SDCC 2013 Panel Info & Discussion

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some. Moderator

Just like last year, this thread will be to post info about DC animation related panels, booths, events, etc. that will take place at this year's San Diego Comic Con. Please provide a link to your source if you can, too, and I will keep a running list.

Also, feel free to discuss things too general or cryptic you can't find a thread for.

1) Friday, July 19 2:45 to 3:45 pm at Ballroom 5AB: Spotlight on Bruce Timm SDCC page

2) Friday, July 19 7:30 to 9:30 pm at Ballroom 20: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox will be screened. Panel includes Justin Chambers (Flash), Kevin McKidd (Batman), C. Thomas Howell (Professor Zoom), Cary Elwes (Aquaman), Sam Daly (Superman), and a few surprise voice cast members, producer James Tucker, director Jay Oliva, dialogue director Andrea Romano, screenwriter Jim Krieg, and character designer Phil Bourassa with Gary Miereanu as moderator. DCE Article, SDCC page

3) Friday, July 19 9:30 to 11:30 pm at Ballroom 20: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox encore SDCC page

4) Saturday, July 20 11 am to 12 pm at WB Booth: Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Signing

5) Saturday, July 20 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm at Room 24ABC: Spotlight on Paul Dini SDCC Page

6) Saturday, July 20 4:15m to 5:15 pm at Room 6A: Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment: Superman's 75th Anniversary Celebration. Tim Daly and Molly Quinn will participate. An animatic clip of the 2-minute short by Zack Snyder and Bruce Timm will be shown. SDCC Page, CBR Article, DC Blog,

7) Saturday, July 20 5:45 pm to 6:45 pm at Room 6DE: Batman: The Animated Series turns 21. SDCC Page

8) Sunday, July 21 11:45 to 12:45 pm at Room 6BCF: Producer Aaron Horvath and members of the voice cast, including Scott Menville and Greg Cipes, will talk about Teen Titans Go! from TV Line article, SDCC Page

9) Sunday, July 21 1 to 2 pm at Room 6BCF: Producers Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson and members of voice cast (Confirmed: Anthony Ruivivar) will talk about Beware The Batman. TV Line article, Ruivivar tweet, SDCC Page

10) All days: A DC's World's Funnest Superman figure and Super Best Friends Forever's three pack of Batgirl, Wonder Girl, and Supergirl, designed by Lauren Faust, will be on sale as part of the DC Collectibles. The Superman will sell for $24.95 and the SBFF three pack for $49.95 USA Today Article

Informal Meet Up/Panels

11) Saturday, July 20 11 am behind the convention center: Young Justice - Greg Weisman, Brandon Vietti, and Stephanie Lemelin, and more to come. Map Here

Staffer Schedules

12) Greg Weisman's

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2013
  2. ashleesmach1

ashleesmach1 Member

I wud like to go one day but I live in South Carolina and don't want to spend the money to get there, oh well woes me lol :)

3. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

How does these conventions work???

Do we just buy tickets when we go there??

Can we bring a video camera and film the event??

4. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

If you haven't bought tickets then you're not getting in. They sell them online and they're all gone by now.
    And it varies from panel to panel. Sometimes they specify that you aren't allowed to film.

5. I_Spyral

I_Spyral Moonrider

Snyder + Timm sounds like a combo for a spectacular animation, even if it's short. Imagine them doing a movie.

6. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

I wonder if the Superman short will have any dialogue and if it does I wonder if they got Henry Cavill in to do it

7. Yojimbo

8. Riddler

Riddler Member

This will be my 5th year going to the Con! Can't wait!! :D

It looks like Beware the Batman and TT:GO have their own separate panels this year? Last year they just had a DC Nation panel which I didn't like as much because there was less focus on each show.

I wonder if Warner Bros. will release a schedule of when signings are going to be at their booth like they've done previous years.

Last year they had a stage outside the convention center for different events too like a Kevin Smith / Bruce Timm interview. It'd be cool if they brought that back again.

9. Yojimbo

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox - July 19 7:30-9:30 pm at Ballroom 20.

Details are scant for now but most likely it'll be one big DC Nation panel for BTB, TTG! and shorts.

So far, just saw info for The Flashpoint Paradox signing, at WB Booth on Saturday July 20 11 am to 12 pm.

10. Riddler

Riddler Member

Cool! I'm assuming they'll be using wrist bands for the signings...

I noticed there's a "Spotlight on Bruce Timm" panel on Friday. Sounds interesting.

11. Yojimbo

Probably, and neat. Missed the spotlight one in the list. Thanks for mentioning it.

12. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

I wonder if he'll drop any hints about his future projects... but knowing him, probably not.

13. Riddler

Riddler Member

Saturday schedule was just released.... TONS of great stuff!!!

Spotlight on Paul Dini

Superman 75th anniversary celebration

Batman The Animated Series turns 21 panel!!

among other great panels.... some of these have conflicted times... going to have to make some decisions! Very excited for that BTAS panel though!!

14. Yojimbo

lol. I expect to hear and read a lot of "Mmm...maybe" quotes.

That's so cool they got the Big 4 together to do a panel for B:TAS.

15. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

16. 90'sCartoonMan

90'sCartoonMan Punch Drunk Flounder Reporter

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely try to hit some of that stuff up!

17. Yojimbo

Brandon Vietti seems to be the first to throw a cryptic project hint
    Tv show? Short? DC Universe movie? Maybe a DCU movie since he finished up on the Scooby/WWE DTV and Jay Oliva is probably really tired after two Justice League movies in a row.

18. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Member

It's probably too much to hope that it is an Earth-16 project, isn't it?

19. Yojimbo

No, there is always hope.

20. Z Overlord

Z Overlord Guest

Anyone go to the 21st anniversary panel for Batman: The Animated Series at Comic Con?

It was Saturday. Seats got full so I couldn't get in, what happened there? Is it uploaded somewhere?