1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman (2014 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Aug 20, 2014.

?

Rate and Comment on this Comic Series!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The Amazonian Goddess rules the shelves in this new anthology series!

SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN #1

[​IMG]

Written by GAIL SIMONE and AMANDA DEIBERT
    Art by ETHAN VAN SCIVER and CAT STAGGS

Diana Prince: Amazon warrior, ambassador to Man’s world, or champion of women in need? All of the above! This digital-first anthology series will bring some of comics’ greatest talents to Themyscira, and give them leave to explore Diana, her world – and ours! Gail Simone and Ethan Van Sciver kick things off when Oracle calls for help after the entire Bat-Family gets sidelined. But when Wonder Woman steps into the breach, Gotham City’s criminals get the surprise of their lives! Then, Amanda Deibert and Cat Staggs take Diana to school, where she meets her biggest fan!

Comments?

2. HORNS1968CE

HORNS1968CE THE LAST MAJOR

"Oracle" is mentioned. So "SCFWW" is in another DCU?
    I get the feeling that this just may be the WW who all rightminded people have been searching for, ever since the end of the GP era.
    Dudes are almost certain to be authors of "SCFWW". I vehemently hope that the Dudes choosing to author this series are topnotch.
    If they aren't....well, you know.... I am a Dude, and I want this series to drokking succeed, not just survive. Pray that no sexists drokk this most assuredly fine new series up.
    That just cannot be allowed to happen.

3. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Our first step to squashing new 52

4. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

This is a collection of out-of-continuity digital comics like the Adventures of Superman or Legends of the Dark Knight comics. They are meant to be done-in-one stories that can be read without any knowledge on characters needed and it allows new creators and big names to have a little fun. This is by no means a "first step" to "squash" the New 52. Not even remotely close.

As for the comic itself, I thought that obvious insert page DC added to show Wonder Woman saving some children was pretty unnecessary and quite jarring. It actually took me out of the story and disrupted the flow. Is that insert in the digital version too?