1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction Shattered Dreams

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by ShadowOfAGhost, Jan 1, 2005.

?

What story should I do after Shattered Dreams? (Read descriptions before voting!)

Poll closed May 30, 2005.
  1. Power Struggle

35.7%
  2. Heat Sink

28.6%
  3. Who Are You?

21.4%
  4. Lonely Beast

14.3%
  5. Authors Pick (make me choose)

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Starfire5

Starfire5 Member

*pops out of dark corner* Yes....i have been reading this.

liked the ending, but i have to admit Brother Evirie went down a bit to easily. IT all-in-all was a good chapter and i respect SOAG writing. He's on my favorites and i scold myself for not posting sooner.

I thought it was interesting and funny how the titans tried everything. You know your desperate when: you try BB's ideas. BB as Anime said was extremely FUNNY, and the kiss at the end was just the icing on the Cake.

And dudes calm down we all have opinions and we can say what they are.

Mya

2. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

I was just reading what I've missed, and I only have one thing to say (I'm sorry if it starts a whole arguement, but I think it needs to be said):

Anime, there are lots of times you harshly criticize us for little mistakes we make. I, like others, hold your opinion in high regard and all because of your honesty, but I don't see you writing a fic around here. It's not as easy as it looks.

There, had to say it. I'm sorry. I"m done now. Ciao.

3. starfire0639

starfire0639 Active Member

Ya but not when said opinions are crushing to the human sprit despite being rude and obnoxious.Now I thought Shadow said the case was closed.Let that be the final judgement over this case please.Oh ya and Crow.....Right on!

4. Anime

Anime Member

well i still think an epilogue would be sweet right about now!

I thought Crowgirl was the only one with a Jinx avatar!:confused: Starfire6 has totally got all up in my fashizzle groove!:p oh wait, it was starfire5! lol

5. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

Yes, there were a few mistakes with the quotes, but frankly, I don't care. Very beautifully written chapters, the last few were. I also quite enjoyed the re-vamped chapter 2. I may venture to say that the last chapter was perfect, if you ignore that one quote mistake. Great job.

6. ShadowOfAGhost

ShadowOfAGhost Computer Geek

It has come...

Ladies and gentlemen of Toonzone, today I present to you something that is unprecedented in my career as a writer here. During the course of time, each chapter has included one song, with the exception of the epilogue to Spurned Past, Tentative Future. During each story I have been careful not to use more than one song by any artist. Like in the epilogue of Spurned Past, Tentative Future, I will include a second song lyric in this coming chapter, but both song lyrics will be -gasp- from the same artist. Not only that, the first song lyric will be an entire song, because I couldn’t pick which verse was the best, as they were all good. Oh well, I doubt that it makes any difference to you, in fact this is probably annoying because you were expecting something important, and here I am, wasting your time before you get to the actual chapter. I assume I should get to the chapter now, but this is kind of fun, wasting your time. If you are still reading this, you could have stopped long ago. No really, you can stop reading this and get to the chapter! This is just me rambling and wasting your time, so go ahead and read. Are you still reading? Why!? I told you to stop a while ago! Ugh! Raise your hand if you are still reading. Now all of you with your hands raised, START READING!

Shattered Dreams
    ShadowOfAGhost
    “I woke the other day
    And saw my world has changed
    The past is over but tomorrow’s wishful thinking
    I can’t hold onto what’s been done
    I can’t grab on to what’s to come
    And I’m just wishing I could stop, but
    Life goes on
    Come of age
    Can’t hold on
    Turn the page
    Time rolls on
    Wipe these eyes
    Yesterday laughs
    Tomorrow cries
    Memories are bittersweet
    The good times we can’t repeat
    These days are gone and we can never get them back
    Now we must move ahead
    Despite our fear and dread
    We’re all just wishing we could stop, but
    Life goes on
    Come of age
    Can’t hold on
    Turn the page
    Time rolls on
    Wipe your eyes
    Yesterday laughs
    Tomorrow cries
    With all of our joys and fears
    Wrapped in forgotten years
    The past is laughing as today just slips away
    Time tears down what we’ve made
    And sets another stage
    And I’m just wishing we could stop
    Life goes on
    Come of age
    Can’t hold on
    Turn the page
    Time rolls on
    Wipe these eyes
    Yesterday laughs
    Tomorrow cries
    Time rolls on”
    -The Offspring, Can’t Repeat
    Chapter 19 – Epilogue

It was finally over. After all they had been through it was over at last. There was no denying that it had changed each and every one of them in some way or another, some more than others.

That is why Raven and Beast Boy now stood side by side. The cave was familiar to both of them, but even more so to Beast Boy. The only light in the cave came from the fissure in the ceiling, shining down on the centerpiece of the chasm.

“Are you sure this is what you want to do?”

“No, it’s not, but I have to get on with my life Raven.” Beast Boy took slow steps forward until he positioned himself directly in front of the monument to Terra. He knew that what he had said was true and that he did in fact need to move on, but something in his heart made him want to hesitate, and not do what he had been planning since he had gotten home.

Gradually he raised his hand and put it up to Terra’s face. In a flash he morphed into a gorilla and smashed the statue. He continued to pummel it, knocking off chunks one at a time. His fists flew faster and faster as a primal rage over came him.

When all that remained of the statue was a small pile of rocks, he let out a roar, stretching his arms as high in the air as he could. Beast Boy returned to his normal state and immediately sank to his knees, his job finished. As hard as it had been for him, it was the only way that he would ever be able to let go and get on with his life.

Raven placed her hand on his shoulder, making him look up. She gazed into his eyes, and smiled. She then helped him to his feet and wrapped him in a tight hug.

“I’m proud of you Beast Boy.”

He only sighed. “It was the only way. I never could live a full life if I continued to dwell on her.”

They stayed locked that way for a few more seconds, before they left the cave, hand in hand, leaving the past behind them. As they walked, Beast Boy began to mutter under something under his breath.

“It’s something unpredictable, but in the end is right…”

“What was that Beast Boy?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing.”

Raven giggled, “Come on Garr, let’s go.”

“Raven, did you just laugh? Wait…did you just call me Garr?” Raven gave no answer, but only pulled him along behind her, as she led him back to the tower.

Robin sat alone in the one room he loved to visit when he needed to think. There was a soft knock at the door, causing Robin to look up from his papers.

“Robin? It is I, Starfire. I wish to speak with you.” Quickly Robin shuffled his papers onto a pile and pushed them aside. She had made him promise to ease up on the workload, since they were officially together.

“Robin? Are you in there?”

Realizing that he had not answered, he gave a hasty “Uh, yeah. I’m in here Star, come on in!”

The door slid open with a whoosh, and Starfire stepped into the room. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the stack of papers, and of course there might as well have been a neon sign over Robin’s head, flashing the word “GUILTY”, because there was no way that she could overlook that fake smile of innocence that was plastered all over Robin’s face. Nothing would ever cause him to grin that wide, not even seeing Slade finally put away in jail would make him smile that wide.

“Do not even bother trying to hide it Robin, I know what you are up to.” She said, raising an eyebrow.

“Hide what?” he asked through gritted teeth.

Starfire rolled her eyes and sighed. This is not what she had come to discuss, so she decided to just get to the point. “Robin, I am feeling the need to not be together anymore.” Robin’s false smile melted into a dumb glare. Since he gave no response, Starfire continued. “In my nightmare, when you died, I felt like it was the end. I could not take it, and I can not stand the thought of loosing you again.”

“Starfire, that was only a dream…”

“It makes no difference, Robin. If I were to lose you again, I would not know what to do.” A tear rolled down her face as she sobbed and continued. “I do not want to have to live through that again. That’s why I am doing the ‘breaking up’ with you.”

“Starfire…”

“No, Robin. Don’t try to convince me of the otherwise.” She got up from the table where she sat and headed toward the door. “It is better this way. If you truly loved me, you would not want me to suffer, so just let me have my way.”

“But…Starfire…you are suffering now.”

“Robin, don’t please…”

“All right, I just want you to take one thing into account, a saying that we have here on earth.” Starfire did nothing, she only stood with her back turned to him. “The saying goes, ‘It is better to have loved and to have lost then never to have loved at all.’”

She sniffled, and wiped her tears. “Robin…” her voice was unsteady and warbling. Starfire sniffed one last time, as she stood there, lost in thought, Robin turned back to his stack of papers. As he pushed the pile back in front of him, he heard Starfire shuffling her feet, and then felt her arms wrap around him from behind. Shifting gently, he turned around and embraced her as well.

The sun was setting over Jump city, and the way that the clouds were scattered just right made for a beautiful end to the day. The only thing that could have made it better is if someone were standing beside Cyborg, to enjoy it with him. He hated to admit it, but he had been excited at the idea that he and Jinx could have been together. Now he doubted it could ever happen. Perhaps later he would give Bumblebee a call, until then, he would simply enjoy the sunset. He tried to concentrate on Bumblebee’s face, but there was no way he could keep his concentration on anything but the past events. As much as he didn’t want to admit it, Brother Evirie was right. Their dreams and ambitions had faded, only to be replaced by nightmares which would never cease to haunt them.

And there was no escaping it.

THE END

“Chances thrown
    Nothing’s free
    Longing for what used to be
    Still it’s hard
    Hard to see
    Fragile lives, shattered dreams”
    -The Offspring, The Kids Aren’t Alright

#246 ShadowOfAGhost, Jul 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2005
  7. JAG

JAG Active Member

Firsties!:D

That was a surprising chapter. I never thought I'd see Beast Boy smash Terra's statue, but I guess it made sense.

Starfire breaking up with Robin was unexpected. It made sense too, I suppose. Star didn't talk like herself, though. Too many contractions.

The whole story was great. Is there going to be a sequel?

8. ShadowOfAGhost

good point about the contractions thing, guess I didn't notice it, I'll fix it.

as far as sequals go, I typicly don't do sequals, because then those who haven't read the first one can't read the second one straight away, but I won't completely rule out the idea. ;)

-edit-

contractions fixed

and when did I say they were nescesarily broken up? I intentionally left it vague so that you could interpret it how you wanted to. It could be a hug goodbye or a makeup hug, whichever the reader interprets it as. ;)

9. Pookey

Pookey Member

shadow....that was my FAV!!! part for 2 reasons..
    1) Raven and BB are the koolest couple, Rob and Star are the most romatic but BB and Rae r so kool idk why they just r

and 2)....GREEN DAY I LOVE U FOR THAT!!! AHH GREEN DAY!!...-cough- yes i am obsessed w/ GD got a problem? no? didnt think so -bows and hugs u- thank u thank u thank u

now after that little fiasco on w/ the other part of the review...Starfire breaking up w/ Robin, now THATS an idea, i loved the line Robin said that saved their relationship so sweet!! SCORE!

LOVED the fic and LOVED the ending it was so awesome! WOOT!

oh and one more thing...GD!!!!!! thats all hehe

10. Rae

Rae Insert amusing comment

*Raises Hand* guitly for reading all of the ramblings, but it was funny!

Never thought BB would destroy Terra's statue but it's a cool idea

Star and Robin breaking up! Nooo! But i thought she got back together with him at the end! but that's just me

Poor Cy, all alone....

Anyway, that was a great Epilogue! I look forward to reading more by you! I should go back and read spurned past tentative future, now you bring it back into memory. I'll read it when i find a spare day!

Rae

11. starfire0639

starfire0639 Active Member

-And it ends. Good story. And its over. Nothing much to say. I'v given you way to many compliments for this story already. Seems your complimnet ratio with me as at an all time high and I have a propeganda at a lops where I give so much. But for your sake...and for the fact that this story rocked I'll let my gaurd down one more time and say it......Awsome freck'n chapter!....And that is all-tops hat- Oh and .....Pooky your so pathetic.-rolls eyes- But once again. Nice doin business with ya....OH and you better keep writing...another story of course but ya better write it soon. For if you don't Pooky will do the tackling and I bite...keep that in mind.

....Ya never know when I'm joking or not do ya?:evil:
    ash-meister

12. Aquagirl15

Aquagirl15 Heaven's not enough

*Raises hand as well* Gulity, I'm simple minded. :sweat:

That was a great ending. I'm pretty sure you're tried of hearing it but... Will the next story will be up soon, cause you had us vote on what you should do a while ago.

Oh I forgot to mention this in the begining: *elbmurg* Erifrats/Nibor *elbmurg* :p Find out what it means and you'll understand. No, technically, it's not a different language.

13. ShadowOfAGhost

hmmm.... what could that be? gee... could it be....*grumble* starfire/robin *grumble* ? :p

eikoor yrt ecin

well, typicaly no, but why would you bite when you could go jitsu on my ass instead?

and to answer all your questions, yes, I will try to have something up soon. I am going to do a quick one shot called Cat Scratch Fever, and then do Tug Of War, a longer story. :cool:

14. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

... ... ... ... ... ...*scratches head* ... ... ... huh?

Two things I didn't expect. Beast Boy destroying Terra is something I never, ever thought I'd see. And then Starfire dumping Robin? Well, you know my general opinion on that, but I am a rational man and can see why you would have her do that. Great final chapter, great story, great author. That's you.

15. Aquagirl15

Aquagirl15 Heaven's not enough

16. Alpha Man

Alpha Man Raven in a Bikini? Brilliant!

"And the shadow of a ghost long forgotten past over those with shattered dreams."

You like that quote? Well I liked that chapter as much as you like that quote! Uh, if that didn't make any sense you can either let me explain or shoot me.

If you have not shot me yet, or are just hesitant. I am saying that I really liked that chapter. Hopefully, you also like the quo-- BLAM!

17. Anime

Anime Member

That was as supercool as the chapter that motivated it! Well done, soag! A few minor teeny weeny grammar mistakes that my critique mind pulled out, but the rest rocked! BB was a tad overviolent there with Terra's statue...

"You know what you gotta do?"
    "Yeah."
    BB smashes the inanimate object to bits.

Well, that was the impression i got. it was still good. I see high rankings for this in the H o f!