIRD evolution Persona!

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/P4G-Scan_02.jpg
    http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/P4G-Scan_01.jpg

Well, looks like I'll be picking up a Vita for myself when the prices are right.:)

18. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

A third evolution? Seeing how you unlock the second forms by completing your friends Social Links near the end of the game, I wonder how do you unlock the third ones? New game plus maybe?

19. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

Either that or the third evolution occurs on the final day of the game when you have that specific character's second evolution.

This also might mean that..

20. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

New Scan ahoy!

http://www.sonypsvitablog.com/post/new-persona-4-the-golden-scans-and-details/

-You can ride bikes inside the dungeons
    -Yukiko's Third Evolution Persona is pretty much the fusion of her first evolution and second, except that it's also golden.
    -More team attacks.
    -Pictures of the opening sequence(one with Mary next to an Arcana Card).

With all of these different ideas put in, I really can't wait to see what Persona 5 is going to look like.